What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

3 more differences I can see or may be its just me.

Different Engine Inlet.
One inlet on the root of vertical tail section.
The nose cone is bigger while censor tube moved back closed to canopy in 3000 as compare to block two.
A MAW on engine inlet/DSI?
A more broader/wide/enlarged inlet to accommodate new hard point... the space is visible and can be seen.

First of all it must be reminded, that both aircraft are not exactly at the same angle and as such not really comparable.

I actually see neither a change on the intake nor a larger radome ... but a wider spine

JF-17 Block 3 vs regular.jpg

First of all it must be reminded, that both aircraft are not exactly at the same angle and as such not really comparable.

I actually see neither a change on the intake nor a larger radome ... but a wider spine

Dear Deino! I didn't compare the height or length of A/C knowing that both pictures are not from same angle and distance. I was highlighting the visible differences. Intake shape is changed that I see and so the censor tube on nose that is close to cockpit as compare to Block-II. Spine is already raised. It's me that can see a different intake and I can be wrong unless, there are more pictures.

Dear Deino! I didn't compare the height or length of A/C knowing that both pictures are not from same angle and distance. I was highlighting the visible differences. Intake shape is changed that I see and so the censor tube on nose that is close to cockpit as compare to Block-II. Spine is already raised. It's me that can see a different intake and I can be wrong unless, there are more pictures.

The manifold of the inlet surface remains the same. The intake has been sliced earlier on the same manifold. If you take the block 2 inlet surface and cut it slightly earlier than the actual intake, you get block 3. Due to the way the surface curves, this results in more air going into the intake. Which suggests some kind of tweaking in the engine.

No point in discussing the same thing again and again until new content.

I am Bezaar now, nothing new, Parade cancelled, No AirShow of Bravo or flypast of Block 3. Getting pissed...

Look closely at the landing gear ... it is lack of drop tanks on Block III which is creating that impression. I believe Raad will be carried under wings not under central fuselage.
Yes, like it was displayed on an infrgraphic by PAFWALLPAPERS some years ago, one RAAD for each wing

No point in discussing the same thing again and again until new content.

I am Bezaar now, nothing new, Parade cancelled, No AirShow of Bravo or flypast of Block 3. Getting pissed...

Here, I had to refresh the topic since, there are no more pictures.

View attachment 613692
Look at the wing merging into the inlet, there is a shift - the o ring has moved which means as you note, there is a change in the spine, but also some change within the inlet as well.

I read that a pakistani JF17 shoot down IAF fighter during the last tensions between Pakistan and India, it is possible to know which missile was used to down the IAF fighter ? PL-12 ?
Thanks brothers

Finally, a good height able thunder to carry Ra'ad alcm

I don't think ... a higher geared Thunder would require taller legs, which would require ... aka a redesign and all these TWO images known so far give not the slightest hind towards this. IMO again wishful thinking.

I read that a pakistani JF17 shoot down IAF fighter during the last tensions between Pakistan and India, it is possible to know which missile was used to down the IAF fighter ? PL-12 ?
Thanks brothers
no JF-17 was used to bomb Indian Army Installations in Indian Occupied Kashmir other then this JF-17 successfully achieved Radarlocks against upgraded Mirage 2000 [roughly equivalent to -5 Mirages] while denied their Radarlocks

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom