What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

How long they've had SU-30MKI and what has it done for them?
We are cursed and blessed with an incompetent neighbor and cursed with a snake like neighbor.

I'm positive PAF is working on tactics while BLK 3 was in development all air forces run scanerios.

Well the reason behind impotency of Su-30 MKI is that its a failed attempt to make cocktail.Coming back to Blk-3, the machine learns from operator's behavior & choices under different scenarios, for that the interaction is must.Limits & real capabilities of a machine is another time taking thing.It can't happen without flying the aircraft.
IAF has her hands full right now.They have got a capable aircraft for which they neither have the capacity nor the system to support( compatiblility with other platforms).They have sort of a mixplate.

What about J-10CEs?

Well the reason behind impotency of Su-30 MKI is that its a failed attempt to make cocktail.Coming back to Blk-3, the machine learns from operator's behavior & choices under different scenarios, for that the interaction is must.Limits & real capabilities of a machine is another time taking thing.It can't happen without flying the aircraft.
IAF has her hands full right now.They have got a capable aircraft for which they neither have the capacity nor the system to support( compatiblility with other platforms).They have sort of a mixplate.

What about J-10CEs?

Essentially a bigger version of block 3 developed as a testbed for testing fifth gen tech of j20

The below image appears in the article posted in another thread by @Akh1112 .
Here https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/expo...tweight-fighter-aircraft.141375/post-13151652

The Caption on the photo says "First Prototype of the Block 3 of the JF-17 in flight".

View attachment 748225

This is the first time I have seen this picture showing a good front & top view of the block-3. Do the intakes and lerx look a little bigger to anyone?...or not??

Also, is the picture real and is it really first prototype of block-3? (I can't see the small intake on the tail fin but perhaps that's due to the angle of the pic?)

@Dazzler @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

No, thats a fake photo, i just couldnt be bothered to correct the author lol. Its a DCS screenie.

Yep. I'd say UK is actually second-place (worldwide) in terms of aerospace technology, they just can't deliver due to the lack of economies-of-scale. So a lot of their work drives joint-ventures and consortiums. France is the second place to me only because they can sustain stuff on their own, for now...

This is one reason why the PAF should try to go for the Turkish Hurjet for its Advanced Jet trainer; access to the EJ-200 engine in an intricate manner. Couple this with a dedicated effort to license build the RD-93MA or WS-13/19, and we would achieve a self sufficiency in complete aircraft production, which would be a paradigm shift, especially in more efficient lower cost cruise missiles and drones with long range or smaller weapons with smaller but highly efficient engines for a number of autonomous weapons or drones.

Gas turbines, crystal blades, power management, cooling, cabling, computerized system management, fuel management, etc. I'm sure there are people in Pakistan who can start working on it, but we need a solid 10-15 years of investment before we see a demonstrator (much less a serviceable product). There's nothing wrong with that, but we should've started this back in 1979, 1989, or even 1999.

Everything is possible but the problems is the corrupt system and extreme mismanagement by not only Civilians but also the Military leadership. There is NO SHORTAGE of funds. Let me give you a simple example, the amount of Gold ordinary people of Pakistan hold is worth anywhere between US $400 to 800 Billion ! So all I am saying is that the leadership, which definitely includes the Military Leadership, only look at how they can make quick money, and which country they want to migrate and live a good life. THAT ALL THEY CARE FOR.

This is one reason why the PAF should try to go for the Turkish Hurjet for its Advanced Jet trainer; access to the EJ-200 engine in an intricate manner. Couple this with a dedicated effort to license build the RD-93MA or WS-13/19, and we would achieve a self sufficiency in complete aircraft production, which would be a paradigm shift, especially in more efficient lower cost cruise missiles and drones with long range or smaller weapons with smaller but highly efficient engines for a number of autonomous weapons or drones.
What Pakistan needs is to coproduce ideally start off with smaller projects.
please look at Turkey how they have gone on to build their own engine.

Everything is possible but the problems is the corrupt system and extreme mismanagement by not only Civilians but also the Military leadership. There is NO SHORTAGE of funds. Let me give you a simple example, the amount of Gold ordinary people of Pakistan hold is worth anywhere between US $400 to 800 Billion ! So all I am saying is that the leadership, which definitely includes the Military Leadership, only look at how they can make quick money, and which country they want to migrate and live a good life. THAT ALL THEY CARE FOR.
bro where did you get this gold figure? any source?

What Pakistan needs is to coproduce ideally start off with smaller projects.
please look at Turkey how they have gone on to build their own engine.
Because PAC will compete directly with EU projects if we get EJ series, I suspect it would be discouraged. Interestingly even Gripen has gone the US way rather than the EJ200 series. One wonders why? Possibly different timelines. Unless we can build Helos with a common framework we will not have enough requirement for a dedicated Helo engine. With max 24 engines is it enough to develop an engine manufacturing plant? I suspect as a joint venture we can have a consortium which can utilize the engine for 2-3 different platforms/ fulfill the need of 2-3 countries with one platform would be feasible. Turkey is a natural ally in this sphere. I do not know to what extent the Chinese will allow us access to engine tech so Turkey is a more likely candidate.
A

bro where did you get this gold figure? any source?

Simple calculation - the assumption is that out of 250 million people in Pakistan, 100 million people possess 62-grams on average (lower average) of gold in the form of jewelry. But the fact is that in my estimation people on average actually hold much more than 60-grams of Gold. In my estimation is is closer to 150-gram on average.

Because PAC will compete directly with EU projects if we get EJ series, I suspect it would be discouraged. Interestingly even Gripen has gone the US way rather than the EJ200 series. One wonders why? Possibly different timelines. Unless we can build Helos with a common framework we will not have enough requirement for a dedicated Helo engine. With max 24 engines is it enough to develop an engine manufacturing plant? I suspect as a joint venture we can have a consortium which can utilize the engine for 2-3 different platforms/ fulfill the need of 2-3 countries with one platform would be feasible. Turkey is a natural ally in this sphere. I do not know to what extent the Chinese will allow us access to engine tech so Turkey is a more likely candidate.
A
Aircraft are designed classically around engine hence engine manufacturers have a larger say hence they tend to force their products and have the last say. Please see how Airbus had problem selling A340 aircraft.

Gripen only relied on an US engine as that was licensed produced locally. Even the Turkish F-16 engine is licensed and produced in Turkey. This is one of the reason both HurJet and TFX prototypes will be powered by them.

The reason why I shared the video was not to work on Helos engines alone but to find ways to produce complex technologies like advance alloys and the use of 3D printing. This can be useful not only in get turbine but other structures. Turkey had to do this for the first time Pakistan also need to take the first step.

Hope we all understand that complex projects take time and patience. If we design an engine then it would run for 50 years not 5 or 10 years.

A

There is no chance PAC would compete with the Euros. Weapons buys arent all about capabilities, political backing and will is a very big factor, Pakistan isnt a major global player where people have to buy its influence. Alongside that, the Euros can offer credit, Pak cant, this is another reason Pakistan will struggle to be competitive for large orders globally.

CAC's newly-built J-10C equipped with a new HUD similar to that of JF-17 BLK III
1(1).jpg
微信图片_20210611202643.png

Via @航空工业 from Weixin

Back
Top Bottom