What's new

JF-17 Block-4 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Block 4 with the current development timeline doesn't make any sense. By the time block 3 construction finishes most of the AFs would have started induction of 5th gen fighters and development of 6th gen. How developing a new block of this airframe makes any sense in this setting?

Instead of hoping for a 'stealthy JF-17' why not wish for the PAF to start a next generation, lightweight single engine fighter to complement the twin engine AZM?
The thing is we will need roughly 250 JFTs to overcome the need for retiring platforms. I think if we follow the block building approach we will require w more blocks to reach upto the numbers. Further more 5th gen fighters will not appear kn our horizons till 2030-35. So how do we build up and maintain our fleet? I dont see an interim fighter primatily because if our dire finances apart from older F16s.
Unlike others I do not feel we need to radically alter design but engine development along with progression of avionics and software will require at least one if not 2 further blocks.
A

Instead of hoping for a 'stealthy JF-17' why not wish for the PAF to start a next generation, lightweight single engine fighter to complement the twin engine AZM?
Something to complement the AZM similar to F-35 and F-22 combination !!!

However, i would definitely love to see a Full Fledged Medium Weight Thunder. Take a time of 5 years, they can do it.

Block 3 could have been flying by 2016 but the drawback was matured advanced avionics such as AESA, HMD and some others. But as soon as these things became operational, we got a flying Block 3.

As for Block 4, the concern of avionics is not that high as it was for Block 3.

We should utilize our R&D to take the Thunder into J-10 and F-16 league, optimized specially for carrying missiles which are not possible for Light weight and most medium weight.

Example - CX-1, Multiple RAAD, HD-1 in numbers as well as C-802 and CM-400.
Having an A2A config similar to J-10 would be amazing

In the mean time, create an even stronger radar for a medium weight Thunder, by 2025, China will have far better options than Meteor in terms of RAMJET powered.

Having a even Stronger Radar similar to J-20, a far matured WS-10 or even a WS15 engine, along with even more advanced EW Suite and ECM, will make Rafale look like a sitting duck !!!

These fighters can in turn serve us for a v.long time as India itself intends to take rafale beyond 2050 (i.e if it survives even 2025 ;);):P) .

One thing that will be required would be a heavy budget, for research as well as production. A single unit can cost easily upto $55-$66mn but it’s worth it.

On a whole different scenerio,
We can just stop Thunder program after Block 3 and just expect minor upgrades here & there,
But focus on a second 5th Gen project for Single engine, possibly light weight but a medium weight like F-35 would give you the balance between a 5th gen and Internal bay config, since light weight stealth fighter would have a very small bay (if it even manages to).

Currently, only rumoured at DAS17, UAE and Rosoboronexport, had talks to building a joint 5th Gen light weight fighter. No update on it afterwards.

Such a project would immediately attract investment from Gulf as well as Turks or Malaysia or even maybe Ukraine. That is if we keep the timeline short and aim to bring it to production by 2028.

On the other hand, we keep on going with AZM heavy twin engine which SHOULD be delayed till 2030-32 to stay updated on the advancements of major powers post 5th gen and then take steps accordingly so as to do a job one time but enough for long !!!

If we don’t intend to introduce another fighter program of a single engine, then either keep on going with Block 4, or even Block 5 BUT procure Off-The-Shelf 5th gen fighter from China for 2 squadrons. If possible, go after FC-31 or J-35 (let’s see what happens to the program as there is quite uncertainty surrounding the program these days, another prototype is rumored to fly by feb march 2020).

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) @JamD @Hodor @Syed Hammad Ahmed @Windjammer @araz @Mangus Ortus Novem @Signalian @aliyusuf @MastanKhan @seven0seven @Stealth

I am calling it, lets start. What is missing from Block III that we need in Block IV given how little we know about Block III right now.

yar, kera block 4, chaur dio.. please close this thread

I am calling it, lets start. What is missing from Block III that we need in Block IV given how little we know about Block III right now.
1 kam karo, thread bhi band nai hogi, rename it to Block 4 wishlist

Blk 3 hasnt arrived yet and we are dreaming about blck 4.. Bhtt aagy ki soch rakhty hn ham wesy :partay:
Kaash sab hi aisi soch rakhna shro hojaen !!

is he trying to fist at himself?
As far as my understanding goes, he might be checking his smelly armpits

I think that will come in 2040 when first JFs are going to reach their service life unless point defence and CAS job is related to UCAV . I don't think there much there to upgrade unless they want to for NG route.

I think that will come in 2040 when first JFs are going to reach their service life unless point defence and CAS job is related to UCAV . I don't think there much there to upgrade unless they want to for NG route.
Block 1s might reach their service life by 2030 i guess !!

Cup holders
Tape deck
Bluetooth
Tinted windows
I love Pakistan ornament hanging off mirror
Ornamental tissue box in back
Wooden beads on seat
Shit loads of glitter in the back seat where the wife and kids have been wearing their wedding clothes
Patches of mismatched car spray on bodywork covering the dents and scratches

Anything else? JF17 Block 4 is going to be a pakaa Pakistani plane:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

looks man looks... we are missing the looks that alot of fans wanted so desperately. We need a fighter with 6 packs, good looks, handsome, jawline, etc etc..
Looks are subjective. On ground it looks okish but I love seeing it fly. Only that bothered me was trail of smoke and employment of afterburner even on clean config, really hoped for RD93MA it WS19 but what can we do other than wish and pray.

@airomerix the PAF CAS told Jane's in May 2019 that the ASR for Azm is twin engine. Could that ASR roll into the Turkish TF-X and, in turn, PAF develop a lighter single engine jet separately?

In Thunders Life Span i think it already had the biggest major upgrade with block 3. The rest will be Improvement of the existing systems.
Pakistan can improve its performance by using better materials & better engine but it has its own limitations.

Project AZM will be the true Gamer Changer for the future of PAF if they are able to pull it off for the next 3 to 4 Decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom