What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

IMG_5811.JPG

[emoji23]

That is not the way to look at it.

Rolls Royce can produce a military turbofan on the same level as GE and P&W if there is a requirement for it. It has not done so as it was never asked to do it.

As for heavy class, well RR makes some of the most powerful civilian turbofans and that, combined with the knowledge from EJ-2000 and their 40% share in the development of the back-up F-35 engine, that they jointly developed with GE is sufficient for them to develop a 6th gen engine comparable to what GE is doing for the US.

Remember that GE did not make the 5th gen jet engines for either F-22 or F-35 and its experience is limited to its 60% input in the development of the F-35 backup engine and its huge civilian turbofans and so that is not really any better than RR has.

When the plans for Turkey working with Rolls Royce were initially revealed, there was a clip in which Western commentators were laughing about the selection of Rolls Royce.

When the plans for Turkey working with Rolls Royce were initially revealed, there was a clip in which Western commentators were laughing about the selection of Rolls Royce.

Anyone who underestimates the capabilities of Rolls Royce to make the engine for the Tempest, is smoking cheap crack - that is all i can say.

Rolls Royce is the 2nd largest manufacturer of turbofans in the world .....

Anyone who underestimates the capabilities of Rolls Royce to make the engine for the Tempest, is smoking cheap crack - that is all i can say.

Rolls Royce is the 2nd largest manufacturer of turbofans in the world .....

I am simply telling you what I heard. But can you back your claim regarding 'Rolls Royce being the 2nd largest manufacturer of turbofans in the world' with a source? Also, just so I don't miscommunicate, they were laughing exactly because Rolls Royce does not have any prior experience in making the kind of large engine which Turkey is interested in.

I think we will have to wait for the 7 Sep 2021 for a few shows at PAC to get more insight. Lately, PAF has gone v quiet about their projects and developmental status, particularly Post Op SR.

When is this block 3 coming in public view? I am tired of waiting lol! Towards the end of 2020 Block 3 went into production. It has been 6 months since. I am sure some units are ready by now and being flown, but why there are no pics? 😋 what's so secretive about them that PAF is safeguarding it so much? lol...

Right. So 'turbofan' is used in fighter jets, and in commercial airliners. The two are entirely different beasts, with the former having a low-bypass ratio, and the latter having a high-bypass ratio. Which is why they were laughing because Rolls Royce does not have experience with low-bypass, high thrust military jet engines.

Sigh - I dont undersrand why you have to be spoon fed this :

The Eurojet EJ200 is a military low-bypass turbofan used as the powerplant of the Eurofighter Typhoon. The engine is largely based on the Rolls-Royce XG-40 technology demonstrator, which was developed in the 1980s. The EJ200 is built by the EuroJet Turbo GmbH consortium. The EJ200 is also used in the Bloodhound LSR supersonic land speed record attempting car.

The whole of the DAMN Eurofighter , both the airframe and engine is based on BRITISH TECHNOLOGY ........ BRITISH TECHNOLOGY ........ BRITISH TECHNOLOGY ........ BRITISH TECHNOLOGY ........ BRITISH TECHNOLOGY ........ BRITISH TECHNOLOGY ........

ie the EAP programme : https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/europe/eurofighter-eap.htm

That is why BAe and Rolls Royce can pull of the Tempest programme on their own - ONLY issue is money and the cost of the programme - not the technology.

Sigh ...

Excellent video - shame there is no HD version of it anywhere on the internet - they are all low quality versions.

Last edited:
When is this block 3 coming in public view? I am tired of waiting lol! Towards the end of 2020 Block 3 went into production. It has been 6 months since. I am sure some units are ready by now and being flown, but why there are no pics? 😋 what's so secretive about them that PAF is safeguarding it so much? lol...
I was blocked for 1 month from this thread when i posted two years ago that this mahaa jet would not appear to public until 2022 ..one year remaining and my guess was absolutely right :lol:

Listen up you stupid upstart. Instead of trying to spoon feed your superiors, learn to actually read what is written. I said Rolls Royce doesn't have experience with low-bypass, high thrust engines of the type Turkey is looking for. The Eurojet is not a high thrust engine. Now stop diverting this discussion which is about JF-17 Block 3.

Listen up to your intellectual superiors... again.. you are quite obviously incapable of intellectual thought, reason or logic to interpret what seems like complex information to you and derive anything useful from it. So - we are all forced to spoon feed it to you and you should not get too upset about it, but take the opportunity to learn from it.

Rolls Royce has the infrastructure, experience and intellectual capital to build any type of engine it wants, or needs to as part of its commercial operations. Any type - regardless of historical experience. Low/Medium/High .... call it what you want ... Rolls Royce can build it. Why is this difficult for you to understand? Look at the pedigree of the organisation in this space.

The deal for the TFX fell apart because Turkey and Rolls Royce could not come to an agreement on the ownership of the intellectual property rights of the programme and the technology.

You are only superior to others in your own mind and that is where the superiority ends ....

If the world was left to people like you, you would still be arguing the square wheel was the ultimate embodiment of human intellectual capability and there was nothing new left to learn or do because "no one else has done it before". Thankfully, we put people like you in the corner and leave you to your own devices.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom