What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Watch the video.

Also a swash plate that can be made to move sideways can also be made to downwards. I've already posted the video of the Captor-E.

These are at least two ways of doing it. The angle of the antenna that you see is exactly to make use of these movements and provide a wider coverage. No point in placing the antenna at an angle when the plate is static.
Thank you, I stand corrected.

@krash, what about the 3 array version of KLJ-7A, the main antenna is angled there, so wont that need a canted nose?
1610144072767.png

Also what sort of fuselage design would such a radar need, Su-57 style with cutouts for the side arrays in the fwd fuselage?

Two of Air Data Probes/Pitot Tubes moved under the nose freeing bit of space on right side of the Nose, making room for ????? :oops:
If you are i.plyong IRST then unlikely. The problem will be the actual space to put the IRST, SO UNLESS it is integrated with the AESA radar like the Vixen then it maynot work. But PLEASE Iam not implying by any stroke of imagination that we have got the Vixen.
A

Last edited:
@krash, what about the 3 array version of KLJ-7A, the main antenna is angled there, so wont that need a canted nose?View attachment 704973

Also what sort of fuselage design would such a radar need, Su-57 style with cutouts for the side arrays in the fwd fuselage?
Those additional arrays add weight, weight that will have to be offset as well either by adding weight towards the rear or by redistribution which has additional costs and engineering hours to it.

I am asking a simple question for learned people here based on visual observation

How come there is no difference in nose cone of JF-17 Block 3
View attachment 704923
Now we see as visual sample of AESA Equipped aircraft
View attachment 704925
View attachment 704927

why do i feel that Block 3 prototype is not flying with AESA its flying with regular KLJ7 radar?

may be AESA will come when RD93MA will come? valid question?
J-10C and J-11D are much closer to air superiority fighters, while J-16 to a multirole fighter.

There is a straight up situation for jeff.all the technology developed for azm will be tested on Jeff.
So no more chinese ,western, turkish or russian systems except the engine.

There is a straight up situation for jeff.all the technology developed for azm will be tested on Jeff.
No your wrong, we are the develop phase of these technologies for AZM, why you think that these technologies are so easy to be made and this is our first time, we have no to minimal experience to design and develop avionics/AESA for block-3, so be real bro

Those additional arrays add weight, weight that will have to be offset as well either by adding weight towards the rear or by redistribution which has additional costs and engineering hours to it.
I didn't like it before, but I'm starting to understand the PAF's approach of controlling costs to this more aggressive degree. Basically, they could have spent more to add more features and capabilities, but if the gains are marginal improvements (versus closing fundamental gaps), then why take on the cost?

It's better to focus on getting the fundamental capabilities for the lowest cost possible. In the case of the Block-3, the main outcomes were an AESA radar, VLRAAM integration, an ECM kit, and HMD/S. I think the HMD/S is the only area the PAF is willing to spend money on because it offers a net-new capability in the form of HOBS AAM. The only reason why it can't is because there are no options at this time.

Basically, if there's any money left for further improving the Block-3, it's reserved for the HMD/S (be it from China, Europe, or Israel via 3rd parties). That's the only missing capability gap.

I didn't like it before, but I'm starting to understand the PAF's approach of controlling costs to this more aggressive degree. Basically, they could have spent more to add more features and capabilities, but if the gains are marginal improvements (versus closing fundamental gaps), then why take on the cost?

It's better to focus on getting the fundamental capabilities for the lowest cost possible. In the case of the Block-3, the main outcomes were an AESA radar, VLRAAM integration, an ECM kit, and HMD/S. I think the HMD/S is the only area the PAF is willing to spend money on because it offers a net-new capability in the form of HOBS AAM. The only reason why it can't is because there are no options at this time.

Basically, if there's any money left for further improving the Block-3, it's reserved for the HMD/S (be it from China, Europe, or Israel via 3rd parties). That's the only missing capability gap.
Sir is it possible to integrate PL10E and HMD to our block 2 fleet? It would provide a huge advantage in close combat

Are KLJ-7A/ PL-15/PL-10/PL-12/CM-400AKG etc etc are Pakistani tech, we haven't currently composite material processing technologies in Pakistan yet, and you're talking about whole block-3 is INDIGENEOUS EXCEPT THE ENGINE LOL

Last edited:
We need matured tech for jf17 block 3 so we got it from china but we want our own tech for azm.
azm tech need some test bed that test bed will be Jeff.
Aesa radar,aam,ew,ecm, other sub systems are in development phase.
We are seeking assistance and collaboration from anyone in the whole wide world be it america ,french,italy,sweden,turkey,china,russia just anyone.
ae KLJ-7A/ PL-15/PL-10/PL-12/CM-400AKG etc etc are Pakistani tech, we haven't currently composite material processing technologies in Pakistan yet, and you're talking about whole block-3 is INDIGENEOUS EXCEPT THE ENGINE LOL

Are KLJ-7A/ PL-15/PL-10/PL-12/CM-400AKG etc etc are Pakistani tech, we haven't currently composite material processing technologies in Pakistan yet, and you're talking about whole block-3 is INDIGENEOUS EXCEPT THE ENGINE LOL
Even in the west nothing is indigenous now. Only Indian Tijas is indeginous

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom