What's new

JF-17 Block III's proposed AESA Radar KLJ-7A

Yes, this is AESA. Reduced roughly in overall size by 10-15% since the devel-version. Produces linear power output on an average of 5-8 watts to address power issues with AESA. Not sure, but radar uses four channel trancievers modules, generating outputs in range of 4-5 W on average per channel. Trancievers can be selectively switched on-off by radar computers, so it has redundancy bulit-in. It has minor russian input aswell.

Last edited:
Yes, this is AESA. Reduced roughly in overall size by 10-15% since the devel-version. Produces linear power output on an average of 5-8 watts to address power issues with AESA. Not sure, but radar uses four channel trancievers modules, generating outputs in range of 4-5 W on average per channel. Trancievers can be selectively switched on-off by radar computers, so it has redundancy bulit-in. It has minor russian input aswell.
Can you further elaborate on it?

I have a question about the software used in current blocks. i read somewhere that jft software is made in C++, so for the block 3 if this klj7a is selected there will be changes in software.
should not be.

Where did you get such information?

I have a question about the software used in current blocks. i read somewhere that jft software is made in C++, so for the block 3 if this klj7a is selected there will be changes in software.

When you say JFT's "software", the entire jet runs on software. Are you referring to the Radar / Avionics related to the Radar, TR/Modulation, etc? The military applications like these and for communication are made in ADA and Small Talk, etc. Not in C++. The HUD, the Flight Control tech is made in C++ in some countries to use COTS (Common Off the Shelf) products like the C++ and other commercially available tools and techniques. I'd like to find out what the JFT's radar modulation software is written in too.

When you say JFT's "software", the entire jet runs on software. Are you referring to the Radar / Avionics related to the Radar, TR/Modulation, etc? The military applications like these and for communication are made in ADA and Small Talk, etc. Not in C++. The HUD, the Flight Control tech is made in C++ in some countries to use COTS (Common Off the Shelf) products like the C++ and other commercially available tools and techniques. I'd like to find out what the JFT's radar modulation software is written in too.
F-35 software is built by using mostly C, C++
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...-language-used-for-the-f35-lightning-ii-aircr
a C++ program for JFT is not prone to cyber attack?? what are the safegurads?
P.S I ain't a programmer....
C++ and C directly run over hardware and don't require intermediate byte code translators this made the code written in C and C++ revers engineering resistant and purely hardware specific, which in turn make the overall platform resistant to cyber attacks

The link doesn't say anything that I didn't already say....the proprietary Radar, EW, Communications and Defensive applications are always built in ADA, Small Talk, etc. It tells you there is ADA. The rest, the flight controls, etc, they can be written in anything that your processor can quickly translate, C++ is for sure cheaper to maintain and abundant labor supply so it makes perfect sense. By the way, just for future reference, sites like Wiki and SourceForge or StackOverflow, are never credible for top secret projects like the JSF. In fact, people, per their visual demo can be writing their hearts out about how whatever demo they saw, actually "works", but its never the case. There is a reason its called top secret. Thanks

The link doesn't say anything that I didn't already say....the proprietary Radar, EW, Communications and Defensive applications are always built in ADA, Small Talk, etc. It tells you there is ADA. The rest, the flight controls, etc, they can be written in anything that your processor can quickly translate, C++ is for sure cheaper to maintain and abundant labor supply so it makes perfect sense. By the way, just for future reference, sites like Wiki and SourceForge or StackOverflow, are never credible for top secret projects like the JSF. In fact, people, per their visual demo can be writing their hearts out about how whatever demo they saw, actually "works", but its never the case. There is a reason its called top secret. Thanks
For Your clarity StackOverflow is one the largest community of Programmers with good reputation system just check the reputation of individuals in the thread.and 88% of code is in C and C++ only the components which are reused form f 22 have the ada and other languages code

she is a mechanical engineer of Pakistani origin who has worked with multiple vendors including Chengdu.her specialty is engine.

Thanks; that certainly lends credibility to her assertions.

Back
Top Bottom