What's new

Japan unveils largest warship since World War II

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if you think that just because the J-20 is in flight testing condition that mean the PLAAF is the equal of the USAF? Or that just because the PLA modernized it is the equal of the US Army? Of that just because the PLAN built a few ships it is the equal of the USN? Do you really believe that the US needed that alliance to defeat Iraq? The overwhelming bulk of that alliance was the US. Sorry if I offend any US ally here but without that alliance, it would have taken US an extra week and cost a few more US casualties but the outcome would be no different than what we know of it today.

You can lay off that 'thermonuclear' nonsense because if China ever use nukes, it will be end of China.

The lesson you should have learned is that despite the use of ballistic missiles, NEITHER side gained any long term tactical and strategic advantage over the other. Why? Because despite missiles that destroyed city blocks, bridges, airfields, and what-nots, neither side managed to militarily cripple the other, and as long as that parity existed, ballistic missiles effectively failed.

Then why does China bother to get an aircraft carrier? Is that how you believe the PLA's leadership thinks about response to threat? Global annihilation?

Clue for you: The fact that the PLA modernized means China will do everything militarily necessary to defeat any opponent unless said opponent uses nuclear weapons. That mean the PLA will allow itself to be defeated and China's leadership would rather submit to concession than to plunge the world into a nuclear war.

You are talking like a typical keyboard warrior.

Iraq had no retaliatory capabity towards the United States. China can mount ballistic missles with biological and chemical warheads and make Japan suffer unacceptable losses if they try pulling off any stunts with their ships at sea.

Iran and Iraq share a massive land border and both of their economies were severely crippled and they suffered massive casualties. Militarily, their land forces could still attack each other's countries, there is no barrier between them.

China and Japan have a massive sea between them. China is many times larger than Japan with a bigger population, bigger infrastructure and everything is bigger. Japan has its population, infrastructure and cities densely packed on a few islands.

If there is a missle war between China and Japan, Japan will suffer 100 times worse than China and their economy and infrastructure will be totally wrecked.

Its off topic and just a curiosity.
@gambit,

I have never seen you thanking others. You receive thanks but you don't return it. May I know why? Don't you believe in reciprocity?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its off topic and just a curiosity.
@gambit,

I have never seen you thanking others. You receive thanks but you don't return it. May I know why? Don't you believe in reciprocity?
he dislikes the thank function. he never asked for people to thank him.

but I for one am thankful that he decides to share his thoughts on the forum, they are greatly beneficial.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still don't really know why Chinese here hold high regards to their Purposed "Missile" Capability.

Another attemp trying to conceal your weakiness such as China's ASAT need to hit 2999 sat in order to be effective, or chinese carrier is just a sitting duck, why wasting money? :lol:, that staight answer to your question is : warship, tank and fighter are for theater battle, with missiles, we can skip theater battle and go directly after the core nation of the enemy.

You know why U.S has so much strategic subs that patrolling in Pacific ocean and anger that China is about to do the same?

PLA Navy to Begin First Strategic Missile Submarine Patrols Next Year | Washington Free Beacon

Another attemp trying to conceal your weakiness such as China's ASAT need to hit 2999 sat in order to be effective, or chinese carrier is just a sitting duck, why wasting money? :lol:, that staight answer to your question is : warship, tank and fighter are for theater battle, with missiles, we can skip theater battle and go directly after the core nation of the enemy.

You know why U.S has so much strategic subs that patrolling in Pacific ocean and anger that China is about to do the same?

PLA Navy to Begin First Strategic Missile Submarine Patrols Next Year | Washington Free Beacon

I just have one question for you, ONE QUESTION.

What did this have to do with ASAT??

You lost the argument with me already, you have no more point, CASE CLOSED.

So what if you can destroy all the SATNAV system, we can destroy yours too, it's a tit for tat things, nobody will gain upper hand on this, or you intent to argue Chinese Army read maps better than the American, let alone the Actual Military Value of those satellite.

If you have any more stuff regarding ASAT, please go back to ASAT thread and post them there. Or you can keep going and show your apparent ignorant of the subject at hand, your choice.

Also, do you actually know why we need that amount of Sub, we don't just patrol the SCS/ECS/Pacific with all our 71 Tactical/Strategic submarine, we patrol internationally, for what it worth, I don't think we have enough for WORLDWIDE DEPLOYMENT, a term that Chinese navy can only dream of even in distant future.

So what if you can destroy all the SATNAV system, we can destroy yours too, it's a tit for tat things, nobody will gain upper hand on this, or you intent to argue Chinese Army read maps better than the American, let alone the Actual Military Value of those satellite.

If you have any more stuff regarding ASAT, please go back to ASAT thread and post them there. Or you can keep going and show your apparent ignorant of the subject at hand, your choice.

This has nothing to do with Asat.

No my point is that if U.S is within our reach military then we have game to play, if US homeland is not within our reach than game is over for us. We're not afraid of reprocity as shooting back on our satellites. If China reach U.S military parity such as MAD than Amercans wouldn't dare stir up trouble in Asia or use Japan again us.

1 on 1 , Japan is dead meat. We have strong enough air force to take out their whole fleet, our navy will mop up the battlefield. China can easily call an army of 20 millions in the war time. Better stop irritating China, or you are digging grave for yourself. Anyway, peace always comes first. Look those cheerleader in the thread, like your own country build the ship.:tdown:
This ship is no more than a supporting platform for US navy. A prosperous China is undefeatable.

No my point is that if U.S is within our reach military then we have game to play, if US homeland is not within our reach than game is over for us. We're not afraid of reprocity as shooting back on our satellites. If China reach U.S military parity such as MAD than Amercans wouldn't dare stir up trouble in Asia or use Japan again us.

Do you really think that??

Just give you an example, Russia HAD mean to Reach US , they had MAD too (In fact they did with Cuba Missile Crisis) does that mean we have a total stand down from using South Vietnam, South Korea, Chechen, Georgia, Hungary and other proxies to go against Russia??

What make you think it will not be the same case with China?? :lol:

You have means to reach us does not mean we should backdown, all in all the threat coming from China is not a single bit bigger than the threat we got from USSR during Cold war. What make you think if you have stuff that can touch us, we will stand down??

I really want to hear your side of the story.

Don't forget, we are a type of people will only focus on the problem ahead, if that mean we will get into trouble trying to get a fix on you, we will still do it, just look at how we use Iraq to Control Iran (and vice Versa) and Afghanistan to control Russia.

Does China cares about article 9? Japan has to draw a line too at some point. In any case its a good thing that Japan will try to counter balance Chinese power in the area. China is becoming too much of a bully lately.

I forgive your ignorance. Living in the bias world of western news. They will not cover so much of Japan problematic issue with many of its neighbour...

Seoul-Tokyo relations set to dip as Japan releases results of Dokdo opinion poll : International : Home

【#192】Abe Failed to Demand Return of 4 Islands from Russia « Speaking Out « Japan Institute for National Fundamentals

Diaoyu Islands Dispute

The western world will only paint China as aggressor and only China has dispute claim with others countries.

Worst still, many Americans, western and South East Asian here are cheering Japan action which means they approve Japan past action of raping their grandma or making them become comfort women during WWII..

“Comfort Woman” Ellen van der Ploeg passed away | janbanning.com

Comfort women: 'Hustisya para sa mga lola'

Do you really think that??

Just give you an example, Russia HAD mean to Reach US , they had MAD too (In fact they did with Cuba Missile Crisis) does that mean we have a total stand down from using South Vietnam, South Korea, Chechen, Georgia, Hungary and other proxies to go against Russia??

What make you think it will not be the same case with China?? :lol:

You have means to reach us does not mean we should backdown, all in all the threat coming from China is not a single bit bigger than the threat we got from USSR during Cold war. What make you think if you have stuff that can touch us, we will stand down??

I really want to hear your side of the story.

Don't forget, we are a type of people will only focus on the problem ahead, if that mean we will get into trouble trying to get a fix on you, we will still do it, just look at how we use Iraq to Control Iran (and vice Versa) and Afghanistan to control Russia.

Yes, because we dare to take the risk such as enter Korea war knowing that U.S was the winner of WWII, not only possessed Nukes but nuked Japan as well, we still didn't back down, you can imagine if we reach the parity. But I'm not quite sure about U.S if Americans will back down or not knowing that their own homeland will turn into dust as well in order to stir trouble for China.

No matter what, reaching parity is crucial for China to deal with U.S, than make alliance will be next to get even

I still don't really know why Chinese here hold high regards to their Purposed "Missile" Capability.

1.) Missile don't call MISS-ile for nothing, even with high technological advancement, chances of it getting to hit a target is slim. People look on TV and see the Missile hit it's target on Live TV keep exhaling and say "What an achievement" what they did not see is the once or twice or even more, that miss before. Being on the front row seat, I know for a fact that how frustrating when you expect your missile to hit instead it misses, worse, if it hits you.

2.) In fact almost all warfare after the invention of flying (or Flight) told us Air Power Alone does not stop nothing.
I do not play video games. Even though am Air Force, I do not even have Flight Simulator. The last video game I played was 'Missile Command' in the nickel arcade in pre historic (Internet) era. :lol:

But I do know enough of today's video games that all weapons are perfect. If I missed, it is my fault, never the weapon. That is what these guys grew up with -- perfect weapons from video games. Not one of them has ever been in the military, sometimes forced to rely upon your wits to solve a problem. In the ground wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, literally lives were at stake and lives were lost because of mechanical doo-dads that failed to work at a crucial time. You and I know that, albeit in different times, and in your case, the fear of weapons failure is much more intense and real. The most fearful feeling I ever had was take the M4 off safety and hope this Air Force issued rifle would work. These ya-hoos do not have these knowledge and feelings, not even like mine. Ever. To them, war and combat, the way they talk about them, is no more real than a video game. Hence the juvenile 'thermonuclear' this or 'megaton' that.

I have stood in front of a pair of B61s hung on an F-111E. They look plain and ordinary. Almost like external fuel tanks or even harmless travel pods. The Chinese members here do not know what the totality of fear -- emotional, physical, and intellectual -- is like. For me, when I stood in front of those B61s, the fear was intellectual. In my hands holding a WSO navigation cartridge, I had the fate of millions of human beings who never knew that their homes were at one time in history marked for nuclear destruction. China does not allow these guys proximity to a .22 caliber bullet, let alone a nuclear bomb, so how are they to know even at the intellectual level, the horror of what they so casually talk about in dealing out nuclear destruction to the 'inferior' Asiatics they believe we are?

They do not even know how pathetic they look as a group in front of the world.

For our less capable allies. Not for US. Your DF-21D have yet to conduct open water testing and its chain of dependencies are vulnerable to other US assets. So as far as the PLAN is concerned, the US Navy can make underwater reefs out of its ships in a week.

When you have relevant questions to ask...

Why SHOULD I comment about it in the first place, let alone publicly approves it? Why is that question such a mental strain for you? :lol:

No. It is to preemptively discourage technically incorrect assumptions.

The 7th Fleet, alone, could wipe out the entire PLAN. It is preposterous to even consider the PLAN a threat to the USN. The enemy's naval assets are of absolute inferior quality. In open water, we would ravage their fleet within a week's time. Air supremacy would be established and the enemy would sue for peace. Most probably their old regime would collapse and US-backed riots in China would ensure the supplantation of the CCP with a more democratic-friendly government.

I do not play video games. Even though am Air Force, I do not even have Flight Simulator. The last video game I played was 'Missile Command' in the nickel arcade in pre historic (Internet) era. :lol:

But I do know enough of today's video games that all weapons are perfect. If I missed, it is my fault, never the weapon. That is what these guys grew up with -- perfect weapons from video games. Not one of them has ever been in the military, sometimes forced to rely upon your wits to solve a problem. In the ground wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, literally lives were at stake and lives were lost because of mechanical doo-dads that failed to work at a crucial time. You and I know that, albeit in different times, and in your case, the fear of weapons failure is much more intense and real. The most fearful feeling I ever had was take the M4 off safety and hope this Air Force issued rifle would work. These ya-hoos do not have these knowledge and feelings, not even like mine. Ever. To them, war and combat, the way they talk about them, is no more real than a video game. Hence the juvenile 'thermonuclear' this or 'megaton' that.

I have stood in front of a pair of B61s hung on an F-111E. They look plain and ordinary. Almost like external fuel tanks or even harmless travel pods. The Chinese members here do not know what the totality of fear -- emotional, physical, and intellectual -- is like. For me, when I stood in front of those B61s, the fear was intellectual. In my hands holding a WSO navigation cartridge, I had the fate of millions of human beings who never knew that their homes were at one time in history marked for nuclear destruction. China does not allow these guys proximity to a .22 caliber bullet, let alone a nuclear bomb, so how are they to know even at the intellectual level, the horror of what they so casually talk about in dealing out nuclear destruction to the 'inferior' Asiatics they believe we are?

They do not even know how pathetic they look as a group in front of the world.

They are but conquered peoples. It is unfortunate but only a reactionary manner that they act such way. They have a history of being abused, conquered, and taken advantaged of by not only Western Powers, but also Imperial Japan. So, we should understand the attitude of some Chinese communists.

It is a psychological defense mechanism, to be exact, albeit an immature one.

Also, do you actually know why we need that amount of Sub, we don't just patrol the SCS/ECS/Pacific with all our 71 Tactical/Strategic submarine, we patrol internationally, for what it worth, I don't think we have enough for WORLDWIDE DEPLOYMENT, a term that Chinese navy can only dream of even in distant future.

Well said, my friend. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom