What's new

JF-17 "Extremely close" to the MIG-29: Mikhail Pogosyan

Well despite the fact that the MIG-29 didn't perform too well against the F-16 or the Su-27 we have to keep in mind that although the plane itself is a potent platform they were used inadequately by both the Iraqi and Eritrean air forces. Keep in mind that the HUD was first used in the MIG-29s.

On the other hand I do think that the JF-17 could offer a good fight against the MIG-29 with the addition of Western avionics and radar (one of F-16's chief advantages over the MIG-29). The JF-17 is a very versatile platform and could either be an economical or potent plane depending upon the amount of customization put into the plane.

i think we are talking about current JF17 (not about block 2 ) vs Mig 29 so how thats close or batter

MIG-29 didn't perform too well against the F-16 or the Su-27 we have to keep in mind that although the plane itself is a potent platform they were used inadequately by both the Iraqi and Eritrean air forces. Keep in mind that the HUD was first used in the MIG-29s

So it did not perform well.

You know, it not anybody other than the Russian who is saying that the JFT is giving the MiG29 a run for it's money. Not the Chinese, not the Pakistani, but the Russian is saying this.

So it did not perform well.

You know, it not anybody other than the Russian who is saying that the JFT is giving the MiG29 a run for it's money. Not the Chinese, not the Pakistani, but the Russian is saying this.

sir can you please compare both the planes and show us where both the planes are equivalent to each other
m not expert in these thinks and know how much read on net so please explain

thanks in advanced

i think we are talking about current JF17 (not about block 2 ) vs Mig 29 so how thats close or batter

My honest opinion is that the current JF-17 lags behind the Mig-29 performance wise. In a one-to-one dogfight with equal pilot training a Mig-29 will likely gain the upperhand.

However...

The whole premise of comparing individual planes to see which plane performs "better" or "worse" is flawed. Modern air combat is not just about how well one type of plane performs against another but about air strategy and how well the planes are fielded within a system.

My honest opinion is that the current JF-17 lags behind the Mig-29 performance wise. In a one-to-one dogfight with equal pilot training a Mig-29 will likely gain the upperhand.

However...

The whole premise of comparing individual planes to see which plane performs "better" or "worse" is flawed. Modern air combat is not just about how well one type of plane performs against another but about air strategy and how well the planes are fielded within a system.

yes you are right but this thread is about MIG 29 and JFT (which is batter )

Bhai this news came from a non bias and impartial news channel not from any Pakistani news channel..so why are u fighting with us...argue with the channel...its not our fault if russia is concidering JF17 in par with Mig29....Jf 17 must be having something inside it thats why russians are feeling threatened of its existence so chill and wait for Jf167 block 2 then Russia will say its in par with Mig35...:pakistan::china::pakistan::china:

sir can you please compare both the planes and show us where both the planes are equivalent to each other
m not expert in these thinks and know how much read on net so please explain

thanks in advanced
Or India can directly ask these questions from Russians for saying something which the Indians never expected to hear :)

Bhai this news came from a non bias and impartial news channel not from any Pakistani news channel..so why are u fighting with us...argue with the channel...its not our fault if russia is concidering JF17 in par with Mig29....Jf 17 must be having something inside it thats why russians are feeling threatened of its existence so chill and wait for Jf167 block 2 then Russia will say its in par with Mig35...:pakistan::china::pakistan::china:

Brother m not fighting with you ....m just asking a single question where your JFT is equivalent to mig29 (all its variant)

specification

'Sympathy, you can get any time....Jealousy, you have to earn'
Karan.1970's beautiful signature.

Not mine really.. Foxbat's.. And If I remember right, he got it from Karthik.

And yes, works pretty well in this thread. You will though need a few years to figure out which side it applies to. ;)

You will though need a few years to figure out which side it applies to. ;)

Your excessive use of ((;)))do clarifies your feelings as well as the side it is already applying.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Your excessive use of ((;)))do clarifies, you feelings as well as the side it is already applying.

thts why all Pakistani members backing some Russians statement
but no one is able to compare specification of both the planes

sir
in whole the thread not one put specifications of both the planes
can you please tell if any one post it and ill missed that

if JFT is superior or equivalent to mig 29 so please post specification of both the planes .... (ill checked the wiki so both the planes are not equivalent by my opinion )

sir with respect you are new we see specifications from last 10 years . i can told you jf-17 specifications even when i am sleeping deep:P

Back
Top Bottom