What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

So all orders of Maymar and Nigeria are being fullfilled by only PAC?

Front fuselage is being manufactured by CAC.

You can roughly say, 66% at PAC (Wings, rudders, main fuselage, landing gears, complete assembly, 40% avionics, 70% hydraulics)

This goes for the entire PAF fleet as well. We distanced ourselves from Mymaar due to ongoing genocide. But we still did the work and got our due share of the money.

Pardon my thread derailing post just like everyone else, but, is it true that if required, Our production can cross 20 per year ?

It can and It cannot. Depends on whether PAC expands to Sindh (as per initial plan) and shifts the Mushak and some of the MRO facility there. Making room for additional facilities. Kamra is already cramped. Surrounded by communities. Which means unsafe.

And yar, why no first flight video yet ? What is so secret of just a flight test video, when it eventually will fly very soon in front of the world

I wish the guys at AHQ were as enthusiastic as we are. But this is what we have to make peace with - Secrecy.

It is definitely done. We do see increasing flights to Egypt by C-130's. I'm not aware of the cargo yet. But something is going on.

Also, PAF is looking to increase its squadron strength. Hence Mirage 5's are here to stay for atleast 10 more years.
Since you don't know about the cargo then why are you speculating around about Mirages? Calm your horses down.
There is no delay. Block III's are being built at PAC as we speak.
Oh really?
Ofcourse it is.
Again?
I can assume from where these 'calculated speculations' are coming. But I will urge to avoid spreading around rumors on this forum. Many people got sensitive hearts here

We distanced ourselves from Mymaar due to ongoing genocide. But we still did the work and got our due share of the money.
WHAT?

Since you don't know about the cargo then why are you speculating around about Mirages? Calm your horses down.

Oh really?

Again?
I can assume from where these 'calculated speculations' are coming. But I will urge to avoid spreading around rumors on this forum. Many people got sensitive hearts here

WHAT?

Why dont we shut this forum down and follow ISPR press releases? Since you're so much into the disclosure of the complete information.

Also if my sources tell me something is going on then it is going on. Your sarcasm and validation is the last thing I look forward to.

The information you are trying to convey while acting as a "well informed insider guy'' are all incorrect.
I will urge you to avoid spreading misinformation in such a creamy language.
And either your "sources" are fooling you, or you are trying to fool yourself.

@HRK @Deino you got another one to deal with.

I've come across many like you before. Challenging without substance.

Putting you on mute. A medal you were looking for.

I'm sure i read the news that Block-3 will be operational by March-2020.
Who knows, it might participate in Pakistan day parade while Bravo may lead the flypast.

76786421_2433989076918859_3433568861272670208_n.jpg

Who knows, it might participate in Pakistan day parade while Bravo may lead the flypast.

Ok, let’s go on a full-on imagination, Fanboy drooling mode, Imagine, 23rd March parade

“Aur Ab khawateen o hazrat, Fakhr-e-Pakistan, Pak Cheen ka Mushtarika Tameer karda JF-17 Thunder Block 3 Tayyara jo ke JF-17 ka jadeed tareen Block hai, Salami ke chabootray ke janib barh raha hai”

*New Paint scheme*
*Engine roars*

*Block 3 Roars and performs over parade venue, Most of us go orgasmic :-)*

We all are enjoying when suddenly a retarded cameraman f*cks up the camera angles and zoom and focuses on PRESIDENT and guests...

Also, i pretty much believe that Bravo will give a show this time since they haven’t displayed publicly yet and it’s been some time since they have been flying.

Also Sq Ldr Hasan SE or Wng Cmdr Noman should definitely fly F-16 this time, dual message...

Front fuselage is being manufactured by CAC.

You can roughly say, 66% at PAC (Wings, rudders, main fuselage, landing gears, complete assembly, 40% avionics, 70% hydraulics)
The front fuselage is manufactured at PAC while the mid and the rear fuselage comes from CAC.....

