What's new

JF-17 at Zuhai Air Show 2010

i believe the actual crying would come when meeting there wives' frying pans :rofl:

They deserve far worse, their performance(Black Spider) was unimpressive to say the least. The whole purpose of a flying display is to take the aircraft to the edge of its envelope and demonstrate its handling characteristics - buzzing around in MP isn't exactly spectacular or interesting. They should have kept their eyes on the prize and not the smoking hot girl in the blue dress :disagree:.

They deserve far worse, their performance(Black Spider) was unimpressive to say the least. The whole purpose of a flying display is to take the aircraft to the edge of its envelope and demonstrate its handling characteristics - buzzing around in MP isn't exactly spectacular or interesting. They should have kept their eyes on the prize and not the smoking hot girl in the blue dress :disagree:.

I agree that besides the photos with vapours trails - the videos have not been impressive. I have tried to check the sustained turn rate and I still came up with 20 seconds for the 360 degree = not different fron the original video we saw on the colourful #101 3 yrs ago!.

On the take off video, I was expecting a steeper climb = true vertical, for a plane with a TWR >1! It could that the videos we have seen are poor!

In those pics no one is jf17 pilot and technician

In those pics no one is jf17 pilot and technician

Well I think Death.by.Chocolate has her point. Pilots could have done still better.. just compare it with the Video of J-10 and you would notice how well it was flown. Pilots had one flying plan and they stuck to that. I wanted to see JFT make double spin, vertical 8 and all those maneuvers which distinguish it from other fighters of its class. We have got Excellent pics of this bird but videos are still not upto the mark.

The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has given a stunning display of aerobatic maneuvers in China. Flying the newly built JF-17 Thunder, a joint fighter project created as a result of cooperation between the two great Asian nations, the crowd was entertained with a thrilling display of aerobatics. The Airshow China 2010, or China International Aviation & Aerospace Exhibition, held at Zhuhai is the premier Chinese aviation industry event and attracts professionals, manufacturers, governments and enthusiasts from the world over. The JF-17 shared the event with such aviation giants as the Airbus A-380 and Boeing 747-8 (model). The aircraft also shared the show with the larger J-10 and Chinese FLANKERs.

The weather conditions were not ideal and thus the aerobatic display of the JF-17 and J-10 could not be better viewed. As the show progresses, better multimedia is likely to emerge from the next few days.

JF-17 Fighters from the Pakistan Air Force Give Stunning Display in China - Grande Strategy

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I think Death.by.Chocolate has her point. Pilots could have done still better.. just compare it with the Video of J-10 and you would notice how well it was flown. Pilots had one flying plan and they stuck to that. I wanted to see JFT make double spin, vertical 8 and all those maneuvers which distinguish it from other fighters of its class. We have got Excellent pics of this bird but videos are still not upto the mark.

J-10s were painted in a special scheme, indicating some sort of Aerobatic team performance.

JF-17s went there to show the product, which is JF-17 it self.

They flew it, did some maneuvers and that's it.

Where the hell did PAF say JF-17 will do aerobatics?

k-8s were sent for that.

jf17:black Spider is a combat squadron,They are good at combat

j10: 81 is a performance team as same as PAF Aerobatic team

jf17 (only 3 years old)is a Light Fighter.(ex:JAS39)

it can not compare to f16 (30 years old)

jf17 is still a baby,it is a baby by pakself.

plz give this bird some time, AESA ,more Powerful engine,More composite materials ,better missile...........

it will be horrible thunder in the sky!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
4440e93e35.jpg
1df384275e.jpg

J-10s were painted in a special scheme, indicating some sort of Aerobatic team performance.

JF-17s went there to show the product, which is JF-17 it self.

They flew it, did some maneuvers and that's it.

Where the hell did PAF say JF-17 will do aerobatics?

k-8s were sent for that.

It was the first time world would have witnessed the bird performing and expectations were high. It didn't flew anywhere close to F-16 demonstrations that took place in 2005-6. (Those F-16 performance videos are available in the posts above)

I have another angle to look into that. In the previous airshow in China, Chinese J-10s had flown soberly and didn't do any crazy manuvers and this time we saw J-10 perform all those goodies. Is that we need more time to trust this bird before pulling it to its limits in public? A bad moment during the Air-Show could have been devastating for the JFT export which Pakistan wouldn't want at any cost.. was that the reason which kept PAF pilots fly it "safe" ?

23rd March parade is not gonna happen in 2011(our forces don't wanna waste precious resources) we have to wait a lot longer to see JF-17 performance again. :hitwall::hitwall:

Coming airshows
Le Bourget France July 2011.
Dubai Airshow Nov 2011
Singapore airshow Feb 2012
Farnborough July 2012

23rd March parade is not gonna happen in 2011(our forces don't wanna waste precious resources) we have to wait a lot longer to see JF-17 performance again. :hitwall::hitwall:

Coming airshows
Le Bourget France July 2011.
Dubai Airshow Nov 2011
Singapore airshow Feb 2012
Farnborough July 2012

And ?? BAHRAIN Air Show Feb.-2011 as well.

Back
Top Bottom