What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Grifo-E without AMRAAM or Meteor would take away the punch from the blk-3. China wont share source codes of pl-15, sd-10 and pl-10 wvr. Hence, Grifo-E may likely share the same fate as the famous Grifo-S7
i think pakistan can get codes from china but cant give it to italy and vice vera
if this is ToT(less likley) from italy on grifo radar than this might be feasible

Adjustments.JPG

Max speed in km is 1900-2000 km

But number of Hp three under wing plus wingtip and centerline make sense

Last edited:
I would expect Pakistan Jf17 block 3 to be a top tech 4.5th generation light weight fighter jet. Similar to the Gripen, not saying exactly the same because Gripen has one of the best technology but it should be in the similar league in terms of specs.

Aesa Radar, better engine, better jamming and missile systems, HMDs, Irst, more composite materials are a must, otherwise why would 2 years be spent in making the block 3 if it will be similar to the block 2 and I am sure many years before that Paf must of had an idea of what kind of plane they would want.

The best plane in Paf is the f16 block 52 and Jf17 block 3 would not better than that. Alot of people dont realise that the USA technology is the best in the world and their missile technology and reliability is the best in the world.

Against India on the 27th February we used 1980s F16s with MLU, they weren't our latest block 52s but look at their performance, I remember when I joined PDF, many Pakistanis were worried of the mighty su30MKI but we all seen that on 27th February, yes su30mki is still a beast but our air force still posses great danger to it so the threat is neutralized. As India introduces the Rafael, we will already have 18 brand new Block 52s ready to defend our skies and also Jf17 Block 3 will be introduced. So a good counter plan by Paf is ready.

However we still need a fighter jet like the su35 or Euro Fighter. A fighter jet that can carry more payload, fuel, range so that we can use it as a air superiority fighter jet or deep strike/naval role. This is something we lack in.

It looked like Pakistan would go for the J10Bs or Euro fighter jet but due to cost and other issues Pakistan has decided to stick to F16s and Jf17s until we introduce a 5th generation plane. We can expect more f16s to be introduced, be it old or new ones, block 70 would make a big difference

I would expect Pakistan Jf17 block 3 to be a top tech 4.5th generation light weight fighter jet. Similar to the Gripen, not saying exactly the same because Gripen has one of the best technology but it should be in the similar league in terms of specs.

Aesa Radar, better engine, better jamming and missile systems, HMDs, Irst, more composite materials are a must, otherwise why would 2 years be spent in making the block 3 if it will be similar to the block 2 and I am sure many years before that Paf must of had an idea of what kind of plane they would want.

The best plane in Paf is the f16 block 52 and Jf17 block 3 would not better than that. Alot of people dont realise that the USA technology is the best in the world and their missile technology and reliability is the best in the world.
Why don't you mention the price of Gripen or F-16?

Why don't you mention the price of Gripen or F-16?

Sure why not?
F16 block 52s cost approx 60 to 80Million
Grippen C cost approx 60 to 70 Million usa dollars
Jf17 Block 3 would cost 35 Million usa dollars

Jf17 block 3 is cheaper because labour cost is cheaper, parts cost is cheaper, plus its home built with no profit in mind as Paf itself is building it and also repairs, service will be done by Paf.

Jf17 block 3 has specs on similar level as f16s and Gripen but technology level is inferior. Others may disagree with me but I rate western and especially usa technology alot higher than other countries. Also f16s are medium weight and jf17 is light weight.

Sure why not?
F16 block 52s cost approx 60 to 80Million
Grippen C cost approx 60 to 70 Million usa dollars
Jf17 Block 3 would cost 35 Million usa dollars

Jf17 block 3 is cheaper because labour cost is cheaper, parts cost is cheaper, plus its home built with no profit in mind as Paf itself is building it and also repairs, service will be done by Paf.

Jf17 block 3 has specs on similar level as f16s and Gripen but technology level is inferior. Others may disagree with me but I rate western and especially usa technology alot higher than other countries. Also f16s are medium weight and jf17 is light weight.
There is a three-array KLJ-7A AESA radar, and do you think PAF can afford it?

The radar you've mentioned is the one reported to be made for J20 fighter jet as reported on Jane's website. I believe this might not fit on the jf17s as it's a light fighter jet. The one made for jf17 block 3 is the Two array KLJ7a.

Senior members will be able to explain this better
@Windjammer

The radar you've mentioned is the one reported to be made for J20 fighter jet as reported on Jane's website. I believe this might not fit on the jf17s as it's a light fighter jet. The one made for jf17 block 3 is the Two array KLJ7a.

Senior members will be able to explain this better
@Windjammer

J-20 has a different radar fitted already. The klj-7A series is for jf-17.

Of course they can, if it fits into their requirements.

i think pakistan can get codes from china but cant give it to italy and vice vera
if this is ToT(less likley) from italy on grifo radar than this might be feasible

Its not that simple, for integration purpose, sharing the codes will make them vulnerable. Chinese would never want to lose codes to Europeans and in turn, the yankees.

J-20 has a different radar fitted already. The klj-7A series is for jf-17.

The Nanjing Research Institute of Electronics Technology’s (NRIET’s) KLJ-7A active electronically scanned-array (AESA) radar is being considered for use with China’s J-20 multirole ‘fifth-generation’ fighter aircraft, a Chinese industry source has told Jane’s .

The radar, a mock-up of which was displayed by NRIET in a three-array configuration at the Airshow China 2018 on 6–11 November, is one of the options being evaluated for use on the platform, said the source, without providing further details.

The KLJ-7A is an advanced variant of the KLJ-7 (also referred to as Type 1478) X-band airborne fire-control radar (FCR) that has previously been presented in a number of different configurations.

https://www.janes.com/article/84652...-considered-for-china-s-j-20-fighter-aircraft

Back
Top Bottom