Clearly explained in the following video by the officer at PAC..... (16.20 onwards)

The front fuselage is manufactured at PAC while the mid and the rear fuselage comes from CAC.....

Clearly explained in the following video by the officer at PAC..... (16.20 onwards)

Honestly, this is news to me. While I was there, not even a single facility had front fuselage being built.

Infact the following photo from 2016 shows front fuselage being loaded onto a Il-76 of PAF at Chengdu, China.

Maybe they have switched? Let's get to the bottom of this.

4388711.jpg

Honestly, this is news to me. While I was there, not even a single facility had front fuselage being built.

Infact the following photo from 2016 shows front fuselage being loaded onto a Il-76 of PAF at Chengdu, China.

Maybe they have switched? Let's get to the bottom of this.

View attachment 610681
Those are infact mid and rear sections.... All of it is in accordance to the work-share agreement....nothing changed...

The video is a couple of years old.... but a gold mine.....not only tells about the working of PAC....but also the direction we are heading into....
Couple of things to note..... The emphasis is on Indigenization....no more assembling but manufacturing everything from grounds up.....
Second....Although the equipment might not be state of the art but there is no comprise on quality....and the standards set are stringently achieved .....
Third....enough workforce have been trained ... both engineers and the hardworking technicians to undertake all the tasks themselves(keeping in view it was their first major endeavor)... you no more see their Chinese counterparts in any of the factories and workshops, as previously the setup was flooded with em'....and they have done a good job.....as is evident from the overall confidence of the workforce.....
All in all thing are moving in the right direction with good enough pace.... and If God willing things continue the same way..... the next 10 years without any disruption.... the establishment will turn into a major international player(albeit the pvt sector needs to get their act together....as well as govt also needs to encourage em....if it wants its aviation sector to grow)

37:36 “Bas isse agay nai jaen” :lol::lol:
This video program was transmitted on 7-9-2018.

More than a year has passed and PAF has now started production of Block 3 version of JF-17.

CAC should be approached for ToT of JF-17 mid and rear fuselage.

Mid and rear fuselage carry critical bulkheads.

Mid fuselage carry left and right wings.

Rear fuselage carry horizontal and vertical tail.

Manufacturing and assembling of these critical portion of the aircraft will be helpful for PAC engineers and technicians to gain rich experience in critical bulkhead manufacturing and assembling.

This video program was transmitted on 7-9-2018.

More than a year has passed and PAF has now started production of Block 3 version of JF-17.

CAC should be approached for ToT of JF-17 mid and rear fuselage.

Mid and rear fuselage carry critical bulkheads.

Mid fuselage carry left and right wings.

Rear fuselage carry horizontal and vertical tail.

Manufacturing and assembling of these critical portion of the aircraft will be helpful for PAC engineers and technicians to gain rich experience in critical bulkhead manufacturing and assembling.

The fact that PAC has not moved to full manufacture of the airframe is very dissappointing for sure. While there is a commercial contract in place, this is for each block and PAF should have moved to full airframe assembly in Pakistan by now through one of the blocks. I am not sure what/why there is indeed a holdup on this front.

The fact that PAC has not moved to full manufacture of the airframe is very dissappointing for sure. While there is a commercial contract in place, this is for each block and PAF should have moved to full airframe assembly in Pakistan by now. I am not sure what/why there is indeed a holdup on this front.
Please don’t speak until one knows what PAC might actually be busy in...
This is the only institute of Pakistan, which i think is free of major and even much of minor corruption, Moving forward at Alhamdullilah at a very fast pace. Don’t forget, to become a totally independent production institute, Heavy finances are required. That is what Aviation City is supposed to be in the very near future inshaAllah. Nothing to be disappointed on PAC for not being still able to manufacture everything by itself. This is a JV, Although yes, we do have the right to build the aircraft from 0 to 100 locally, but we have shared work with China to increase the pace of production.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom