What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

There is this one pea sized brain idiot who keeps whinning about v stabilizers and doesnt even try to understand. Its like explaining theory of relativity to a horse.

First most aircrafts with B version aircrafts were designed with intention to have a B version, for example the F16 A and B first flew within 1 year of each other. JF17 was initially never designed for a 2 seat variat.

Medium weight fighters are larger and the extra seat does not impact its balance much and can be adjusted with few internal weight balancing mechanisms, hence no need to change v stabalizers.
The drag/lift produced by a v stabilizer also impacts a light weight differently than it does medium weight.
Therefore when JF17B was intended (due to other customer requirements), its design needed to be rebalanced (because the original design was never intended for a dual seat variant). This not only includes changes in v stabalizer but also internal fuel cells.
Just because a design is varied for a B version it does not mean the design had flaws. My God some people here have an IQ below that of a monkey. Seriously how do these ppl live their lives?? But again jellyfish thrives without a brain so...

Words of a senior JF17 engineer. "Initially we had no plans for Thunder as we relyed on simulators for initial Pilot training, which was cost effective and also successful but the world still lives in old age. 3rd world countries wanted dual seater Thunder so we also got it for ourselves but its role might b more than just training for PAF. Time will tell abt it"

Block 2 and 3 were more than five years...

Yes, but you must remember Pakistan had to wait for the enemy to make up their decision in regards to what new platform they were going to induct. After the failure of the MRCA tender, they eventually selected off-the-shelf Rafale.

Had India dragged on the MRCA tender further, Pakistan would had been happy producing even more Block-2s, around 12 a year.

New Blocks will only be built If the enemy acquires some state of the art technology that isn't already present with the PAF. PAC is not going to willy-nilly produce new blocks just for the sake of it.

This is due to blurry/distorted pixel image. for me it is same as block 2. nothing changed. i am also for the same air inlets and same height as B2
nope check thk above post its from another angle same bend can be seen

To add more fuel to the fire of confusion that is Block III specifications, does the Block III contain 1 chin mount point, or 2 ( like the Gripen NG ). The J10C has a smiliar gun placement, but has 2 chin mount points ....

o_O ..
what do you think? I pointed this out before but some people have dismissed it as just bad artwork that is showing the centerline fuel tank as off to the side. I disagree. if you compare that device I pointed to with the green arrow, it looks nothing like the fuel tanks shown under the wings, not even remotely close. It looks like a pod, not a fuel tank...so I think the Block 3 WILL have AT LEAST one extra mount point under the right intake if not both intakes.
PicsArt_12-28-02.08.12.jpg

No jf-17 version will ever become a growler type. Not needed.
Bro, this is the ACTUAL present and the FUTURE of warfare. These AAMs will become mere physical catalysts but what matters are the electronics involved during air combat

Yes, but you must remember Pakistan had to wait for the enemy to make up their decision in regards to what new platform they were going to induct. After the failure of the MRCA tender, they eventually selected off-the-shelf Rafale.

Had India dragged on the MRCA tender further, Pakistan would had been happy producing even more Block-2s, around 12 a year.

New Blocks will only be built If the enemy acquires some state of the art technology that isn't already present with the PAF. PAC is not going to willy-nilly produce new blocks just for the sake of it.
I second that !!!
And i myself am satisfied with Block 3 and the timeframe

Not sure where those diagrams came from, but 11 hardpoints is the magic question, or 9 or 8.

Options are :
- 1 additional childmount hardpoint making a total of 8.
- 2 additional childmount hardpoints making a total of 9.
- 2 additional childmount hardpoints + 2 additional wing hardpoints making a total of 11.

11 would be interesting given that we dont know how much more thrust JF17 Block III has to play with.

Yes for sure since both aircraft are not in the same position; '3000' is clearly more facing to us, whereas the grey one is a better side-shot.
I try to explain this already for the Xth time ...

The shape of frontal surface in both is different, regardless of the angle.

Of course, when you have other better choices, just like that USAF's F-16 isn't equipped with CFT.

We have other dedicated assets for such roles.

Back
Top Bottom