What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Simple fact is this. No one knows what is Block III, not even the self professed expert "aeromerix". Who is aeromerix, a keyboard warrior just like the rest of us.

The eventuall unveiling, and time will tell what Block III offer, not made up fantasies by anonymous keyboard warriors! Don't read anything into 'aeromerix' post. It is a non-post as far as facts go.. like most of what has been said by many many posters on this forum.
infact we might not even know after block 3 unveiled unless PAF chooses to disclose it or a third country buy it & discloses it

Yep and the general specifications of the Block 3 were publicly laid out years ago. The PAF said, on the record in 2015, that the B3 would have HMD/S, AESA radar, and new AAMs. The issue now is finding out what fell and what got picked up.

This video states what to expect @ 1145 onwards talks about pod plus aesa and weapons

ng what we will be up against, how come the very basic requirement that led to block 3 are now being let go? This makes no sense at all.

What we're up against are Mirage 2000s Mig 29s and Su-30's.

Block 3 can comfortably take these jets head-on. The AESA radar selected by PAF is a high spec version and kind of expensive. It has features like track while scan and can target over 10 targets. Block 3 is not a walk int the park.

A few days earlier, a source did reveal that people expecting to see any drastic changes on Block-3 will be disappointed as most of the changes or improvements are internal.....another thing mentioned was that there is supposedly just ONE extra hard point. ??

That hardpoint is probably on the abdomen to carry an additional recon pod along with another targeting pod.

DMD AMF did mention something along the lines of abdominal strengthening to sustain additional weights.

That hardpoint is probably on the abdomen to carry an additional recon pod along with another targeting pod.

DMD AMF did mention something along the lines of abdominal strengthening to sustain additional weights.

Chin hp are confirmed I thin both chin will get a 250 kg class hp to carry either a bomb or alsepod which weights about 230kg and jammer pod which weights under 200 kg like j-10 but wondering if adding additional hp on each wing, one under wing like f-16 or at least strengthening wingtip to carry sd-10 class weapon

Some nice updates and while other let downs. I was hoping it would carry South African AAMs.
Also, any indication why the change from Spanish to Turkish EW systems and would all prior blocks get their's replaced too?

No word on South African AAMs. As for EW suit. Its a topic which is evaded by officials every time is talked about in a civilian setting. Cant speak intelligently about it.

Q. Is there any change to the Leading Edge of the Wing? I'm not sure if it was (here) on PDF or some other site where the Leading Edge had an unusual curve in the centre.

Q. Is there a possibility if the Vertical Stabilizer (Tail) may resemble that of the B-Variant?
@airomerix @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Windjammer

I don't think ANYONE here on PDF has seen block 3. So the talk of unusual curve might be unfounded.

As for horizontal stabilizer. I will reconfirm. Skipped my mind.

The apparent lack of HMD/S and HOBS AAM is a bummer though, total reliance on BVR as Indians will have unequivocal advantage at WVR via their HMD/S & HOBS capabilities.

I disagree.

HMD is DEFINITELY planned. It is something which can integrated later on aswell. When F-16 block 40's came out they had no HMD capability. With the induction of Block 50's, USAF gave its entire fleet of block 40/42's HMD capability.

We are looking towards a few Turkish and Chinese options for HMD.

As for HOBS capability, JF-17 does not carry a weapon which can be integrated with HMD like AIM-9X. Yet if i may add.

I think ground clearance was a problem for RA'integrationion in Block I and IIs. Is it solved then?

Ground clearance was never a problem. There were other issues we cannot discuss. But. Its solved and Block 1/2's are now carrying RAAD's.

Will it be able to carry 4 PL 15s?

Yes. Absolutely.

But Block 4 will literally take much years then just like what happened with Block 3 when India will be planning for a 5th gen fighter. Block 4s will probably gonna be launched when Rafales will be fully integerated and operational in thier airforce

PAF has officially started working with Turkish on their next generation 5th generation fighter.

We are potentially looking at 2 5th Generation fighters in PAF's service by 2030. One from China and One Turk-PAK venture along with JF-17s (all upgraded) and F-16s.

Is PL 10 available for Pakistan @LKJ86?

Not with JF-17.

No word on South African AAMs. As for EW suit. Its a topic which is evaded by officials everytime is is talked about in a civilian setting. Cant speak intelligently about it.

I dont think ANYONE here on PDF has seen block 3. So the talk of unusual curve might be unfounded.

As for horizontal stabilizer. I will reconfirm. Skipped my mind.

I disagree.

HMD is DEFINITELY planned. It is something which can integrated later on aswell. When F-16 block 40's came out they no HMD capability. With the induction of Block 50's, USAF gave its entire fleet of block 40/42's HMD capability.

We are looking towards a few Turkish and Chinese options for HMD.

As for HOBS capability, JF-17 does not carry a weapon which can be integrated with HMD like AIM-9X. Yet if i may add.

Ground clearance was never a problem. There were other issues we cannot discuss. But. Its solved and Block 1/2's are now carrying RAAD's.

Yes. Absolutely.

PAF has officially started working with Turkish on their next generation 5th generation fighter.

We are potentially looking at 2 5th Generation fighters in PAF's service by 2030. One from China and One Turk-PAK venture along with JF-17s (all upgraded) and F-16s.

Not with JF-17.

Provision for HMD is there from the first BLK. It's PAF that is delaying it for some reason. Pl-10E is available

Provision for HMD is there from the first BLK. It's PAF that is delaying it for some reason. Pl-10E is available

I can understand why. The bill of AESA radars is quite huge. We are looking at 100+ AESA equipped fighters in the next 5 years.

While our economy is struggling and defense budget is shrinking.

Chin hp are confirmed I thin both chin will get a 250 kg class hp to carry either a bomb or alsepod which weights about 230kg and jammer pod which weights under 200 kg like j-10 but wondering if adding additional hp on each wing, one under wing like f-16 or at least strengthening wingtip to carry sd-10 class weapon

IMG_5093.JPG

Something similar under intake

IMG_5088.JPG

Not sure this may be fan art

I can understand why. The bill of AESA radars is quite huge. We are looking at 100+ AESA equipped fighters in the next 5 years.

100 fighters are new or we are going to upgrade existing fleet as well ?

Hmm, makes sense. BLK 3 is already causing sleepless nights in the Nazi land

Exactly, current Block 2 is MORE than what it was supposed to be max.

Block 3 might incorporate even more features in future, more than originally planned !!!

paf might need to add more upgraded Blk2’s to fill in the hole that they have before the blk 3 gets fully integrated

Back
Top Bottom