What's new

Japan unveils massive $110 billion plan for Asia’s infrastructure to counter China

Japanese corporate management , in lieu with strategic management policies regarding production quota already addressed the issue of the 'expensive' Japanese labor by promoting large scale robotics in the country. I would invite you to visit Japanese manufacturing sites in Japan , you will see that the only humans in production are more or less project engineers, staff mechanical engineers, industrial engineers and some professional technicians. Much of the large scale production is now satisfied through robotics, which is higher in efficiency, and human error is nill.

Non-essential personnel is no longer needed. Essential personnel duties that cannot be replaced through robotics is transferred abroad, example, in China, and other parts of ASEAN, South Asia.

I hope you understand.

Why that not help Japan reduce its debt? You need Gundams but not robots.:-)

China is implementing many robots as human price is increasing.
Yet full robots line is pretty expensive and will only make profit with large production volume for similar parts.
Small volume or change over different parts will greatly reduce the advantage of full-robot lines.
So what I see is combination of robots and humans in China.
Robot for high volume and human for flexible production..

Japanese corporate management , in lieu with strategic management policies regarding production quota already addressed the issue of the 'expensive' Japanese labor by promoting large scale robotics in the country. I would invite you to visit Japanese manufacturing sites in Japan , you will see that the only humans in production are more or less project engineers, staff mechanical engineers, industrial engineers and some professional technicians. Much of the large scale production is now satisfied through robotics, which is higher in efficiency, and human error is nill.

Non-essential personnel is no longer needed. Essential personnel duties that cannot be replaced through robotics is transferred abroad, example, in China, and other parts of ASEAN, South Asia.

I hope you understand.

Japan Plans to Expand Infrastructure Investment in Asia

BN-IB759_0424ab_M_20150424145603.jpg

TOKYO—Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on Thursday unveiled a plan to expand Japan’s financing for infrastructure projects in Asia by 30%, suggesting Tokyo’s intent to counter China’s push to spearhead a new regional investment bank.

Mr. Abe pledged to offer roughly $110 billion in the next five years to fund “high-quality infrastructure investments” in Asia through various channels, including expanding the Asian Development Bank’s lending capacity and yen loans from the Japanese government.

In an apparent effort to differentiate its efforts from China’s aggressive fundraising through the new bank, Mr. Abe played up the quality of projects that Japan can offer, with its long expertise in energy-saving technology and reliable public transportation systems.

“We need to spread innovation to every corner of Asia. There is no room for cheap and subpar,” Mr. Abe said at a Tokyo conference hosted by Nikkei Inc. and attended by several Asian leaders. “Japan is determined to play a major role in providing funds so the preference for innovative projects takes roots in Asia.”

Mr. Abe’s new blueprint comes as China gears up to launch the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, to be set up with about $100 billion in capital later this year. The U.S. and Japan have so far stayed away from the bank, indicating concerns about the new bank’s governance and that it will undermine existing international lenders where they play leading roles. Japan is the largest shareholder in the Manila-based ADB, whose president has traditionally been Japanese.

For Beijing, which has criticized multilateral organizations like the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund as being too dominated by the U.S. and Europe, the bank is part of a push to raise China’s profile in world affairs.

In a sign that multilateral lenders are also pushing back against China’s financing ambitions, the World Bank on Wednesday offered Indonesia as much as $11 billion in new loans during the next three to four years for basic infrastructure.

Mr. Abe endorsed a plan recently unveiled by the ADB to expand its lending capacity by 50% by combining internal financial resources. He also supported a possible increase in the bank’s capital from the current $153 billion. Mr. Abe didn’t mention the new Beijing-led bank in his speech.

So far, 57 countries including the U.K. and Germany have expressed intentions to join the Beijing-led AIIB as founding members.

Representatives from the 57 prospective members are currently meeting in Singapore to discuss the draft articles of agreement and operational policies for the bank, according to a Singapore government statement on Tuesday. Shi Yaobin, vice minister of China’s Ministry of Finance, and Yee Ping Yi, deputy secretary of Singapore’s Ministry of Finance, are co-chairing the Singapore meeting, the statement said.

Tokyo’s new initiative emphasizes financing projects such as subway and bridge construction that may be expensive but will be durable, environmentally friendly and disaster-proof, Mr. Abe said.

Still, the amount of the funds the prime minister pledged is far from sufficient to meet the huge demand for infrastructure funding in the region, which the ADB estimates to be about $8 trillion for the coming decade.

Tokyo’s new plan also includes providing “risk money” from the government-run Japan Bank For International Cooperation, which allows nations to launch infrastructure projects without pledging government guarantee for funds.

“There is a limit to the concept of covering such huge demand with public funds alone,” Mr. Abe said. “We must come up with a system to channel larger amounts of varied private-sector funds to flow into Asia.”

Japan Plans to Expand Infrastructure Investment in Asia - WSJ

China is implementing many robots as human price is increasing.
Yet full robots line is pretty expensive and will only make profit with large production volume for similar parts.
Small volume or change over different parts will greatly reduce the advantage of full-robot lines.
So what I see is combination of robots and humans in China.
Robot for high volume and human for flexible production..

For China it will be expensive at first, but for Japan, our production is nearly all robotized. It is just essential as Japanese labor is expensive. lol.

And if the investment is for Singapore South korea Malaysia Indonesia and Taiwan then dont take the pain.
Invest in poor asian countries like Bangladesh Pakistan India Srilanka Combodia Afghanistan and middle east like China is doing.
BTW why this investment is coming only to counter china? If jap Govt had the money why not invest in earlier. So it is not for the sake of Asia but only for countering china?

Come on I hate Imperial Militarism just like you all do bros ...
Relax it's just a forum, let's make it useful, let's take a balanced view on Japan and have fun.
:cheers:

You sound exactly like the Qing dynasty and the KMT.

Balanced view on Japan? That's like saying to have a balanced view on barbaric serial killing monsters.

Japan exterminated 33 million Chinese human beings, raped Chinese women, used Chinese as guinea pigs for chemical and biological programs, and stole Chinese lands. They deserve utterly zero, and I mean ZERO respect.

Stop trying to defend and respect a barbaric country like Japan that elected a fascist leader that shows no respect to China and Chinese by constantly visiting the shrine that worships Japanese monsters. Do you remember Abe sitting in a plane with the number '731'? Do you know what Unit 731 is?

DO NOT EVER SHOW RESPECT TO PEOPLE THAT DON'T RESPECT YOU.......EVER!

Do you understand what I'm saying to you right now?

@wanglaokan, you shall stop posting such cruel pictures. that is not the proper place here. not in this thread. we are discussing JP new bank, that will help Asia infrastructure. I welcome such a move of JP as VN may benefit from the funds. we need money for highways, and for many things.

Then you invest quite a lot but will lose profit if only small volume is produced..
Also I visit some factories in Japan. They are pretty similar to what I see in China.
Of course there are not so good factories in China.
But it is not them who are competing with Japanese brand..

For China it will be expensive at first, but for Japan, our production is nearly all robotized. It is just essential as Japanese labor is expensive. lol.

@wanglaokan, you shall stop posting such cruel pictures. that is not the proper place here. we are discussing JP new bank, that will help Asia infrastructure. I welcome such a move of JP as VN may benefit from the funds.

And , trust me, my Vietnamese friend, Vietnam will receive her fair share of this... $110 Billion investment from Japan to ASEAN.

Stick with Japan, and you shall never go hungry....ever. ;)

8-)8-):D

It is the so called competition..
No body is willing to offer a good condition until China offer it and these guys face competition

And if the investment is for Singapore South korea Malaysia Indonesia and Taiwan then dont take the pain.
Invest in poor asian countries like Bangladesh Pakistan India Srilanka Combodia Afghanistan and middle east like China is doing.
BTW why this investment is coming only to counter china? If jap Govt had the money why not invest in earlier. So it is not for the sake of Asia but only for countering china?

Back
Top Bottom