What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

About JF-17 Block III, the key question is about engine. It remains unanswered.

If it is not RD-93MA, then it is RD-93 & a question would arise if it has enough power (dry thrust) to run all the avionics, including power-hungry radar.

There are other questions too, but IMV this is the most obvious one. I suppose we will have to wait a few months yet atleast.

the power produced by a turbo engine is an order of magnitudes times higher than the total amount of electrical energy a fighter aircraft requires

as such there should be no issue between engine power and the electrical power needed to power a ASEA radar

Sir what about the extra hardpoint for targeting pod/ aselpod?
Confirmed before
the power produced by a turbo engine is an order of magnitudes times higher than the total amount of electrical energy a fighter aircraft requires

as such there should be no issue between engine power and the electrical power needed to power a ASEA radar
Not enitrely as simple as that

There is separate generator attached to shaft of the turbofan engine..that needs to be increased and is a common challenge in fifth gen engines to increase power output without increasing weight/moving parts
Screenshot_20201230-165454_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201230-165454_Chrome.jpg

Intersting image of 4x2 missle combination

IMHO, On the top right is the grey JF-17, which is clearly "Bravo", as it is moving out suggesting completion of its production run.

In the bottom left that golden aircraft is supposed to be Block III, which is moving in the picture suggesting commencement of its production. It might be the optical illusion but it feels like dual engine aircraft with wide air intake.

View attachment 701447

In the picture there is space between different parts like wings , fuselage sections.... nothing else. Bring them together and its the same airframe.

@Riz @The Eagle

If the production of previous blocks including B is complete, does that mean Block-I stays Block-I and they are not upgraded to Block-II as it was previously thought?

We had learned that Block-II will be the baseline fighters for JF-17A and JF-17B models. What's your understanding?

@Riz @The Eagle

If the production of previous blocks including B is complete, does that mean Block-I stays Block-I and they are not upgraded to Block-II as it was previously thought?

We had learned that Block-II will be the baseline fighters for JF-17A and JF-17B models. What's your understanding?
I think 1&2 will upgrade to 3 with AESA and PL15

Well the block 3 shown in the picture is the same as 3000 that flown earlier this year. It seems a bit different because it is shown in parts i.e. Nose, Fuselage, wings and horizontal stabalizers are seperate. I am sure there aren't any CFTs on this.

@Riz @The Eagle

I don't think block 1 or 2 can be upgradeable to BLK3 standard, because it has complete different body structure
@araz @HRK

Back
Top Bottom