What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

All the more reason to expect a Block IV - with RD-93 MA and some other upgrades that may be mustered by 2024.

Who will start a "JF-17 Block IV Updates, News, & Discussions" thread?

Which engine did it use?

Block-3 engine could have improvements over block-1/2, but is it really MA?

@Dazzler : Yes
@kursed : No

What do you say?
We dont know..but timeline is tight..

If it doesnt come to current block3 then I think russia didnt start work on it earlier and just dragged their feet till something else was offered and came back to offer it(or PAF didnt ask for it untill very recently)

Hard to believe russians wont be able to develop rd93ma in 6-7 yrs(since 2014) especially since its based on rd33MK developed in 2002 and isnt much a redesign

All the more reason to expect a Block IV - with RD-93 MA and some other upgrades that may be mustered by 2024.

Who will start a "JF-17 Block IV Updates, News, & Discussions" thread?
Could that be a reason why blk 3 order has been limited to ~30 for now? I remember a while back you had something to share about potential engine upgrades rd93ma/ws13 - is it possible to share now?

If the IRST is to be podded, have we seen which IRST will be used. Or has the decision been made to have the IRST affixed on the nose?

Leonardo’s IRSTs would probably be the best option if we can get it on the JF-17. They are the makers of the Pirate IRST for the Eurofighter or the Skyward IRST for the Gripen (their specific Skyward-G IRST can reportedly track 200 targets out to a range of 90-100 km). I think the new Korean fighter; the KF-21 also features an IRST from Leonardo.

Last edited:
IMG_4752.JPG

Helmet 🪖 mounted display ?

Back
Top Bottom