What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Turkish ew is new news also 08 jf for Nigeria ? only 03 were confirmed ??
Azari deal in 2020 rumors 24 or so ????

Lastly Myanmar is expected to increase order to 24ish so additional 08 was also rumored in the forum ??

The biggest jump is link 16ish/17 which then does not matter what radar you carry someone else like Saab can guide your weapons even mirages today have link and no radar but they have full knowledge of threats around and can take defensive measure

Question, if we are getting Turkish EW systems for JF -- could it be possible the system would work well against Western Missile Systems and Radars, etc, since the Turkish is mostly Western equipment, they would be testing it against what they have and along with it against Russian based systems to counter them?

@waz @The Eagle

Can any senior moderator please step in and say a word?

Come on guys ... why again more and more speculations, why again bringing the project AZM, the Turkish TFX or the F-35 into this discussion and even more why again these wet-dreams "I wish the Block 3 will have XXX!"

Realy ... please stay on topic and if you have nothing to say, then it's not issue to post nothing at all.

Last edited:
Why some seniors getting frustration,
in absence of Information regarding JFT Block-III till march 2020 the speculation will be continue from the new members.

Brother
Can you please elaborate the "Code Sharing" in detail please and Technical explanation will be greatly appreciated.
I am really curious to understand it.
A link to any Research article will be blessings for me.

Source code to the product that Chinese OEM wouldn't share the language integration with any Western OEM and vice versa. Every equipment has to be attached through software as well and in mix of working together; all needs to get settled at one point to work together within an Air Craft. For that integration and communications; these products comes with its own code which is necessary to integrate with other in network centric environment which is like connecting every hardware to processor in a PC. Similarly, you need Hardware Driver so that can work with your current PC setup otherwise, the error remains. Hope that I have been helpful in this regard. Furthermore, I am not a Tech Guy in this field however, a thorough search with keywords can help/lead you to certain papers available online.

Come on Deino, how long you have been on PDF?

It's 24.9% conspiracies, 25% rumors, 25% speculations, 25% stupidity and 0.01% sane discussion.

@waz

Can any senior moderator please step in and say a word?

Come on guys ... why again more and more speculations, why again bringing the project AZM, the Turkish TFX or the F-35 into this discussion and even more why again these wet-dreams "I wish the Block 3 will have XXX!"

Realy ... please stay on topic and if you have nothing to say, then it's not issue to post nothing at all.

It's 24.9% conspiracies, 25% rumors, 25% speculations, 25% stupidity and 0.01% sane discussion.
While I cant disagree with you on the discussion percentage, I see a lone voice who does not have the right to delete posts and keep a section clean being made a moderator. I think this is a travesty and makes a mockery of being a moderator. If someone is a Moderator then give him all the rights .
A

While I cant disagree with you on the discussion percentage, I see a lone voice who does not have the right to delete posts and keep a section clean being made a moderator. I think this is a travesty and makes a mockery of being a moderator. If someone is a Moderator then give him all the rights .
A

Thanks and I beg for this since some time ... however maybe I'm too critical?!

Why some seniors getting frustration,
in absence of Information regarding JFT Block-III till march 2020 the speculation will be continue from the new members.

Agreed ... and sometimes I havve the feeling we should open a fan-boy or Kindergarten thread, where all these "larger airframe, wider wings, more hardpoints, better powerplant and at best China give us for free" discussions can be done and here let the grown ups talk and discuss.

Source code to the product that Chinese OEM wouldn't share the language integration with any Western OEM and vice versa. Every equipment has to be attached through software as well and in mix of working together; all needs to get settled at one point to work together within an Air Craft. For that integration and communications; these products comes with its own code which is necessary to integrate with other in network centric environment which is like connecting every hardware to processor in a PC. Similarly, you need Hardware Driver so that can work with your current PC setup otherwise, the error remains. Hope that I have been helpful in this regard. Furthermore, I am not a Tech Guy in this field however, a thorough search with keywords can help/lead you to certain papers available online.
Just a question !!
And what makes you believe that west or specifically US would share codes with us IF we come up with in-house solutions ? It is as if they are giving it directly to China.

