What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Sanctioning India part is still up in the air. US isn't stupid enough to invoke CAATSA if it stands to lose more than gain from antagonizing India. India is a huge market and US already has extensive defense ties with Indian defense industry. This doesn't guarantee India protection from CAATSA but it does go a long way along that road.
- Not sure if you were serious or it was sarcasm when you said "Pakistan is a democratic country. Pakistan Army is not going to walk into Prime Minister's office and take power", i'm inclined towards the latter.

Do you want a Chinese Report about American Finances. Do you want a French report about the Australian economic conditions?...

Pakistan is a democratic country. Pakistan Army is not going to walk into Prime Minister's office and take power", i'm inclined towards the latter.

Says an Indian who's never stepped foot in Pakistan...

It's known for a long time. The blk 3 patch shows dual racks with bvr+wvr.
I’m aware the patches show it, it’s been shown in full sized models at least thrice as well as in Spec-sheet figured, but this would be the first time we’re seeing it on an aircraft, thats what I meant. But you called that a while back as well 👍🏻

It sure as hell wouldn't have caused the country to enter a steep decline. Look how pissed even the rich French are at losing a similar amount of money. That's enough to buy almost ten thousand rotis for every person in Pakistan.

What steep decline are you talking about, Pakistan's exports, imports, budgetary deficits, FDI, spending patterns have not shown any unusual change during 2001-2013 that cannot be explained using historical Pakistani economic patterns or through non-WoT factors. In fact, Pakistan's exports rose steepest in history during the period 2000-2012 while exports as a percentage of GDP remained roughly the same suggesting no unusual patterns.
Don't go as far as France, if i lose my wallet that has at best a few hundred rupees, i'll be pissed. You are addressing a different question under the garb of addressing the $120-150 billion loss figures which remain unsubstantiated. Yes, any upheaval in the region will have economic ramifications, but we should never believe a number just because it was quoted in a fancy official document without any supporting evidence.

Do you want a Chinese Report about American Finances. Do you want a French report about the Australian economic conditions?...

- Would you let students ever grade their own exam performance? or have them write reasons for poor results for the official school record? or do you want to ask an academic expert?
- Do you want to just copy paste links without reading them? Anyone reading that link with a little thinking ability would question the source of those precise numbers in the billions of dollars per year. You just believe statements just because they are in a PDF, are in figures you don't understand or do you want to try confirming where they came from?

- Exports of Pakistan show the steepest climb between 2001 and 2012, the exact period cited as the worst for Pakistan in your linked report.
- GDP growth was steepest during 2001-2012, again the same period this report cites as the period where we lost over $100 billion.

If you want to believe the lame unsubstantiated excuses of economic policy makers because you don't want to spend a minute reading, feel free to. Feel free to believe that the record exports and GDP growth in history of Pakistan was actually the period we lost the most economic grounds. Forget that Pakistan rode the WoT ladder back into relevance after nuclear tests sanctions era and Kargil. Forget that one of Pakistan's lowest CAD was recorded in 2000s due to cash inflows.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Says an Indian who's never stepped foot in Pakistan...

Use the 'Indian' card when questioned against your illogical or unsubstantiated claims! Right.

Last edited:
Ahh Didn't knew. Back to being single source than 😀
A single source is fine when it’s a picture (unless obviously faked) and this one doesn’t look fake, it’s expected anyways so I’d say it’s basically confirmed, still, I’m sure we’ll see more pictures soon, and PL-15 somewhere down the line.

Denel has modified A-Darter several times for foreign customers. Brazil bought A-darter from South Africa. Brazilian A-darter is different then ordinary export version. Brazilian A-darter has a data link to Raven ES05 radar.

PL-10 is identical to 1980s Aspide. China initially licensed produced as Aspide Mk.1 then rename to PL-10 after 1989. Whatever Chinese media says about PL-10 like off-boresight capability, etc I would take it as partial truth. Ultimately, PL-10 is 1970s technology. Here is another truth Rocketsan manufactured rocket motors of Apside MK.1 missiles.

Denel A-darter is a modern technology supported by Leonardo and Saab Group. Denel can modify data link to matching X-band KLJ-7A.
Lol! You are entirely wrong about PL10! And have no idea what you’re talking about.
Surprised nobody is talking about this more, this is big.
Twin rack capability had been tested on Block 2 JF-17s.

A single source is fine when it’s a picture (unless obviously faked) and this one doesn’t look fake, it’s expected anyways so I’d say it’s basically confirmed, still, I’m sure we’ll see more pictures soon, and PL-15 somewhere down the line.
So we have 4 BVRs and 2 WVR missiles.
Now will they be able to carry external fuel tanks on its wings? They will carry center line fuel tank for sure but what about other two on wings.

@JamD ,@Bilal Khan (Quwa) ,@messiach ,@The Eagle @MastanKhan this is something big.plz come here with your thoughts.

So we have 4 BVRs and 2 WVR missiles.
Now will they be able to carry external fuel tanks on its wings? They will carry center line fuel tank for sure but what about other two on wings.

@JamD ,@Bilal Khan (Quwa) ,@messiach ,@The Eagle @MastanKhan this is something big.plz come here with your thoughts.
Yeah, they should be able to carry 3 fuel tanks, 4 BVRs and 2 WVRs As well as a jamming pod.
Lol! You are entirely wrong about PL10! And have no idea what you’re talking about.

Twin rack capability had been tested on Block 2 JF-17s.
That makes sense, it was just never shown (for BVRs, it was shown carrying bombs), The weight limitation was overcome way back when the thunder received wing strengthening. Basically there was/is nothing holding back block 2s from having the same capability in my mind, unless there have been some other changes to make this load out work better on block 3.

Denel has modified A-Darter several times for foreign customers. Brazil bought A-darter from South Africa. Brazilian A-darter is different then ordinary export version. Brazilian A-darter has a data link to Raven ES05 radar.

PL-10 is identical to 1980s Aspide. China initially licensed produced as Aspide Mk.1 then rename to PL-10 after 1989. Whatever Chinese media says about PL-10 like off-boresight capability, etc I would take it as partial truth. Ultimately, PL-10 is 1970s technology. Here is another truth Rocketsan manufactured rocket motors of Apside MK.1 missiles.

Denel A-darter is a modern technology supported by Leonardo and Saab Group. Denel can modify data link to matching X-band KLJ-7A.
Wonderful. Now can you please support your arguments with some hard data? You think that Denel can modify the A darter but PL 10 has not been modified! For your information SD 10 had the quickest induction in PAF'S history (courtest Mr Bilal khan777).
As to your last comment regarding Denel modifying data link to be supported by KLJ7A. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WILL GIVE DENEL THE SOURCE CODES OF THEIR AESA RADAR!!!! Youare either naive or you think you are talking to fools. Please also read PACfacilities for integration of hardware. When I dont know something I accept I do not know it but dont try to wing it. I also dont believe in conversing with Mr Know it alls when they dont know jack.
Bring up hard data comparing both missiles or dont bother responding to my post again
A

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom