What's new

Japanese war criminals' confessions of crime in invading China

The consequences of war, especially the brutality seen in war is beyond words. However, far more Chinese died during the Cultural Revolution and the famine that resulted from such revolution, than in the Second Sino Japanese War. The same in Soviet History; more Russians died by the policies of Stalin than by the Nazi invasion.

But do we see the vilification of Mao Zedong's cultural warfare? The subsequent loss of cultural artifacts, temples in China? Nay, he has practically been pseudo-deified by the State.

Just a perspective, if I may.

Ma zedong should be damned, you are absolutely correct. But for the time being, Ma zedong is still the founder of CCP and undermine him can be seem as undermine the party itself. This is why Deng Xiaoping who was imprisoned by Mao still regarded Mao with great respect in public.

@Genesis

I know that the war between our two countries is a very , very sensitive topic for both Chinese and Japanese. Even for me. So let me try to answer your questions to the best of my ability and in my own opinion. As one genuine Japanese to a genuine Chinese.

First and foremost, I am sorry. I am sorry that the war took place, I am sorry that so many Chinese people died, many innocent civilians who had nothing to do with politics, no knowledge of designs of empire, but were caught at the wrong place and wrong time. Perhaps you had family members , relatives who experienced the war first hand, and perhaps they shared with you their personal anecdotes. Many Chinese died in that war, be they civilian or military.

May their souls rest in peace, May God give them peace.

For me, the war was absolute travesty for my family. My grandfather was one of 4 sons in his family. All of them were drafted to serve in the Imperial Armed Forces. My Grandfather served in the Imperial Japanese Navy, and his 3 younger brothers , too, served in the Imperial Navy. Out of 4 sons, only 1 returned home to Japan alive after the war. That was my grandfather.

From what my grandfather told me, when his father was informed that 3 of his sons, beloved, perished , he succumbed to a deep depression, which he never really was capable of coming out of. My grandfather's mother , too , was devastated. My grand uncles who died in the war, never came home, their bodies were lost in sea. The Yasukuni Shrine is for all Japan's young men and boys who died in the war; where , in the Shinto belief, their souls can rest. It is a grave, you see, for the some 3 million young men and boys who died and fought for Japan. I have visited Yasukuni Shrine many times before , and it was to give obeiscance to the spirit/ souls of my grand-uncles. This is why, to the average Japanese person who has family enshrined there, it is righteous of them to visit them, care for them, remember them. We pray for them, their souls, for their sins. As we pray for the souls of those who died by the actions of Japan.

I hope, and I pray, you can understand why Yasukuni shrine is of emotional significance for Japan. That shrine, for many young Japanese , are the only physical remnant/ grave they have of their father, uncle, grandfather, grand-uncle, great-grand father, great-grand uncle etc, etc, etc.

I remember as a child visiting Yasukuni with my grandfather. When my grandfather saw the names of his 3 brothers, he broke down in tears, prostrated , he was crying so deep,... and kept on repeating "My little brothers...my little brothers...how long have i missed you. I miss you.."

It was emotional, for him. For me.

I will end this now, because i am already brought to tears.

Please, accept my apology,
Thank You.

There are so many radical Chinese who advocate a radical response to the Japanese. In my humble opinion, those who were responsible were all gone or almost gone, their offspring should be hold accountable for what their ancestors did. The best of what the Japanese can do is offer a sincere apology and that's what you did. So thank you, as a Taiwanese Canadian, I accept your apology!!

笔供英文内容提要(Abstract of the Written Confessions in English)
Yohei Kibe(岐部与平)

027.jpg

According to the written confession of Yohei Kibe in July 1954, he was born in Oita Prefecture, Japan in 1895. In June 1921, he served as officer of the Japanese Kwantung Government and chief of Finance Division of the puppet Dalian Civil Affairs Bureau. He became director-general of Social Welfare Department of the “Manchukuo” in April 1944. On 26 October 1945, he was arrested by the Soviet Army in Changchun.

Major offences:

After June 1939:while being governor of the puppet Andong Province, ordered to use “about 47,000” Chinese people as laborers, some of them “got sick or died due to bad living conditions” and “15 people died”;

From 1939 to 1941:introduced 14 “Japanese pioneer immigration teams”, altogether 650 households, into Mishan, Linkou, Hulin and Baoqing counties, taking the Chinese people’s land by force;

1941:sold “676,000 liang (1 liang = 50 gram)” of opium to the Chinese people “inside the Donganhe region”;

From September 1942 to 31 March 1944:during the term of governor of the puppet Jiandao Province of the “Manchukuo”, ordered to “use 15,000” Chinese laborers to build roads for the military use of the Japanese Kwantung Army;

April 1943:to construct the airport in Yanji County, “in the name of military request, ordered Yanji County to expropriate 10 hectares of private land, affecting 3 families with15 people”;

From 1942 to 1943:conscripted the Chinese people in areas under the administration, “conscripted a total of 12,000 Chinese people, and those in the prime years and were not conscripted were forced to join the labor teams according to law; during my term of office, I used around 12,000 able-bodied men every year, who did the same work as ordinary laborers”; I also sold “about 350,400 liang (1 liang = 50 gram)” of opium to the Chinese people in areas under the administration.”

Hitoshi Imayoshi(今吉均)

028.jpg

According to the written confession of Hitoshi Imayoshi in June 1954, he was born in Oita Prefecture, Japan in 1906. In 1932, he worked in the Instruction Department of Japanese Mukden Autonomous Government. He became the Director of Police Department of the puppet Longjiang Province in 1943.

Major offences:

August 1932:
in order to suppress the anti-Japanese movement, “mobilized 500 policemen and 800 members of the Self-Defense Forces”, “arrested 6 patriots in a place 2 kilometers outside the west gate of Changtu County seat” and put them into prison, later they were all killed successively. In early November, near Changtu Station, ordered Japanese policemen, “to behead a Chinese peasant by Japanese sword”;

Mid-February 1933:arrested 22 or 23 anti-Japanese people around Liangzhongqiao and Tongjiangkou areas; in early March, ordered to have the 14 people, including Tian Wang, who was Commander Tian Zhendong’s father, and Chief of Staff Zhu Xiaofei,“shot to death in the open space to the south of Changtu County seat”;

May:went to work in the puppet Rehe Interim Government and during this term, “assisted the police department in suppressing the people and cultivating poppies for Civil Affairs Bureau to produce opium” to poison the Chinese people;

August 1935:took part in Japanese military action of rectifying public order in Zhuhe County, arrested a young Chinese in a village and “beheaded him in a soybean field”; later, arrested another 5 young Chinese in a village and killed them successively with saber; burned down “houses of 540 households, making over 3,000 residents homeless and hopeless” in different cases;

1943:“set up a correction and instruction institution in Kangtai, Longjiang Province” and successively “sent about 2,100 anti-Japanese and anti-“Manchukuo” Chinese patriots to the institution” and “forced them to do labor work, causing many of them to die”;

September 1943:“secretly arrested a Chinese”, who was later injected to death after the interrogation with torture failed, and his body was thrown into Nenjiang River;

February 1944:arrested anti-Japanese people, “arrested two people in Jingxing County and one in Taonan County”, in June, “arrested 42 patriots” and sent them to the prison in Qiqihar, where one of them was tortured to death.

Takeo Utsugi(宇津木孟雄)
029.jpg

According to the written confession of Takeo Utsugi from July to September in 1954, he was born in Chiba Prefecture, Japan in 1895. In 1934, he was an advisor to the “Manchukuo” Military Police. In July 1942, he became manager of Xinjing Xingya Industry Company. On 20 December 1945, he was arrested in Changchun by the Soviet Army.

Major offences:

November 1937:sent “a Chinese patriot who was sentenced to death” and detained by the Xinjing Military Police to Xinjing No. 2 Army Hospital “for pathological experiments”; “At that time, as I was just about to go on a business trip by car, I helped to send Corporal Tamura and the detainee to the hospital”;

January 1938:in order to do pathological experiments on live bodies, “I ordered Warrant Officer Ando and Corporal Tamura to send a prisoner sentenced to death to Xinjing No. 2 Army Hospital and give him to a military surgeon, Captain Ono”;

November:in order to do pathological experiments on live bodies, “ordered Warrant Officer Ando and Corporal Tamura to send another prisoner sentenced to death, a Chinese patriot detained by the Unit, to Xinjing No. 2 Army Hospital, and give him to a military surgeon, Captain Ono”; in the same month, “arrested 7 Chinese patriots and 6 of them were sent to the Procuratorate…one was sentenced to death for murder and robbery, and later sent to Xinjing No. 2 Army Hospital for experiments”.

Hisajiro Tai(田井久二郎)
030.jpg

According to the written confession of Hisajiro Tai in July 1954, he was born in Kochi Prefecture, Japan in 1903. In September 1933, he served as affiliated officer of Secret Agent Division under Police Force of North “Manchukuo” Special District Government Office. In April 1944, he became chief of Secret Service Division of Police Department and chief of Police Office in Qiqihar, the puppet Longjiang Province of the “Manchukuo”.

Major offences:

From November 1942 to March 1943:while in office in Baicheng County, Longjiang Province, “often in the name of ‘officiating’ and ‘searching’, ‘arrested, detained and interrogated’ about 15 peaceful Chinese people every month”;

From January to April 1944:“found, arrested and interrogated” about 200 Chinese patriots in Qingping County”; during the term in the Police Department in Rehe Province, “special search teams of all counties ‘found and arrested’ about 4,000 anti-Japanese patriots”, “killing about 500 members of the Eighth Route Army and the Communist anti-Japanese armed forces” and “killing about 100 anti-Japanese patriotic people and ordinary Chinese civilians”.

Mitsuaki Kimura(木村光明)
031.jpg

According to the written confession of Mitsuaki Kimura from June to July 1954, he served as lieutenant captain of the Japanese Garrison Army in Handan, Hebei in January 1939. From November 1944 to 1945, he was captain of Boli County Military Police Branch of the “Manchukuo”.

Major offences:

March 1939:“searched and investigated” ordinary Chinese people in Handan County Seat, willfully “arrested two suspects and sent them to Sergeant Oshima of the attached Military Police”;

March 1942:led and instructed Gubeikou Military Police “to arrest about 30 underground operators of the Eighth Route Army” in Shixia Township, Miyun County, and “ordered Unit Commander Sato to interrogate them on the spot”; in April, in Xinglong County, “arrested about 150 underground operators of the Eighth Route Army in Liudaohezi and about 130 of them were put into prison”;

January 1943:“instructed the military police of Xifengkou… to arrest about 150 underground operators of the Eighth Route Army at Jiuhuling”; after interrogation, “70 were handed in and 7 died during the interrogation with torture”;

September:instructed the military police of Xifengkou to “arrest about 50 underground operators of the Eighth Route Army in a place 8 kilometers to the west of Xifengkou, Qinglong County; meanwhile, arrested another 30 in a place 4 kilometers to the west of Tiemenguan; I ordered Unit Commander Kasai to conduct the interrogation”;

In the same year, ordered the military police to barbarously drive away the peasants who lived separately, tear down their houses, “forced them to relocate to existing villages” and “formed several depopulated zones in Xinglong, Qinglong, Luanping and Kharatsin Middle Banner of Rehe Province”;

From May 1941 to October 1944:“I arrested about 80 patriotic soldiers of the Eighth Route Army in about 30 cases in the Chengde Military Police Headquarters; …and combined with the previous memory, an estimated total number of 163 captives were sent to the Procuratorate”;

April 1945:claiming that a businessman in Jining County in the puppet Donganhe Administration was an agent of the Soviet Union, arrested his daughter aged about 20 for interrogation and forced her to serve as a servant in my home. In July, when my wife was not home and “I was sexually stimulated on seeing her……I raped her once.” and from then on, she had been occupied by me for a long time;

Saburo Shimamura(岛村三郎)
032.jpg

According to the written confession of Saburo Shimamura in July 1954, he was born in Kochi Prefecture, Japan in 1908. In October 1934, he served as staff of Investigation Division of Mongolian and Tibetan Ministry of the “Manchukuo”. In July 1945, he became chief of Investigation Division in Secret Service Department of the puppet Police Administration and concurrently chief of the 5th Division of the puppet Central Security Bureau.

Major offences:

Early February 1939:received intelligence that, “found an underground organization of the Communist Party in Yilan County”, ordered Nakano, Chief of Police Division in Yilan County, to “arrest more than 100 people involved, after interrogation with torture, one patriot died from deterioration of enteropathy; another one was forced to commit suicide by jumping into the Songhua River during his transportation to Jiamusi”;

August: “arrested over 60 Chinese patriots, after an interrogation with torture, over 17 of them were sent to the court and over 10 of them were sentenced to death”;

October:the underground Communist Party of Tonghe County launched an insurgence in prison with the help of patriotic wardens inside the prison and the puppet regime; in order to suppress the uprising, “arrested more than 100 patriots who were determined to be involved in this case, more than 30 of them were sent to court, and I committed the crime of making over 10 of them sentenced to death”;

November:
since we found that some Soviet agents had stayed for two nights in a farmhouse near Shuipaozi, Tangyuan County, I sent police officer Kato to “arrest two peaceful people living in that house and interrogated them with torture, killing one of them”;

From February to July 1941:during my term in Zhaozhou County, “arrested a total of about 200 patriots, 70 of them were sent to court and as many as 30 of them were sentenced to death”.

He is a Vietnam false flagger and a fking moron....Can you believe that a Russian never go to the Europe&Russia section, but instead, hang out in China section everyday? Look at his response, he usually "give advice to VN" on how to counter China. To make his ID real, he used a Russian name "Andrei Ragofski". Who the hell care about VN, if I were a Russian. Is this a farce?

Good observation. Never heard of a Russian with Ragofski as surname, unless the Viet really meant Ragovski but you know, Viet translator don't work too well.

@cnleio , why the sentences were so light? I expected bullet to the head since under Mao. Why the short jail sentence only?

@cnleio , why the sentences were so light? I expected bullet to the head since under Mao. Why the short jail sentence only?
CPC showed their mercy to Japanese war criminals , i think it's stupid. Only in China, u can't imagine after WWII there'r millions of Japanese immigrants ever living in North of China safe to leave China, and in 1970s there'r thousands of abandone Japanese children who grew up by Chinese family return to Japan.

Japanese killed many Chinese ppl in WWII, but only in China Chinese showed their mercy to many Japanese immigrants & Japanese children and send them back to Japan. We have more mercy, so Chinese is different with Japanese.

Last edited:
CPC showed their mercy to Japanese war criminals , i think it's stupid. Only in China, u can't imagine after WWII there'r millions of Japanese immigrants ever living in North of China safe to leave China, and in 1970s there'r thousands of abandone Japanese children who grew up by Chinese family return to Japan.

Japanese killed many Chinese ppl in WWII, but only in China Chinese showed their mercy to many Japanese immigrants & Japanese children and send them back to Japan. We have more mercy, so Chinese is different with Japanese.

Which is a bad thing. So it sets a precedent. I can try to invade China, kill thousands of Chinese. If I failed, don't worry I just surrender, spend some time in jail and return home.
That's why Chinese fingers can be bent further back than other people.

Shigeta Kage(鹿毛繁太)

033.jpg

According to the written confession of Shigeta Kage from August to November 1954, he was born in Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan in 1899. During the Japanese imperialists’ aggression against China, he served as chief instructor of Liuhe County Police Administration of the puppet Mukden Province and chief of Police Division of Police Bureau in Jinzhou City.

Major offences:

May 1937:in Liuhe County, “sent 5 to 6 anti-Japanese armed guerrilla soldiers and staff” to the Japanese garrison army to be killed, and “I killed one of them with my Japanese sword”;

From July 1936:in Liuhe County, “forced 2,500 (in the supplementary confession written on 20 November 1954, the number was changed to 6,500) households to move out of their houses (in order to construct depopulated zones); meanwhile, with the accusation of “entering the depopulated zone”, “killed 8 peaceful Chinese residents”.

Shozo Tsukutani(筑谷章造)
034.jpg

According to the written confession of Shozo Tsukutani in October 1954, he was born in Tottori Prefecture, Japan in 1894. During Japan’s aggression against China, he served as chief of Secret Service Division, Shenyang Police Department and chief of Police Division, Police Department of Chengde, Rehe Province of the “Manchukuo”.

Major offences:

April 1936:arrested 78 people, “interrogated them with most brutal acts such as bloating water into their body, beating, clamping their fingers together with iron bars in between, etc.”; Later, 11 party members among them were sent to the Procuratorate and 4 were sentenced to death;

After June 1939:ordered the subordinates “to destroy 500 households (with 500 residents) and construct 10 tribal groups”.

Torao Yoshifusa(吉房虎雄)
035.jpg

According to the written confession of Torao Yoshifusa from July to August 1954, he was born in 1897. During Japan’s invasion of China, he was captain of Dalian Military Police and lieutenant of Kanto Military Police Headquarters. He was arrested in Pyongyang in September 1945.

Major offences:

Early June 1932:while invading Ji’an, the artillery “opened fire towards civilians who were taking refugee outside the west gate”;

Early June 1932:in Ji’an, the subordinate military police “arrested about 40 civilians inside the city, claiming that they were collaborating with the Anti-Japanese Army, and killed them by the riverside outside the west gate after interrogation with torture”; in mid and late June, “arrested and interrogated about 20 civilians inside Ji’an” respectively on two occasions for the same reason and “cruelly killed them by the riverside outside the west gate after interrogation with torture”;

Early June:in Linjiang, the subordinate military police arrested “over 50 civilians inside the city, claiming that they were collaborating with the Anti-Japanese Army, killed the captives on the bank of the Yalu River near the southwest side of Linjiang after interrogation with torture”; in late June, “claiming that they were collaborating with the Anti-Japanese Army”, “brutally killed over 40 civilians”;

Late September 1932: in a village between Ji’an and Tonghua, the subordinate infantry “shot 30 bullets from the machine gun” and killed about 10 people, “while knowing clearly that they were civilians”;

Mid-October 1932:the garrison brought two civilians from a village to the west of Ji’an, “after interrogation with torture, claiming that they were plotting with the Anti-Japanese Army”, “ordered the garrison corporal to kill them on the riverside to the west of Ji’an”;

Late October 1932:on the way “from Ji’an to Tonghua”, instructed the subordinates to “shoot to death about 10 civilians who came from Tonghua for asylum”.

Yuichi Kashiwaba(柏叶勇一)
036.jpg

According to the written confession of Yuichi Kashiwaba from July to August 1954, he was born in Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan in 1890. In 1932, he went to northeast China to join the War of Aggression against China and served successively as detachment captain of Hailun Military Police and director-general of Police Department in Fushun City of the “Manchukuo”.

Major offences:

September 1941:while in Fushun, ordered the subordinate policemen to trace the 250 prisoner-laborers who fled Laohutai Coal Mine, after encircling the laborers, “shot some dead with handguns and arrested most of them”;

In Fushun, ordered the subordinate policemen to “arrest a total of about 200 to 300 (in his confession written on 1 August 1954, the figure was changed to 50) beggars” “inside the city once or twice a year”; “beggars were sent to the mountains in Xingjing County by car” causing “some of them to die of poor health conditions”;

September 1942:personally arranged for the “special isolation alert for epidemic areas” in Fushun Coal Mine, “97 people were isolated in the dormitory and 54 died”; “In Yongantai No.25 Isolation Station, there were no adequate supplies and the people in isolation were in poor health, and many of them were thrown into the iron ore furnace in the repair workshop and burnt to death.”

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom