What's new

Japan may boost immigrant numbers

51% of Japanese support immigration, double from 2010 survey

The majority of Japanese support a more open immigration policy with the number of those willing to accept foreigners who want to permanently settle doubling over the last five years, an Asahi Shimbun survey shows.

In the new poll, 51 percent of Japanese respondents said they support Japan accepting foreigners who want to settle, while 34 percent were opposed to expanding immigration.

The positive result was almost twice that of a previous survey in May 2010.

In the earlier poll, respondents were asked whether or not they supported accepting a large number of immigrants if Japan was unable to maintain the scale of its economy because of a greying society and depopulation due to a low birthrate.

Only 26 percent gave their support, while 65 percent were opposed.

In the latest survey, questionnaires were mailed to 3,000 Japanese adults on March 11. Valid responses were received from 2,016 by April 10.

Fifty-one percent also said they think accepting immigrants will solve the anticipated labor shortage in Japan, while 48 percent said otherwise.

Asked if immigrants can deprive Japanese of job opportunities, 7 percent said they strongly think so, while 36 percent said they somewhat think so.

Twenty-two percent said they strongly believe accepting more immigrants will worsen the security situation in Japan while 54 percent said they somewhat believe it will.

The Asahi Shimbun also commissioned a polling company in Germany to conduct a telephone survey to ask Germans if they supported the country’s policy of accepting a large number of immigrants since the mid-1950s.

It received valid responses from 1,000 Germans age 18 and older between March 11 and 24, with 82 percent saying it was good the country had accepted a large number of immigrants and 16 percent saying otherwise.

However, 53 percent of respondents said they believe accepting immigrants has led to a deterioration in the security situation in Germany, including 15 percent who said they strongly believe so.

AJ201504180036.jpg

51% of Japanese support immigration, double from 2010 survey - AJW by The Asahi Shimbun

Good, I am a supporter of immigration as well, provided we flood ourselves with people like Larry Page, Bill Gates...etc. Unfortunately every single immigration scheme seems to be evil plan of elites.

Below, slumdog migrants shout Allah Hu Akbar while cursing french, despite of given given free food free house free unversity free monies....etc
2005 French riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Les_Evenements_de_2005.JPG

Hopefully we can have immigrants from China, Mongolia, Eastern Russia, Korea, Taiwan, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam et al!

Good, I am a supporter of immigration as well, provided we flood ourselves with people like Larry Page, Bill Gates...etc. Unfortunately every single immigration scheme seems to be evil plan of elites.

Below, slumdog migrants shout Allah Hu Akbar while cursing french, despite of given given free food free house free unversity free monies....etc
2005 French riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Les_Evenements_de_2005.JPG

Well , naturally, Japan won't admit refugees or unskilled immigrants with security issues.

what will happen if china japan north&south korea become one big country

Hopefully we can have immigrants from China, Mongolia, Eastern Russia, Korea, Taiwan, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam et al!

Well , naturally, Japan won't admit refugees or unskilled immigrants with security issues.

One word of advise. You may want to get those who create jobs for you guys rather than those who compete jobs with your folks.

Jobs such as nursing face a shortage in Japan due to low salary, meanwhile your elites are ranting "no one want the jobs". When salary rise, the shortage will disappear.

Wage arbitration through labor importation is cheapening labor in favor of capital. Those dangerous, dirty and tough jobs are long due for wage increment, and not doing so, the world elite is sinning against their people.

I always wanted to visit Japan, see the cities, experience japanese restaurants, see classic japanese gardens and visit the country side. The Japanese are very hard working people, they devote everything to their work, at least i am told. I'm not sure how that would fit in with, how you say...lazy cultures and people, in other words there would be difficulties integrating for some. I think it would be great to live in Japan, granted you have friends and family to keep you company, i'm not sure the Japanese would want me, i'm not wanted by anyone it seems.

I always wanted to visit Japan, see the cities, experience japanese restaurants, see classic japanese gardens and visit the country side. The Japanese are very hard working people, they devote everything to their work, at least i am told. I'm not sure how that would fit in with, how you say...lazy cultures and people, in other words there would be difficulties integrating for some. I think it would be great to live in Japan, granted you have friends and family to keep you company, i'm not sure the Japanese would want me, i'm not wanted by anyone it seems.

Well my Russian friend, we'd love to have more Russians in Japan. Russia and Japan are geographic neighbors and should develop cooperation with each other. :)

One word of advise. You may want to get those who create jobs for you guys rather than those who compete jobs with your folks.

Jobs such as nursing face a shortage in Japan due to low salary, meanwhile your elites are ranting "no one want the jobs". When salary rise, the shortage will disappear.

Wage arbitration through labor importation is cheapening labor in favor of capital. Those dangerous, dirty and tough jobs are long due for wage increment, and not doing so, the world elite is sinning against their people.

Not all of the nursing field in Japan is 'underpaid', as nursing is a very wide and varied field, you can go into administration, management, nursing education, nursing research, can go into nursing clinical work as a Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Anesthetist , Nursing Informatics. Advanced Practice Nurses or Nursing Anesthetists, Nursing Managers can earn as high as a physician in Japan or even more. The type of nurses that are in demand are not Advanced Practice Nurses, but regular staff nurses, or nursing assistants. And to correct you, yes nurses who are recent grads may not get paid as much (around $2,500 USD a month), but eventually with time and experience, can earn as much as $3000-$3500 USD a month. It is a decent wage.

Nurse Practitioners can ear as much as $5000-$6000 a month; Nurse Anesthetists can earn as much as Anesthesiologists and in Japan they earn a lot, over $100,000 definitely.

51% of Japanese support immigration, double from 2010 survey

The majority of Japanese support a more open immigration policy with the number of those willing to accept foreigners who want to permanently settle doubling over the last five years, an Asahi Shimbun survey shows.

In the new poll, 51 percent of Japanese respondents said they support Japan accepting foreigners who want to settle, while 34 percent were opposed to expanding immigration.

The positive result was almost twice that of a previous survey in May 2010.

In the earlier poll, respondents were asked whether or not they supported accepting a large number of immigrants if Japan was unable to maintain the scale of its economy because of a greying society and depopulation due to a low birthrate.

Only 26 percent gave their support, while 65 percent were opposed.

In the latest survey, questionnaires were mailed to 3,000 Japanese adults on March 11. Valid responses were received from 2,016 by April 10.

Fifty-one percent also said they think accepting immigrants will solve the anticipated labor shortage in Japan, while 48 percent said otherwise.

Asked if immigrants can deprive Japanese of job opportunities, 7 percent said they strongly think so, while 36 percent said they somewhat think so.

Twenty-two percent said they strongly believe accepting more immigrants will worsen the security situation in Japan while 54 percent said they somewhat believe it will.

The Asahi Shimbun also commissioned a polling company in Germany to conduct a telephone survey to ask Germans if they supported the country’s policy of accepting a large number of immigrants since the mid-1950s.

It received valid responses from 1,000 Germans age 18 and older between March 11 and 24, with 82 percent saying it was good the country had accepted a large number of immigrants and 16 percent saying otherwise.

However, 53 percent of respondents said they believe accepting immigrants has led to a deterioration in the security situation in Germany, including 15 percent who said they strongly believe so.

AJ201504180036.jpg

51% of Japanese support immigration, double from 2010 survey - AJW by The Asahi Shimbun

There is another problem which uniquely belongs to Japan, the women don't work.

what will happen if china japan north&south korea become one big country
Japan and South Korea embrace the western “individualism” way more than they should,the traditional family values are decaying,resulting the ultra low birth rate. I consider them half asian half western now. China should do anything possible to avoid their path before it‘s too late.

A more cheering idea would be we befriend with the SE asian countries,they are still poor but they are still asian.China should be the defender of asian values not the follower of western ones.

Japan and South Korea can have each other :lol:

Japan and South Korea embrace the western “individualism” way more than they should,the traditional family values are decaying,resulting the ultra low birth rate. I consider them half asian half western now. China should do anything possible to avoid their path before it‘s too late.

A more cheering idea would be we befriend with the SE asian countries,they are still poor but they are still asian.China should be the defender of asian values not the follower of western ones.

Japan and South Korea can have each other :lol:

Surely you're mistaken. Individualism is still a foreign concept in Japan, which is verily much collectivist in nature.

There is another problem which uniquely belongs to Japan, the women don't work.

Yes, in Japan women are expected to maintain the traditional role. But that is something that is slowly changing.

Back
Top Bottom