Do we maintain a good level of trust with the yanks ? As far as F-16 and TST is concerned, I believe USA must at least consider us in the trust list as we have long proved. Furthermore, doing so will give them good business once Thunder makes sales with a US package and we ourselves would order at least something or specifically WVRs.

Comments ?

Thanks and I beg for this since some time ... however maybe I'm too critical?!

Agreed ... and sometimes I havve the feeling we should open a fan-boy or Kindergarten thread, where all these "larger airframe, wider wings, more hardpoints, better powerplant and at best China give us for free" discussions can be done and here let the grown ups talk and discuss.
Yes there should be another thread for speculations.

Could yo

Just a question !!
And what makes you believe that west or specifically US would share codes with us IF we come up with in-house solutions ? It is as if they are giving it directly to China.

Do we maintain a good level of trust with the yanks ? As far as F-16 and TST is concerned, I believe USA must at least consider us in the trust list as we have long proved. Furthermore, doing so will give them good business once Thunder makes sales with a US package and we ourselves would order at least something or specifically WVRs.

Comments ?
US won't give but countries like SA,Turkey,Italy etc. for them an objection will be removed.

With regret, I have to thread ban few of friends here for off-topic discussion despite being informed many times and been moving their posts since a while but of no avail. Keep discussion intact to the subject and carry on.

Off-topic posts are moved yet again and in case of repetition, I will be banning violators for longer period as of now. Hope that further reminders wouldn't be needed. Those who are banned from thread for a while, will surely back after defined time period and hopefully will adhere to the rules.

Regards,

or simply more fuel to use the current hard points effectively..
ever wonder why JF17 doesn't carry dual racks with 4 SD10s..its fuel limitation

having said more hard points if any(hopefully atleast 1) will only come on the fuselage

That makes no sense. The JF-17 carries heavier/larger ordinance than two SD-10s.

hi

being a defense forum- you never get the truth till it is handed to you on a platter and still there are doubts left.

look at the blk2—been in service a longtime and still we do not know the true capabilities of this aircraft.

modern day aircraft have lots of secrecy surrounding them. We may never know their true capabilities.

next is information being ‘released’ about the jf17 or the procurement if the j10 or f16.

defense industry information leak is always speculative till the real information comes out.

We will never know how many time we came close to buying the f16’s or j10’s and fir one reason or other the deal git cancelled.

maybe the f16 purchase was leaked too soon and the enemy reacted very fast and pressured the deal to be cancelled.

the defence industry thrives on rumors that they have spread around.

some people who have backdoor info to material just leak out info in a certain manner so that it does come back to bite them.

in the end—-info leaks are an intentional part of defense sales and projection strategy. you cannot shut them down.

a gd analyst will find nuggets in the junk and junk is the word fir defense news leaks. It us you who has to be able and capable to know and understand.

the rumors of 6th gen may not be fake—-now absorb this news.

Question, if we are getting Turkish EW systems for JF -- could it be possible the system would work well against Western Missile Systems and Radars, etc, since the Turkish is mostly Western equipment, they would be testing it against what they have and along with it against Russian based systems to counter them?
The Turkish EW system will get perfected against S-400 too!! Originally, it was against S-300...

The Turkish EW system will get perfected against S-400 too!! Originally, it was against S-300...

PAF has to initiate three major types of exercises

I) Annual air combat exercise with Egyptian & Qatari Rafales to perfect tactics against the Indian Air Force Rafale

II) An annual bilateral drills devoted to SEAD/DEAD with the Turkish Air Force training against S-400s. For this PAF must field DA-20s, Erieyes, F-16s and JF-17

III) a distinct SEAD/DEAD drills with the Chinese S-400. For this, PAF must field JF-17s, DA-20 & ZDK-03s

These exercises must be spread out throughout the year so that different units at any given time of the year are engaged in these sorts of drills.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) @MastanKhan

Back
Top Bottom