What's new

JF-17 "Extremely close" to the MIG-29: Mikhail Pogosyan

sir with respect you are new we see specifications from last 10 years . i can told you jf-17 specifications even when i am sleeping deep:P

I dnt know whats the problem cause we are discussing about this
(JFT is "Extremely close" to MIG-29:) but no one posting about topic just posting other things .

And m search on net but found that JFT not even near to mig 29 so m just asking about from which point JFT is batter or equivalent to Mig 29

please proof your claim

second why you bring underdevelopment fighter by this logic newly upgraded mig 29 is mig 35 so start compare with that with it

now please back on topic i think you also know about specification of jf17 and mig 29 (all variant) so please compare them and show them were jh17 is close or batter than mig 29

thanks is advanced

First of all, Mig-29 is an old platform which has nearly reached its saturation point. Secondly, J-10 is a new platform which has just started just like the first Mig-29 that rolled out back in 1977, 33 yrs ago.

And for J-10B, well it is under development but its not a project like Russian 5th gen aircraft where things are unknown, rather its J-10 being upgraded and getting tailored to PAF's requirements of which pretty much is known that what it is going to get. Comparing Mig-29 with J-10.. is an over estimation.

yes you are right but this thread is about MIG 29 and JFT (which is batter )

Dude, we cannot compare these two aircrafts in a manner of two wrestlers fighting in a ring!! It is going to be the scenario which is going to matter the most.

And it is going to be JF-17 in defensive position which will bring it a lot more advantages. Just as the range, even if we consider that thunder's radar has a range of 100km and the mig has 200km even then its gonna be thunder which will be having more coverage of the area because of the AWACS. India also has AWACS but they will not be crossing over into Pakistan until and unless all the threats are neutralized. which doesn't seem to be happening.

Also, thunder is very close to the all time famous F-16 in maneuverability, although Mig is twin engined but then J-10 has a lot less weight.!

If a Mig is to cross over the border then of course it will be armed to the teath with not only A2A missiles but ammunition for the ground attacks as well otherwise their is no point of crossing over and depending on the distance from airbase to the target it might be even having extra fuel tanks and on the other hand thunder would only need a few missiles to shoot down the migs, so apart from the weight of aircrafts its the mig which is going to have a lot of suspended weight affecting its maneuverability.

And lastly, its the quantity, of course India is not going to dispatch the whole inverntory, if there are 2 migs then looking at that PAF can dispatch 4-5 thunders so if its 10 migs then 20 thunders, so quantity will be another factor that PAF will be having full control of.

In a nutshell,
1st- Thunder will have radar advantage because of FULL support of AWACS in a bvr contact.

2nd- as I said above that the weapons to be carried or an additional fuel tank might result in giving thunder carrying a lot less than mig giving thunder even more maneuverability.

3rd, its the quantity, where again PAF will have advantage.

So, in war time its thunder on advantage but on paper its Mig, but still there is not any huge difference! Thunder is still comparable and a better alternative.

Because the performance and need of an aircraft is only justified by keeping scenarios in mind. Airforces around the world will look into alot more factors, for them thunder is a thing they can buy and further upgrade but Mig has lived its life, it can serve for now and will go down the line in history.

Not mine really.. Foxbat's.. And If I remember right, he got it from Karthik.

And yes, works pretty well in this thread. You will though need a few years to figure out which side it applies to. ;)

So you are enjoying the legacy of two trollers of your country. Cool. :azn:

I dnt know whats the problem cause we are discussing about this
(JFT is "Extremely close" to MIG-29:) but no one posting about topic just posting other things .

And m search on net but found that JFT not even near to mig 29 so m just asking about from which point JFT is batter or equivalent to Mig 29

I think you are missing "the" point ..its is not exactly about the individual capabilities of each fighter but what do both fighters get to the table as a package in terms of cost?

No JF-17 will not replace MiG-29s in any air force but will compete with MIG-29s in replacing older fighters for the air force. Get the difference?

if JFT is superior or equivalent to mig 29 so please post specification of both the planes .... (ill checked the wiki so both the planes are not equivalent by my opinion )

How does the specs of each support or not the claim made by the Russian??

Did the Russian do a specs comparison?? Spec comparison, we may conclude, were not a criteria for the Russian, so why are they a criteria for you? What do you, as a Indian, know about MiG29 that the Russian does not??

First of all, Mig-29 is an old platform which has nearly reached its saturation point. Secondly, J-10 is a new platform which has just started just like the first Mig-29 that rolled out back in 1977, 33 yrs ago.

so by this logic F16 is also old platform and reaches its saturation state but UAE bought f16 blk 60

j10 is new ??? it based on two three old platforms and using old Russian engine

And it is going to be JF-17 in defensive position which will bring it a lot more advantages. Just as the range, even if we consider that thunder's radar has a range of 100km and the mig has 200km even then its gonna be thunder which will be having more coverage of the area because of the AWACS. India also has AWACS but they will not be crossing over into Pakistan until and unless all the threats are neutralized. which doesn't seem to be happening.

i think you miss the point we have MKIs that are more useful as awack role

and by your logic your JFT cant cross border in fight cuase AWACK cant cross border ???

so by this logic F16 is also old platform and reaches its saturation state but UAE bought f16 blk 60

j10 is new ??? it based on two three old platforms and using old Russian engine

First of all J10 is not a copy of existing platforms its China's own project but yeah it includes the Project Lavi of Israel which they sold to China because they couldn't continue following US pressure.

F-16 blk 60 is also pretty much like mig-29smt, for the time being both the aircrafts are high tech but how far can they go from here ??? From the news LockHeed Martin was already looking to stop production of f-16 by 2012 but its the orders from UAE has resulted in further extension which will take time till 2015.

So these aircrafts are for today, and by today it means till the lifetime of of all the existing aircrafts and the ones for UAE. No further enhancement or upgradation.

Whereas J-10 has just come up and it will evolve over time, which means today is the basic version and over time it will go like J-10B then maybe C,D or whichever way it is taken forward and that means a time of roughly 3 decades.

So, those who buy now Thunder or J-10 will enjoy the benefits of upgradation on same platform just the thing which India and Pakistan had done since they first purchased mig-29s and f-16s decades back.

i think you miss the point we have MKIs that are more useful as awack role

and by your logic your JFT cant cross border in fight cuase AWACK cant cross border ???

Now thats the point currently we are looking at thunder vs Mig not any other fighter.And made the whole scenario in regard with that, which means If India uses Migs against Pakistani thunders. Because the thread is about mig vs thunder.

If mki's are there then there is no need of Mig they can do the other job themselves too and even more effeciently.

We have a defensive doctrine and our forces will act only for defense and if there will be any case of aggression then it will be our frontline fighters f-16s or J-10s.

So, the scenario that I mentioned is the only one where i think thunder will be seen in action, mostly because its used as an advanced interceptor.

Now thats the point currently we are looking at thunder vs Mig not any other fighter.And made the whole scenario in regard with that, which means If India uses Migs against Pakistani thunders. Because the thread is about mig vs thunder.

If mki's are there then there is no need of Mig they can do the other job themselves too and even more effeciently.

We have a defensive doctrine and our forces will act only for defense and if there will be any case of aggression then it will be our frontline fighters f-16s or J-10s.

So, the scenario that I mentioned is the only one where i think thunder will be seen in action, mostly because its used as an advanced interceptor.
please tell me how to multi quote a post

Lets make a thread which is Used Stricktly for trolling. So whoever has a desire can troll there. What will be the benefit??? well it would make the rest of the threads pure from Trolling.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom