What's new

Japan unveils largest warship since World War II

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 5 years you're going to double your entire warship strength? List the new classes that are going to be placed into commission from now until 2018. No way in hell are you guys going to double the number of war-fighting ships in 5 years, or even 10.
Well Chinese building domestic type001A and type002 aircraft carriers so the A.C number will double(this year can see China 1st domestic A.C building), 052C and 052D DDGs mass produce now so the DDG number also will double, 054A still continue building in some shipyards(now 20x 054A) and 054B will soon so the FFG number will might reach 40x. During the time of 2013 - 2020 Chinese will invest more funds to navy development and building more warships. BTW our new nuclear attack submarine also will join PLAN, some guy told me 055 DDG maybe building at the end of 2013.

All will happen in next 10 years, so i personally suggest do it quickly later u will no any chance. China's goal is to build the largest Navy Power in Asia !

have a good trip! any plan to visit the carrier? LOL

are you nuts? but why?

Was carrier?

Why? Because fuq you, that's why.
No offense, but I would said the same thing to Chinese if I were a Japanese -about the topic of this thread.

Well Chinese building domestic type001A and type002 aircraft carriers so the A.C number will double(this year can see China 1st domestic A.C building), 052C and 052D DDGs mass produce now so the DDG number also will double, 054A still continue building in some shipyards(now 20x 054A) and 054B will soon so the FFG number will might reach 40x. During the time of 2013 - 2020 Chinese will invest more funds to navy development and building more warships. BTW our new nuclear attack submarine also will join PLAN, some guy told me 055 DDG maybe building at the end of 2013.

All will happen in next 10 years, so i personally suggest do it quickly later u will no any chance. China's goal is to build the largest Navy Power in Asia !

Really? So you are going to build 60 new submarines and put them into commission by 2018? And of these, another 11 nuclear-powered submarines? I guess you are also going to build approx. 100 new landing ships, 70 new destroyers and frigates, 120 new missile boats, 8 new corvettes, 230 new patrol vessels, 110 new mine vessels, and 5 new replenishment oilers, all by 2018!

I don't think that's what your government is planning, but if they are.... good luck!

I like how some Viets jumping around haling Japan, lol when they were also victims of Japanese militants during WWII. Might is right to those imbeciles. I would laugh so hard if Japan decides to go after some tiny SE Asian countries again.

Back to the topic, arms race sometimes is good incentive for a nation to unite and develop technological breakthroughs. Personally, I welcome interstate competition.

I like how some Viets jumping around haling Japan, lol when they were also victims of Japanese militants during WWII. Might is right to those imbeciles. I would laugh so hard if Japan decides to go after some tiny SE Asian countries again.

Back to the topic, arms race sometimes is good incentive for a nation to unite and develop technological breakthroughs. Personally, I welcome interstate competition.
We will demand an apology from Japan, but not now . We wont make the same mistake like in 1979 when we allied wt Soviet and took US-China-Japan-Nato-ASEAN as enemies :pop:

So did the german tribes with the romans,because they've admired the splendour of Rome,that didn't make them romans,did it now? Look dude,i've said what i've said to smack some sense in that "we're the master race and rightfull rulers of Asia" dude,i know that chinese as a people are a great one,even if i think that they're to agressive for their own sake right now.

In all honesty I dont think the chinese come close to the aggressiveness of the western countries. Our news outlets tend to focus on every little move china makes therefore it creates the false impression china is super aggressive. If you look at the USA on the other hand we have our hands in everything. Its only natural that their is some shifting around Asia.

Really? So you are going to build 60 new submarines and put them into commission by 2018? And of these, another 11 nuclear-powered submarines? I guess you are also going to build approx. 100 new landing ships, 70 new destroyers and frigates, 120 new missile boats, 8 new corvettes, 230 new patrol vessels, 110 new mine vessels, and 5 new replenishment oilers, all by 2018!

I don't think that's what your government is planning, but if they are.... good luck!
I didn't mention more about submarine building, just surface warships like A.C, DDG and FFG plans. About China submarine, new API submarines to replace the old , total number will reduce but new nuclear submarine will join. There's no any problem for China to improve main warship numbers from 10+x to 20x~30x, and indeed China building domestic type001A and type002 two Aircraft Carriers.

Just a helicopter carrier from Japan and Chinese people here are acting like their tails are on fire :omghaha:

On serious note. What ever changes in military doctrine by the Japanese is because of the aggressive stand of the Chinese.. If only they acted peacefully as they claim to be, Asia would have rallied behind them.. Instead they think they can bully their neighbors just as they wished..

Just a helicopter carrier from Japan and Chinese people here are acting like their tails are on fire :omghaha:

On serious note. What ever changes in military doctrine by the Japanese is because of the aggressive stand of the Chinese.. If only they acted peacefully as they claim to be, Asia would have rallied behind them.. Instead they think they can bully their neighbors just as they wished..

Maybe here for trolling. But I don't even see this as major news in any Chinese news websites and is not even being discussed by any major forums. Apparently, the government and the general public don't care.

do you know this so called "helicopter carrier" is capable of carrying attacking aircraft?

Japan's New Warship Draws Fire

2013-08-07 07:58:06 China Daily/Agencies Web Editor: Luo Dan

cri.cn

Japan's biggest warship was unveiled on Tuesday, raising grave concerns about the country's military buildup as observers said the vessel is actually an aircraft carrier, banned by Japan's pacifist constitution.

Tokyo's move coincided with Manila's latest efforts to upgrade its military, as the Philippine navy received a second former US coast guard ship. Manila received the first ship in 2011.

Analysts see the upgraded warships in Japan and the Philippines as efforts to gain an upper hand in maritime disputes with China, as well as a catalyst igniting an arms race that would escalate regional tensions.

China's Ministry of National Defense expressed concern on Tuesday about Japan's "continuous military buildup" and urged it to adhere to peaceful self-defense.

"Japan should reflect on its history, adhere to self-defense and the promise of following the path of peaceful development," the ministry's bureau for media affairs told China Daily. The ministry also called for Japan's neighbors and the international community to be "highly alert".

The Japanese military held a ceremony in the port city of Yokohama on Tuesday to show off its new 248-meter helicopter carrier 22DDH, which is expected to be a centerpiece of its naval power under the Self-Defense Forces, which are banned from aggressive action.

The Japanese-built carrier has a displacement of around 20,000 tons. It can accommodate 14 helicopters and will play a major role in disaster and rescue missions, as well as defend sea passages and Japanese territory, according to Japan's defense ministry.

But it is much larger than many countries' aircraft carriers in terms of displacement and deck length, and it can be easily and swiftly refitted to support F35-B fighters, which have strong combat capabilities, said Zhang Junshe, a senior researcher at the People's Liberation Army Naval Military Studies Research Institute.

"It is an aircraft carrier, and Japan just called it 'a helicopter destroyer' to downplay its aggressive nature," Zhang said. Japan, defeated in World War II, is creating regional tensions by breaking the postwar order, he added.

The vessel was named Izumo, the same name as the flagship of the Japanese fleet that invaded China in the 1930s.

Although the vessel is not 100 percent an aircraft carrier at the moment, it can be a platform for Japanese forces to train under circumstances similar to that of an aircraft carrier, said Jin Canrong, an international affairs professor at Renmin University of China.

Besides, Tokyo likely intentionally chose the date of the vessel's debut -- the 68th anniversary of the US dropping an atomic bomb on Hiroshima -- to woo public support for the government's military ambitions by taking advantage of sentiments about the attack, Jin said.

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has been considering developing a regular army, which would require changing the Constitution imposed on Japan by the United States and its allies after World War II. But a possible overhaul of the Constitution has stirred strong reactions among Japan's neighbors, which have long maintained that Tokyo has never come to terms with its militaristic past.

"Washington, which currently is facing defense budget cuts, needs Tokyo's assistance to guarantee the US focus on Asia. ... This also encourages Abe to beef up Japan's military," Jin added.

China has always maintained that cooperation among countries should be conducive to regional peace and stability, according to the Ministry of National Defense's response to US-Philippine military cooperation.

Manila said last week that Washington had stepped up its military assistance package in the next fiscal year to about $50 million from $30 million, the highest level since US troops returned to the Philippines in 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom