What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

So PAF today finally accepted delay in Blk 3. As news channels are showing that first blk 3 will be rolled out in 2022. Previously 12 blk 3 were expected by end of 2021.

EqfyzL2XAAEpgI-.jpg

Maybe no new engine for BLK III.

About JF-17 Block III, the key question is about engine. It remains unanswered.

If it is not RD-93MA, then it is RD-93 & a question would arise if it has enough power (dry thrust) to run all the avionics, including power-hungry radar.

There are other questions too, but IMV this is the most obvious one. I suppose we will have to wait a few months yet atleast.

So PAF today finally accepted delay in Blk 3. As news channels are showing that first blk 3 will be rolled out in 2022. Previously 12 blk 3 were expected by end of 2021.

Those news channels must have misunderstood the words operationalized/inducted and produced/rolled out of PAC Kamra. It may take 2 years to operationalize the bird with active squadron but speaking of production; I don't think that it will take such a time of 2 years to roll out. I don't see PAF allegedly accepting something which didn't happen.

I think chief was talking about induction date of blk3 in 2022, just like we saw JF-17B year ago and today we inducted them.????

If it is not RD-93MA, then it is RD-93 & a question would arise if it has enough power (dry thrust) to run all the avionics, including power-hungry radar.

There are other questions too, but IMV this is the most obvious one. I suppose we will have to wait a few months yet atleast.
Its RD-93MA & its confirmed news sir

Million dollar question
Rd93 or rd93Ma
I think chief was talking about induction date of blk3 in 2022, just like we saw JF-17B year ago and today we inducted them.????

Its RD-93MA & its confirmed news sir
Where who confirmed it??

nope PAC had already declared their plan to produced 2 blk-iii in 2020 but 12 per year form 2021 till 2024, so due to the COVID-19 it start blk-iii at end of Dec-2020 rather at beginning of Dec-2020, therefor this should not be termed as delay IF we keep the COVID-19 situation in mind
And why is that?
its obvious without completing at least 14-16 air frames PAC would not held any official ceremony

Last edited:

Sir what about the extra hardpoint for targeting pod/ aselpod?

Back
Top Bottom