What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Deino, why r u wasting ur energy, better put it somewhere useful for us.

For other members, plz get back to the topic and all members show respect to each other.

Plz get back to topic.

As Salam O Alaikum Sir Jee!
Kidher thay aap ? Ankain taras gayen aap ki post daikhnay ko.
Sir Bakhuda miss you a lot.
Love to see you back :smitten:

Please report post rather than responding. It causes admin difficulties in determining who should be reprimanded if both parties are mudslinging.
The issue of US engines is one of sanctions which will forever hang on our head . What we should be looking at is progressively move over to minor parts manufacturing to full indigenous engine provision for our fighters. This may need collaboration from like minded countries like Turkey/ Ukraine/ China to name a few.

Hi Bilal
While I don't have any disagreement with your post but buying off the shelf will increasingly become a liability as IAF is finding out after having procured 36 Rafales for 7-8 billions. So to me the better thing is to have a robust economy based on agriculture as well as industrial output and a lot of dual purpose industrial setup which will then give money from the commercial side while it is reinvested in the defence side.
A

Brilliant! made my day. Big power houses mostly US are now actively killing off competition. So it is alright to produce a fighter for indigenous use because you are still buying from them, but not OK to sell it on for making money except in case of your loved ones (you can fill in the blanks here). Turkey and T129 is a very good example. I would love to see the day when Turkey breaks those shackles but am vary that a lot of harm will be done before they do. My best wishes to my Turk brothers
A
There is no chance Pakistan can indegenesly produce a turbofan engine for fighter AC or Turboshaft for fixed rotor AC. These engines are the apex of materials and metallurgical engineering which I dont know Pakistan has any expertise. Best to JV with TAI subsidiary TEI for engine development. With 10 years of extensive local R&D in materials sciences, Pakistan may be able become a partner in providing some meaningful participation. No engine manufacturer shares secrets of alloy composition.

There is no chance Pakistan can indegenesly produce a turbofan engine for fighter AC or Turboshaft for fixed rotor AC. These engines are the apex of materials and metallurgical engineering which I dont know Pakistan has any expertise. Best to JV with TAI subsidiary TEI for engine development. With 10 years of extensive local R&D in materials sciences, Pakistan may be able become a partner in providing some meaningful participation. No engine manufacturer shares secrets of alloy composition.
If you read my post again I have alluded to the same. Not only can Pakistan currently not produce a jet engine, given the economy of scales involved it is probably better to enter into joint ventures to produce an engine to be used in multiple products.
A

Last edited:
Yes producing top of the line jet engine is indeed right at the pinnacle of engineering. An engine that can enable the jet to have super cruise and has very high thrust to weight ratio is indeed beyond the engineering capabilities of Pakistan and majority of the countries of the world.

That being said the technology behind jet engines isn't new nor is the theory behind it some outworldly magic science. The Germans made the jet engine back in 1945. I did my undergrad in mechanical and we were taught at the theoratical level every single aspect of it.

To produce a rudimentary engine as a proof of concept shouldn't be beyond the capacity of Pakistani engineers (not saying that engine would be good enough to put in a jet). It would however require time and human capital with plenty of funding. This we don't have. Once the initial proof of concept is made it can be incrementally improved

There are dozens of YouTube videos of people making basic functioning jet engines in their backyards or garages.

If you read my post again I have alluded to the same. Not only can Pakistan currently not produce a jet engine, given the economy of scales involved it is probably better to enter into joint ventures to produce an engine to be used in multiple products.
A
You did, Sir. And I commend you. The point I want to make, Pakistan has no such capability because of pathetic state of R&D in universities and engineering institutions.
Yes, JV is must, and JV with TEI which is a subsidiary of TAI could be promising. Only PAC Kamra has some verticle know how but not much horizontal R&D in the country. Military leadership should look into that as civil systems are mostly broken.

Hi any one have anything or any updates related to the current jet
Will be appreciated
Thank you

on another note the JF17B Block II was suppose to be ASEA !?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom