What's new

Japan unveils massive $110 billion plan for Asia’s infrastructure to counter China

Why is it that you are not happy to see this move ? Its as if some Chinese members here want Japan to stay in China.
LOL

LOL, only Japanese girls are welcome.

I think the Japanese member can not wait to see new and big bomb in their land.:-)

nice. more competitions are welcome.

As I said before, Japan is the only country in Asia who can more than match China in all fields and more. Japan and China are still the leading countries in Asian /Asian giants. All other countries still lag behind alot.

Japan has finally realised it's declining and China has replaced it as Asia's number 1 power.

Japan is too small to compete with a rising China. The only way Japan could be ahead of China was when China wasn't developed. Now that China has developed to a certain point, that's already enough to surpass a mickey mouse joke like Japan. Japan is America's 51st state pretending to be a country.

Japan is going rogue because it has finally realised it has nothing to lose. Usually when someone has nothing to lose it's behaviour turns to panic. Japan is panicking as they see China has surpassed them in economic size, manufacturing, exporting, importing, investing, financing, stock market market cap, most supercomputers in top 500 list including fastest, manned space program including Beidou satellite navigation and advanced imagery satellites, UNSC veto power, nuclear arsenal, military power, corporate brands in Fortune 500 and Forbes 2000 lists, olympic medal table, AIIB, Silk Road projects, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

Japan is a horse that cannot run. All that's remaining is taking it out and putting it out of its misery.

Japan is finished!

Sure, Japan can pretend it's not finished and Japanese worshippers can pretend to believe it.

As I said before, Japan is the only country in Asia who can more than match China in all fields and more. Japan and China are still the leading countries in Asian /Asian giants. All other countries still lag behind alot.

Look at how some of the members (the ones supposedly from China) even question the viability of Japanese business moves from China to other parts of Asia. lol.

China as the center for Japanese overseas production is ... replaceable. That is just the simple, cold, hard, truth. One that will be more visible as times progresses.

Mark my words.

Replace China is not that easy
Most of these countries lacks base infrastructure, power and most important a huge market.
They could provide nothing but cheap labor(Also less efficiency).
In fact Japan has worked in low cost countries like SEA for long time.
But it seems does not help much.

We can easily replace China as a supplier base, there are plenty of more affordable host countries that can do this such as ASEAN member states, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka. In fact, as China's standard of living continues to increase, it becomes even more practical to move out of China.

Good luck finding a replacement, however. :)

Yes, Japan is a financial behemoth beyond its "modest" GWorld Bank bro? , there is almost another Japan outside its sovereign soil and can easily put up a fund of such a scale! Let's run through a simple check and analysis.

At the peak of its time, in 1985 the Plaza Accord changed the course of Japan from GDP-driven (production on its sovereign soil) to massive overseas economic expansion (oversea production), making Japan the No. 1 creditor nation since 1992 till now, 24 years in a row. At the end of 2013 Japan's net external assets was a mind-boggling $3.2 trillion, over 50% more than those held by China, the world's No. 2 creditor nation.

In terms of industrial leadership, despite say giving away leadership to SK in some heavy industries, and in electronics ceding market share to fast catching-ups in SK (e.g. Hynix, Samsung) and Taiwan (e.g. TSMC) since 1980's, Japan maintained a huge global lead in many other top-notched techs from robotics, advanced materials, optics, precision tooling to large-scale NC machines. Japan is actually well-positioned in the integration of the East Asia manufacturing hub, holding critical upstream positions in the whole supply chain. While being an upstream component superpower i.e. "Industry 3.0~4.0", Japan also maintains lead in several consumer products e.g. Toyota with its globalized production, the No 1 auto company both in volume and revenue.

Relatively speaking Taiwan and SK corps were integrated much deeper with China, which is both the bulk of the supply chain, as well as a market. An example would be the battle between PDP and LCD, technological factor contributed only partly to the results as witnessed today. Another example is SONY's retreat from consumer mobiles, and "pivot" to core components.

Noting Japan's unique positioning in the global supply chain, the future of Japan will continue to rely on closer integration with China, which is both the bulk of the supply chain, as well as a potential market. The well established, full-spectrum, continental-sized industrial base of China offers huge opportunities to Japanese industrial techs.

I suppose some high-tech exports numbers of Japan are embedded with China, Singapore, US, Malaysia:

o0GeIkh.jpg

On consumption, despite the market is already huge, its potential is even bigger noting China's annual domestic savings is an unusual 50% of GDP and world No. 1 in absolute size (the abnormally high savings, and low consumption of Chinese is a key reason for currently low GDP figure). Compared to industrial techs, due to political tension, Japan has been trailing its peers in Taiwan and Korea in tapping Chinese consumer market.

Gross domestic savings (current US$)
Gross domestic savings are calculated as GDP less final consumption expenditure (total consumption). Data are in current U.S. dollars. World Bank national accounts data, and OECD National Accounts data files.
Catalog Sources World Development Indicators

untitled-png.221265

Other than China, Japanese goods will continue to rely on markets from the developed countries, either directly, through its offshore manufacturing assets, or through peer supply chain in East Asia.

In extremely low GDP countries, consumption potential is weak hence less attractive to hi-end Japanese consumer products. Furthermore if infrastructure and industrial base is underdeveloped, it would be difficult for hi-end Japanese techs or industrial goods to make any major inroads. Though there are still lucrative opportunities, say infrastructure export, and machinery for industry 1.0, especially for countries with stimulus packages and beginning to industrialize (e.g. Pakistan, Bangladesh), or countries rich in natural resources (e.g. Africa, South America).
@cnleio @mike2000 is back : comments and opinions are welcome

Some of above are extracted from my own post:
How China Made Japan Irrelevant!!! | Page 2
Coming Down to Earth

Have you ever considered being an economist or working for an international financial organisation like the world bank?
You are quite knowledgeable in economics, I agree with all you said. :cheers:

Why is it that you are not happy to see this move ? Its as if some Chinese members here want Japan to stay in China.

LOL
take it easy, I am not as stagy as you, I merely pointed out the world 'may'````````and I find its funny
well, I never wanted Japan or Japanese to leave China, and never liked the idea of linking nationalism with business

after all Sushi, cartoon and two people 'action' movie```I love them all very much :D

Look at how some of the members (the ones supposedly from China) even question the viability of Japanese business moves from China to other parts of Asia. lol.

China as the center for Japanese overseas production is ... replaceable. That is just the simple, cold, hard, truth. One that will be more visible as times progresses.

Mark my words.

LOL, Japan is the most debt and aged country in the world is the truth now.

check on google if you want.

Japan can also be replaceable as China can offer cheaper but similar quality products..
That is just the simple, cold, hard, truth.
Japan economy problem much related to the competition from Korea and China.
Products from Japan is not bad. Yet they are simply too expensive comparing with similar Korea and China products

Mark my words.

Replace China is not that easy
Most of these countries lacks base infrastructure, power and most important a huge market.
They could provide nothing but cheap labor(Also less efficiency).
In fact Japan has worked in low cost countries like SEA for long time.
But it seems does not help much.

Have you seen the infrastructure and supply chain models , already present, in ASEAN countries? Look at Indonesia , the Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Burma.

Then also take a look at the rapidly developing infrastructure & supply chain of Bangladesh, India, Pakistan.

These countries are far more developed than how China was in the 1980s, 1990s. When Japan entered China.

What Japan did in China, Japan can also do in ASEAN, South Asia. In fact, we are doing just that.

Have you ever considered being an economist or working for an international financial organisation like the world bank?
You are quite knowledgeable in economics, I agree with all you said. :cheers:

He is by far one of the top 3 Chinese posters in PDF.

take it easy, I am not as stagy as you, I merely pointed out the world 'may'````````and I find its funny
well, I never wanted Japan or Japanese to leave China, and never liked the idea of linking nationalism with business

after all Sushi, cartoon and two people 'action' movie```I love them all very much :D

Japanese businesses moving from China to other markets is but a natural eb and flow, my friend. Even the United States is even scaling back from China, for example, they're even slowly moving some of their manufacturing plants from China to ASEAN, and even to Mexico and Latin America.

Japan can also be replaceable as China can offer cheaper but similar quality products..
That is just the simple, cold, hard, truth.
Japan economy problem much related to the competition from Korea and China.
Products from Japan is not bad. Yet they are simply too expensive comparing with similar Korea and China products

South Korea and Taiwan have decimated most of the Japanese brands.

Have you seen the infrastructure and supply chain models , already present, in ASEAN countries? Look at Indonesia , the Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Burma.

Then also take a look at the rapidly developing infrastructure & supply chain of Bangladesh, India, Pakistan.

These countries are far more developed than how China was in the 1980s, 1990s. When Japan entered China.

I think Japan is better to reduce its world NO.1 debt first...

But remember that now you are facing the competition from China..
China products is 50% price of Japanese products but can offer 90% of its function.
You cannot find other choice when China started to develop.
While these newly developing countries can be only 40% price, no way of even cheaper.
But its function is much degraded comparing with Chinese products..
Just what I am working in automobile industry, Chinese products is already pretty good.
India products are still far from satisfying, but only slightly cheaper..

What Japan did in China, Japan can also do in ASEAN, South Asia. In fact, we are doing just that.
He is by far one of the top 3 Chinese posters in PDF.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom