What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Entirely not true. The seats were functioning just fine. 5/6 pilots who ejected in the 90s were recovered safely.
Well this was told to me by an F-16 pilot based at Masroor. He used to come to my flat in i Clifton .
I Don't know if he was being boastful, or some F-16,had this issue and others were fine.
Yes there were successful ejections in the 90s from PAF F-16s, last in the 90s being in October 1994.

Well this was told to me by an F-16 pilot based at Masroor. He used to come to my flat in i Clifton .
I Don't know if he was being boastful, or some F-16,had this issue and others were fine.
Yes there were successful ejections in the 90s from PAF F-16s, last in the 90s being in October 1994.

Masroor had F-16s? i thought it was F7/Mirage later JF17/Mirage base

Masroor had F-16s? i thought it was F7/Mirage later JF17/Mirage base

It used to have F-16s, now from what I've seen it mostly has Mirages, F-7 and some C-130s and JF-17. The airshow JF-17 was also parked at Masroor last I checked.
1632156848800.png

Please just go to F-16.net and check the no. of ejections done in the 90s and their success rate. You do not need some 'source' to get to the bottom of this entirely untrue claim.

Please just go to F-16.net and check the no. of ejections done in the 90s and their success rate. You do not need some 'source' to get to the bottom of this entirely untrue claim.
Likewise please read my comment again. I have added the F-16 dot net link of the incidents you mentioned.
There are multiple possibilities. The claim could be entirely untrue. However the statement was made in 1996, two years after the last recorded ejection.
So things may have changed by then.
Or part of the fleet may be all good, other may not be so.
Now let's get back to JF-17 discussions and forget F-16 .

The only spare that needs replacement in an ejection seat is it's rocket motors, which I believe have a pretty long life and can be acquired from multiple sources. Even during the sanction period, Pakistan was acquiring F-16 parts from other countries, though at a higher price. There was never a time when PAF flew F.16 with non-functional ejection seats. These are just rumors.

Don't know which ejection seats F-16 had in the early 90s. But back then PAF pilots flew the jets with non functioning ejection seats. The Americans had sanctioned Pakistan and spares weren't available.

The only spare that needs replacement in an ejection seat is it's rocket motors, which I believe have a pretty long life and can be acquired from multiple sources. Even during the sanction period, Pakistan was acquiring F-16 parts from other countries, though at a higher price. There was never a time when PAF flew F.16 with non-functional ejection seats. These are just rumors.
Well if that "rumour" is from the mouth of an active duty F-16 pilot, then there's some substance to it.
But never mind

Back
Top Bottom