What's new

Japan may boost immigrant numbers

People mountain people sea at Hankou Railway Station and Hankou Railway Metro Station. MORE immigrants to China as you recommend? @Bussard Ramjet
屏幕快照 2015-04-19 17.25.15.png
屏幕快照 2015-04-19 17.23.35.png
屏幕快照 2015-04-19 17.24.00.png
屏幕快照 2015-04-19 17.24.13.png

@Nihonjin1051 @Bussard Ramjet
For China, most land is actually uninhabitable.
The cultivated land is even smaller than India. I am happy Indian population will surpass China's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heihe–Tengchong_Line
This imaginary line divides the territory of China as follows (going by 1935 statistics):
  • West of the line: 64% of the area, but only 4% of the population (1935)
  • East of the line: 36% of the area, but 96% of the population (1935)
According to 2002 statistics they are as follows:
  • West of the line: 57% of the area, but only 6% of the population (2002)
  • East of the line: 43% of the area, but 94% of the population (2002)
China is not "functionally" big as people think. And China is not so blessed as US.
The distribution of control-access expressways is obvious.
屏幕快照 2015-04-19 17.48.15.png

88ac59c1nc515da32efb1&690.jpeg

Even east to China, quite a huge proportion of land is uninhabitable to some extent.
Jiuhua Mountains, Anhui Province, Central China
屏幕快照 2015-04-19 17.54.10.png

Western Zhejiang Province, Eastern China
屏幕快照 2015-04-19 17.58.27.png

@Bussard Ramjet The case of China is productivity of Chinese workers is still low. No need to import low-equality labour now. I'd like to see the total population of China descends to 0.6-0.8 billion, I won't worry about it at all. When the total population is small and productivity high, resources distributed to a person will be high. To me, Indian demography is a bad example, over population but extremely low productivity and high youth unemployment. Chinese government is not stupid as you said. It's quite absurd that you assume they don't know the issue. The priority is not to introduce immigration, but boost productivity per capita.

Last edited:
If you want to see the negative effects of trying to mix culture, look what happened to us - we have a Westernized culture that many in Asia rejects the notion that we Filipinos are Asians and at the same time Westerners see us as Asians despite the latter and Latin Americans don't see us as the same despite having similar Hispanic traits and cultural history.

This would also pave way for illegal immigrants entering Japan.

Multiculturalism sucks.

If you want to see the negative effects of trying to mix culture, look what happened to us - we have a Westernized culture that many in Asia rejects the notion that we Filipinos are Asians and at the same time Westerners see us as Asians despite the latter and Latin Americans don't see us as the same despite having similar Hispanic traits and cultural history.

This would also pave way for illegal immigrants entering Japan.

Multiculturalism sucks.
Multi-racism ok, multiculturalism is no success in Europe.

Back
Top Bottom