What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Thanks.

Why is @Pakistan Space Agency guy banned in all Jf-17 related threads, is serial counting off limits? That's literally all he did.

The ban applies for an overall barring from the Forum. Thread ban is a different thing and doesn't turns a member pink. Banned, not for serial counting but for some other violation.

I finally got watch the full program. Regarding the serials, as off 2nd Sep:

3P10 and 3P09 are in sub-assembly (fwd fuselage taking shape. Notice in 2nd pic the "cockpit walls" are almost 20 cm thick - an A4 page is resting on them - this lends further credence to the fuel tank theory since its more than the critique of them being only a couple of cms thick):

View attachment 777860

(cockpit in inverted position visible in the far side of picture, the A4 sheet rests where the popular pipes will later be installed, 5 brownie points if you can spot the additional hardpoint):
View attachment 777861

(3P09 in foreground and 3P10 in background)
View attachment 777862

(3P09 wings, also labelled as 7th aircraft - implying 2 prototypes/ examples were built in China - this serial convention is similar to that observed with Bs)
View attachment 777865

3P07 and 3P08 fuselage sections not seen in any shot.

3P07 wing jiggs:
View attachment 777868

3P05 and 3P06 most likely (mid fuselage section visible on the rightside likely goes with 3P09 almost complete front section):
View attachment 777869

3P03 and 3P04 are in final assembly:

View attachment 777859
@Pakistan Space Agency

Looks like we are on schedule to have a good many ready by year end, maybe even the 12 originally planned for this year i.e. upto 3P014
So that's two prototype and 8x at PAC Kamra. All 10x accounted for?
Great detective work.

Great work guys can where is the HD version of the video ?

also I am correct in saying no Block 3 was fully constructed and built with grey camo in the video yet ?

was there any Block 3 fully completed in yellow primer ?

the one I watched was too low resolution

The ban applies for an overall barring from the Forum. Thread ban is a different thing and doesn't turns a member pink. Banned, not for serial counting but for some other violation.

After the ban he can still come back?

3P10 and 3P09 are in sub-assembly (fwd fuselage taking shape. Notice in 2nd pic the "cockpit walls" are almost 20 cm thick - an A4 page is resting on them - this lends further credence to the fuel tank theory since its more than the critique of them being only a couple of cms thick):

Those are not the walls of the cockpit, they are the skeleton for the underside of the cockpit. The paper is lying on the 'left' side of the aircraft when it is the right way up. So on the other side from where the paper is lying, is the area where our famous pipe bends inwards.

View attachment 777860

(cockpit in inverted position visible in the far side of picture, the A4 sheet rests where the popular pipes will later be installed, 5 brownie points if you can spot the additional hardpoint):
View attachment 777861

(3P09 in foreground and 3P10 in background)
View attachment 777862

(3P09 wings, also labelled as 7th aircraft - implying 2 prototypes/ examples were built in China - this serial convention is similar to that observed with Bs)
View attachment 777865

3P07 and 3P08 fuselage sections not seen in any shot.

3P07 wing jiggs:
View attachment 777868

3P05 and 3P06 most likely (mid fuselage section visible on the rightside likely goes with 3P09 almost complete front section):
View attachment 777869

3P03 and 3P04 are in final assembly:

View attachment 777859
@Pakistan Space Agency

Looks like we are on schedule to have a good many ready by year end, maybe even the 12 originally planned for this year i.e. upto 3P014
can you please post the link to the full documentary?

Great detective work.
Yup, we've seen pictures of 2 prototypes, and now we've seen 8 fuselages at PAC.

Those are not the walls of the cockpit, they are the skeleton for the underside of the cockpit. The paper is lying on the 'left' side of the aircraft when it is the right way up. So on the other side from where the paper is lying, is the area where our famous pipe bends inwards.

Yes agreed on all points.

Those are not the walls of the cockpit, they are the skeleton for the underside of the cockpit.
Point being when you turn it over and put the skin, the gap between the skin and inside skin of the cockpit will be equal to that beem on which the paper rests.

The paper is lying on the 'left' side of the aircraft when it is the right way up.
Roger.

So on the other side from where the paper is lying, is the area where our famous pipe bends inwards.
Correct. someone also pointed to connection points to which yet to be installed pipes could go on the 'left' side, I am going along with this assumption.
Great detective work.
can you please post the link to the full documentary?
Please see the link here:

wondering how difficult and expensive it is to add to older blocks via mod ?
Good question.

@messiach @JamD @airomerix please look at this picture, how difficult would it be to add a hardpoint to the intake ribs for light loads, like the below to older blocks? Do you think the whole aircraft will have to be disassembled or is it something that can be done in final assembly like the upgradation of Bs with AESA? Thanks.

1631649244771.png

P.S to me it looks impossible to upgrade current Blk 1 and 2s to include the additional hardpoint as it has been done here. Reason: Notice, unlike the other ribs that are separate pieces this final rib is one contiguous piece for both sides, like a knuckleduster for 3 fingers. And before someone says, just drill two holes into it, also notice, the final rib on both sides are not the same, the one with the hardpoint has additional metal pieces running in it, probably to strengthen it.

Last edited:
Good question.

@messiach @JamD @airomerix please look at this picture, how difficult would it be to add a hardpoint to the intake ribs for light loads, like the below to older blocks? Do you think the whole aircraft will have to be disassembled or is it something that can be done in final assembly like the upgradation of Bs with AESA? Thanks.

View attachment 777910

P.S to me it looks impossible to upgrade current Blk 1 and 2s to include the additional hardpoint as it has been done here. Reason: Notice, unlike the other ribs that are separate pieces this final rib is one contiguous piece for both sides, like a knuckleduster for 3 fingers. And before someone says, just drill two holes into it, also notice, the final rib on both sides are not the same, the one with the hardpoint has additional metal pieces running in it, probably to strengthen it.

block 5 and 10 for f-16 got chin hardpoints afterwards which were introduced in block 15 onwards

will require store mgtm system and associated cabling etc upgrade as well

Looking at those pictures - it is a real shame that Pakistan refuses to try and make more of the JF17 in Pakistan - in particular the rear fuselage of the plane, which is currently imported from China.

Hi there,
I have stopped actually participating and gone towards more observing and learning since I don't have the technical depth, considering discussion and participants level of expertise and knowledge. Although almost all of your points are fair, but why do you feel the need to be disrespectful? Could you not just reach out in private or even better point out something that is very visible for all to see?

I know this message is not relevant to discussion at hand. So I won't mind if mods delete it.
Well for starters I commend you on your quest for knowledge. Not everyone starts this as an expert but some can learn through osmosis. HOWEVER the member in question for some reason has become very condescending in his posts to others( He wasn't as bad when he first showed up on this forum) . It has become a pattern that needed to be broken with a sharp harsh rebuke. In private sometimes does not achieve the same result. It is a necessary evil and should have been done by the mods frankly.

Well for starters I commend you on your quest for knowledge. Not everyone starts this as an expert but some can learn through osmosis. HOWEVER the member in question for some reason has become very condescending in his posts to others( He wasn't as bad when he first showed up on this forum) . It has become a pattern that needed to be broken with a sharp harsh rebuke. In private sometimes does not achieve the same result. It is a necessary evil and should have been done by the mods frankly.

Hi @Keysersoze

I don't think you remember me but I joined this forum briefly in 2007-2008 with another nickname which I forgot but if my memory serves me correct weren't you also a Mod at one point and ex-British Military? I could be confusing you with someone else.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom