What's new

Jews in Gujarat to receive minority status soon

None of your links will open.

What is your point? Maybe you could type out a short summary?

Cheers, Doc

I did write my simple observation that like many other groups in India, Parsis face terrible stereotyping and harassment and the articles i posted also suggest that.

Ofcourse you can deny this as misinformation spread by Pakistanis to unsettle the holy matrimony of Parsis with the Indian State.

1 A.D?
That is not possible. You can say 1st century A.D where Jews could have used the already existing trade routes from Israel to Yemen and onwards to India.
But this is all guesswork. Nobody knows for certain
Kerala had Christian immigrants by 80 AD. So it's natural for Jews to predate that.
But yeah, it's a guess. I should indeed say first century.

What investments do Gujarat need? Is there a water shortage there as well which is fueling these political stunts?
Nopes but if you set high standards and call yourself has development model for country, then you got to keep getting investments from all possible sources to keep driving the development engine...thats what CM of Gujarat is suffering from.

Israel has some of the finest technologies in Diamond business, Gujarat processes more than 90% of global diamonds. Other than that gujarat is industrial state which could surely use tech investments from Israel

O bhai, I am well informed about the same.

That was a VERY long time ago.

By that token I suppose even the Zoroastrian Parsis are living in India as exiles?

Cheers, Doc

Zoroastrian Parsis atleast dont intent to return back to mainland in majority.
They have bigger problem..they are declining too fast with less than 10 new borns per 1000 and over 30% population is 60+.

I did write my simple observation that like many other groups in India, Parsis face terrible stereotyping and harassment and the articles i posted also suggest that.

Ofcourse you can deny this as misinformation spread by Pakistanis to unsettle the holy matrimony of Parsis with the Indian State.

From what I can see, you've posted links to the case of Parsi women married outside the community not being allowed into our Towers of Silence.

There was no harassment. Due legal process was followed.

Terrible stereotyping is neither more nor less than any other community in India. Mainly thanks to Bollywood.

They stand out. Its natural for that to attract attention. Not all of it good.

Cheers, Doc

Kerala had Christian immigrants by 80 AD. So it's natural for Jews to predate that.
But yeah, it's a guess. I should indeed say first century.

Why do you think Kerala would be the stepping stone to India?

Nopes but if you set high standards and call yourself has development model for country, then you got to keep getting investments from all possible sources to keep driving the development engine...thats what CM of Gujarat is suffering from.

Israel has some of the finest technologies in Diamond business, Gujarat processes more than 90% of global diamonds. Other than that gujarat is industrial state which could surely use tech investments from Israel

Diamonds are in demand specially for industrial applications.
So do Gujaratis expect an inflow of Jewish businessman from Israel now that they have legal protection and the tax benefits which ofcourse are the real reason here if we get little serious about the discussion.

From what I can see, you've posted links to the case of Parsi women married outside the community not being allowed into our Towers of Silence.

There was no harassment. Due legal process was followed.

Terrible stereotyping is neither more nor less than any other community in India. Mainly thanks to Bollywood.

They stand out. Its natural for that to attract attention. Not all of it good.

Cheers, Doc

So Parsis are legally persecuted in India. That is shameful.

Why do you think Kerala would be the stepping stone to India?
Its unique position and availability of spices. Right across the Arabian Sea with monsoon to assist.
So Jews, Christians and Muslims could just get on a boat and come here. The ancient trade route because of the spices made it much easier.

Same for Europeans.

Its unique position and availability of spices. Right across the Arabian Sea with monsoon to assist.
So Jews, Christians and Muslims could just get on a boat and come here. The ancient trade route because of the spices made it much easier.

Same for Europeans.

Hmmm this needs more study. But interesting indeed.
Do you have many Jewish architecture examples in Kerala?

I think india's biggest conglomerate TATA is owned and lead by parsis.
Sterotyping, yes because they have there own style of living, so one can differentiate easily.
Harassment...well that could be locality specific, which could happen with any group in india in a given scenario, but nothing specific I think.

Given that you can find every religion of world in India, one has to understand it can only happen if Indians where accepting and allowing religious freedom. This also means majority have no issues, but as in any part of world there could be few spoilers who would for sure gain media attention for there irrelevant activites. That doesnt define India at large, so people who see it India with such a periscope will never be able to understand this country.

So Parsis are legally persecuted in India. That is shameful.

Our courts regularly pass judgment on communal/religious laws that impinge on a citizen's constitutional rights.

They've done it for Hindus.

For Muslims.

For Sikhs.

For Christians.

So we are all legally persecuted in India by your skewed logic.

Cheers, Doc

I think india's biggest conglomerate TATA is owned and lead by parsis.
Sterotyping, yes because they have there own style of living, so one can differentiate easily.
Harassment...well that could be locality specific, which could happen with any group in india in a given scenario, but nothing specific I think.

Given that you can find every religion of world in India, one has to understand it can only happen if Indians where accepting and allowing religious freedom. This also means majority have no issues, but as in any part of world there could be few spoilers who would for sure gain media attention for there irrelevant activites. That doesnt define India at large, so people who see it India with such a periscope will never be able to understand this country.

You keep forgetting that the minorities in India by percentage are very insignificant and have little representation.
So even if they speak out it will never ever get the recognition. Its a way of life i guess in India to tolerate racism and abuse and just try and survive.

Our courts regularly pass judgment on communal/religious laws that impinge on a citizen's constitutional rights.

They've done it for Hindus.

For Muslims.

For Sikhs.

For Christians.

So we are all legally persecuted in India by your skewed logic.

Cheers, Doc

Hindus by far and large face the most persecution by the State.

Hmmm this needs more study. But interesting indeed.
Do you have many Jewish architecture examples in Kerala?
Same applies for ancient Greek, Roman trade with Kerala.

One of the first synagogues, churches, mosques outside Arabia are all in Kerala. We've a street called Cochin Jew Street which is a tourist attraction.

One of the first synagogues, churches, mosques outside Arabia are all in Kerala. We've a street called Cochin Jew Street which is a tourist attraction.

Fascinating..........

What is India's influence then on their beliefs?
Religious beliefs do tend to take influence from the local culture and tradition and it will be a nice study.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom