What's new

JF-17 Block III Model Presented To The Participants

Most people were expecting the same transition from Block II to Block III as was in the Gripen going from Gripen C/D to Gripen E/F.

https://saab.com/air/gripen-fighter-system/gripen/gripen-ef/

Given how long it has taken to get to Block III, it was fair to assume that a larger change was being undertaken than has been. Additional Block II's have been purchased to keep the production line active until Block III is available.

And, what do we have people saying... PAF hasn't even decided on which variant of the AESA radar it wants? I mean, how pathetic is that?

Does seem like a lot of people in PAC/PAF/CAC have been sitting with their fingers up their bums as far as the Block III project goes. Rather dissapointing given the sheer amount of time they have spent on it and the delays this project has had with very little real progress to show for it.

Block III has not advanced much beyond Block II other than an AESA radar, which according to people, has not even been selected yet ?????!?!?!?!?

Most people were expecting the same transition from Block II to Block III as was in the Gripen going from Gripen C/D to Gripen E/F.

https://saab.com/air/gripen-fighter-system/gripen/gripen-ef/

Given how long it has taken to get to Block III, it was fair to assume that a larger change was being undertaken than has been. Additional Block II's have been purchased to keep the production line active until Block III is available.

And, what do we have people saying... PAF hasn't even decided on which variant of the AESA radar it wants? I mean, how pathetic is that?

Does seem like a lot of people in PAC/PAF/CAC have been sitting with their fingers up their bums as far as the Block III project goes. Rather dissapointing given the sheer amount of time they have spent on it and the delays this project has had.

Block III has not advanced much beyond Block II other than an AESA radar, which according to people, has not even been selected yet ?????!?!?!?!?

Calm down bro it’s what’s under the hood that matters .... I assure you we will not be disappointed ...

what i do not understand..
If its souped up JF17 Thunder why hide the pictures and 1st flight...if its radar not selected then why we have picture of Operational JF17 Block 2 with LFK601 radar. (rumored to be combat tested on 27-Feb-19)

Hiding it tell us...there are changes in aircraft that are visible to naked eye...please dont put argument of under the hood modifications...then there is no need to hide...

so this is what i think in la la land...the 1st flight in China was not of block 3 it was for something else..and whole Block 3 flight is just a maskirovka!

And the plot thickens....

2 will be use for fuel tanks, so remaining 5 hard points will carry weapons. That's why thunder need at least 9 hard points
The current fleet reportedly become equipped with dual racks which enables it to carry 2x missiles/Bombs on a single hardpoint.

If you know how to read serials, that's definitely Block-II.

I know that duh.. block iii design isn't far from block ii and b variant, but soon it will upgraded to block iii too. thats why "distend future".
I know, but that's not Block-III.

If im right, i get to kill @Zarvan, if im wrong, you get to kill Zarvan.

Bet?
lol

I was just sharing the pic of him visiting.

jf-17-thunder-dubai-air-show-pakistan-aeronautical-complex-pacpakistan-and-china-aviation-technology-import-export-corporation-catic-paris-air-show-siplay-pakistan-air-force-paf-plaa-1.jpg

Last edited:
If you know how to read serials, that's definitely Block-II.

PAF doesn't want you to see the Block-III just yet.

I know, but that's not Block-III.

If im right, i get to kill @Zarvan, if im wrong, you get to kill Zarvan.

Bet?
:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Just stop with all this for Godsake now.

Let the time tell you.

Enough hints and information is available on this forum for reference !!!

Back
Top Bottom