What's new

JF-17 Block III's proposed AESA Radar KLJ-7A

Can it be assumed that this limitation is owing to the use of superior laser ring gyro based INS in ROSE Mirages (perhaps absent in JF 17), which is used to produce high accuracy state estimates for initializing the navigation filter in the Ra'ad? The usual excuse of insufficient ground clearance is just a bit hard to buy.

Sometimes conspiracy theories are just those. Conspiracy. JFT also has a RLG based INS, which is next gen to SAGEM unit in ROSE Mir. Raad does not require an alignment transfer from Mir and is able to undertake autonomous navigation. Mirage is a much higher aircraft and JFT isn't. Same issue with H weapon integration. See if you can find a side to side picture.

Sometimes conspiracy theories are just those. Conspiracy. JFT also has a RLG based INS, which is next gen to SAGEM unit in ROSE Mir. Raad does not require an alignment transfer from Mir and is able to undertake autonomous navigation. Mirage is a much higher aircraft and JFT isn't. Same issue with H weapon integration. See if you can find a side to side picture.
That was just a curious comment. Nothing of any sort being consipered ☺ . My question was specifically about the initialization of the EKF/ PF inside the Ra'ad. Based on your answer it seems that the missile NAV system gets operational right before/during the taxi roll. Anyways appreciate the prompt response.

I doubt raad is conventional weapon anyway. I suspect once mirage retire you will see another version for thunders but for now paf is going to stuck with mirages for its nuc role

The Mirage has a almost flat underside, so it has more ground clearance on it's centre pylon for a bulkier carry on.
Unfortunate the MiG-35 isn't an option for the PAF. It appears to have the right balance of cost, size and capability to be a ROSE I/II/IiI replacement. A Ra'ad ALCM could be fit from each wing.

Hi,

Did you mean to say " Mirage is a much TALLER aircraft and JFT isn't ".
Actually sir, JF17 is TALLER than Mirage at 4.77m while mirage is 4.5m. It is about ground clearance. Mirage with its relatively flat belly MAY have more ground clearance.

There is no official word regarding ground clearance that i could find so it is just speculations for now. It will help if someone can find some official word about ground clearance of both.

Mirage V
mirage5_3v.jpg

JF17
jf-17-drawing.jpg

The Mirage has a almost flat underside, so it has more ground clearance on it's centre pylon for a bulkier carry on.

Actually sir, JF17 is TALLER than Mirage at 4.77m while mirage is 4.5m. It is about ground clearance. Mirage with its relatively flat belly MAY have more ground clearance.

There is no official word regarding ground clearance that i could find so it is just speculations for now. It will help if someone can find some official word about ground clearance of both.

Mirage V
mirage5_3v.jpg

JF17
jf-17-drawing.jpg

Hi,

Thanks---that is what I meant---.-it seems to have more ground clearance.

Last launch per Chinese media was from JF but paf/pak media just announced air platform so most probably it was JF underwing pylons can carry more than 1000+ JF each and has clearance for c803akg dimensions similar to Raad

So JF can Carry 2 at a time

KLJ-7A AESA Radar probably manufacture under license/ TOT as made in Pakistan AESA Radar as one member start thread analyzing recent address by Air chief . I wouldn't surprise if Pakistan gets help from Turkey in this regard .

JFT have 3 pylons that can carry 1100+kg of load each one of them is centerline pylon rest are under wing roots to a total of 4600+ kg of external load.

Mirage V
mirage5_3v.jpg

JF17
jf-17-drawing.jpg

Hi,

When the F16 was designed---the designer never thought about it that a day would come that it might have to carry an alcm under its belly---so ground clearance was never a factor to be considered---and this is authentic---I read it many a years ago---but never thought of saving the material.

And as a similar thing happened with the JF17 as well---seemingly---the designer never thought that an alcm would be one of the weapons of choice for this aircraft.

Back
Top Bottom