What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

lets no kid our self PAF atleast need 300 given f16s arent coming..otherwise IAF is going to eat it alive once they materialize their modernization program

Ideally Pakistan needs 300 light-weight fighter aircraft and 200 medium-weight fighter aircraft. A total of 500 fighter aircraft with PAF is enough to detter IAF's 700 fighter aircraft fleet.

Now, the enitre light-weight requirement can be fulfilled by JF-17 Thunders with even the current Blocks while the medium-weight will require more F-16s until 200 PF-65 Sultan are built as a result of Project Azm.

thats impressive. if you are saying then there is something special . i notice you dnt talk much but you have inside knowledge. you are very calm sir
I'm very fortunate, but remember I could be wrong too sometimes so corrections are always welcome.

Yup noticed that, initially i thought it may be a RWR or some other gadget but as you pointed out it may be a fairing similar to the one on Typhoon.

1200px-RAF_Eurofighter_EF-2000_Typhoon_F2_Lofting-1.jpg
That's an APU exhaust. Not to suck in air to cool the engine.

... until 200 PF-65 Sultan are built as a result of Project Azm.

Sir, did you just coined this name "PF-65 Sultan"? PF (instead of JF makes sense) - 65 (??) Sultan (instead of thunders) or is that name a proposed officially/semi-officially in use at PAC?

If you see pictures of Israeli kfir fighter it has a quite resemblance with it.

Initialy i thought the same as he pointed out IAI Kfir was re-engine so i thought also the same...but IAI Kfir has huge intake...and on Block 3 its like a protrusion so...i will go to conclusion that its RWR/ECM/ESM equipment just like J10C

Are Indians bipolar? There was a time when JF used to be "Junk Fighter" to them and now they are comparing them to Mirages rather better. But don't these insecure peeps have Su-3o

:pop:

That protrusion under the vertical stabiliser is too tiny to allow sufficient amount of air through it, especially if the air was required to help/cool the engine. But this little friend also exists in J-10c which is yet another hint what kind of technology would this Block-III baby be housing within.

View attachment 596293
View attachment 596296

Soon, we wouldn't see those sensor tubes on nose cone of Thunder and couple of antennas.

About Radar that will be placed in Block 3 i have come to conclusion that it will KLJ7A with Hydraulic AESA like CAPTOR why? if you see the AOA indicator have not been moved if KLJ7 with 3 fixed antenna were chosen they are in the way....

so KLJ7A with Hydraulic AESA Antenna...is my guess.

where did I say this? I simply stated that everyone who expected big changes was misinformed. I have NEVER made any prediction on the JF-17 or any other platform because I don’t have inside information and frankly nor am I interested. Don’t confuse me with other posters, buddy.
Addition of HMD and AESA and most likely one ot two more hard points plus PL 15 are big big changes. Engine if new is also a big change

It looks like Block 3 is only a minor iteration with the following enhancements:

1. Updated HUD is obvious.
2. Updated MAWS is obvious.
3. The engine has changed. The obvious giveaway is the dark yellow primer on the engine housing and the chute housing. The exposed metallic cover around the aft section has a dulled color. The old, bright metallic cover would have been a better conductor of heat. Possibly, this section is now covered with thermal insulation, and the new protrusion at the front of the tail section allows more air for cooling. Finally, assuming the pic below shows the aircraft taking off, then it is unusual that the afterburner is not engaged.

upload_2019-12-29_1-59-6.png

The aircraft seems to be on dry thrust (compare with the picture of older aircraft taking off). Secondly, a constricted nozzle is used to attain a higher thrust. Block 3 seems to have an open nozzle and no afterburner during take off. This could be wrong analysis, and the aircraft might be landing, but the next picture in dafengcao's twitter post shows the aircraft facing the opposite direction, with the engine still releasing an exhaust plume, and the chute cover is open. So I will hazard a guess that the engine has a much higher power rating in Block 3. High enough, that the trailing flaps are lowered to reduce lift generated. To be honest it sounds unlikely, but the alternative is that the aircraft landed, then performed an about face, and paraded in front of the audience under its own power. Seems unlikely as well.

Given that the B model has been versioned 19-60x, it is likely that 20-30x will have the above enhancements, plus the drop in replacement LKF601E. Also, given what @messiach has already said about different variants of thunder, possibly there will be 40x and 50x soon. One of them should be air superiority with the KLJ-7A AESA radar, and a ground strike version with delta wings. Of course, this is pure speculation on my part.

In any case, it is my humble prayer that May Allah the Almighty Guide us towards the right path, and make JF-17 a source of strength for Islam and Muslims in the whole world. Aameen.

About Radar that will be placed in Block 3 i have come to conclusion that it will KLJ7A with Hydraulic AESA like CAPTOR why? if you see the AOA indicator have not been moved if KLJ7 with 3 fixed antenna were chosen they are in the way....

so KLJ7A with Hydraulic AESA Antenna...is my guess.
Well KLJ7A did come out long ago. Some members were saying radar is 'in-house'

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom