What's new

Japan exports fall for fifth consecutive month

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is interesting to compare Vietnam's GDP to that of any Chinese city. My city for instance.

Hong Kong - Population 7 million - GDP is $243 billion

Vietnam - Population 100 million - GDP is $130 billion

So they don't really have that much of an economic impact, especially when compared to mainland China which is $7.3 trillion.

the japanese's strengthening ties with Vietnam is both political and economical.

Politically Vietnam can be a part of the loop encircling us; economically when they are shifting their manufacturing bases away from China, Vietnam is a good spot for them to consider

I think if the Japanese are allowed to export their weapons, both india and vietnam will be their biggest customers! This is probably one of the key reasons why the Japanese are so keen on closing investment deals with Vietnam.

the japanese's strengthening ties with Vietnam is both political and economical.

Politically Vietnam can be a part of the loop encircling us; economically when they are shifting their manufacturing bases away from China, Vietnam is a good spot for them to consider
Here is the thing. Japan needs China's market to stay floating in the face of European and American competition. If they move their manufacturing bases away, they'll have to go through the process of getting their products into China. The custom process alone, if China decides to put further pressure on them, would render Japanese goods uncompetitive in the Chinese market. Also, China has gotten to a point where foreign capitals are alot less important than 20 years ago. We can now wield the economic stick against potential enemies.

I think if the Japanese are allowed to export their weapons, both india and vietnam will be their biggest customers! This is probably one of the key reasons why the Japanese are so keen on closing investment deals with Vietnam.
Japanese weapons are notoriously expensive, and I doubt India or Vietnam is interested in purchasing them. The way I look at it, they're getting desperate if they have to seek Vietnam as a partner, which is nearly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Here is the thing. Japan needs China's market to stay floating in the face of European and American competition. If they move their manufacturing bases away, they'll have to go through the process of getting their products into China. The custom process alone, if China decides to put further pressure on them, would render Japanese goods uncompetitive in the Chinese market. Also, China has gotten to a point where foreign capitals are alot less important than 20 years ago. We can now wield the economic stick against potential enemies.

If they decide to move their bases away from China forget about their re-entry into China for most of their products. they will capitalise on the low labour and land costs of Vietnam for other markets than China

Japanese weapons are notoriously expensive, and I doubt India or Vietnam is interested in purchasing them. The way I look at it, they're getting desperate if they have to seek Vietnam as a partner, which is nearly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

well you cant refute their technology. indians are their fans. if they can buy from USA and France they can surely buy from Japan. indians like to play these tricks of shopping weapons from everywhere!

I do not rule out their sales to Vietnam say as a barter trade for using the Vietnamese bases. If you look at the postion of Vietnam it can be used as an excellent strategic location overseeing Hainan Island and SCS!

If they decide to move their bases away from China forget about their re-entry into China for most of their products. they will capitalise on the low labour and land costs of Vietnam for other markets than China
Don't be ridiculous. My homtown has a large economy than entire Vietnam put together. China is Japan's largest export market, and you really think Vietnam can fill the gap in case Japan lost Chinese market? In addition, labour is only part of the total cost of manufacturing. You should brush up on your economics. Education, transporation, communication, customs and political stability all contributes to the total cost of products.

well you cant refute their technology. indians are their fans. if they can buy from USA and France they can surely buy from Japan. indians like to play these tricks of shopping weapons from everywhere!

I do not rule out their sales to Vietnam say as a barter trade for using the Vietnamese bases. If you look at the postion of Vietnam it can be used as an excellent strategic location overseeing Hainan Island and SCS!
Actually I very well can refute their defence technology. The myth of highly advanced Japanese military technology has been busted time and time over. As far as Vietnam goes, they're too close to China and too far from Japan.

this is good way to go in terms of both economy and politics. boycotting japanese goods hurts japanese economy. as the result, the ODA from japan to Vietnam and philippine will be reduced and cut. that hurts these two countries which are just like mad starving dogs. these two dogs will be starved and stop barking. :cheers:

this is good way to go in terms of both economy and politics. boycotting japanese goods hurts japanese economy. as the result, the ODA from japan to Vietnam and philippine will be reduced and cut. that hurts these two countries which are just like mad starving dogs. these two dogs will be starved and stop barking. :cheers:

Sorry, Who is a mad starving dog? Who is barking for its boss here? :coffee:

Don't be ridiculous. My homtown has a large economy than entire Vietnam put together. China is Japan's largest export market, and you really think Vietnam can fill the gap in case Japan lost Chinese market? In addition, labour is only part of the total cost of manufacturing. You should brush up on your economics. Education, transporation, communication, customs and political stability all contributes to the total cost of products.

easy redneck!I dont need another people to lecture me on economics!When USA invests some of its manufacturing buz to China some 30 years ago what was USA and China's gdp then? You didnt read properly before you babbled!

I am not comparing gdp per se!I am saying light and labour intensive industries like garment, toys ...!Vietnam sure has the advantage!

Actually I very well can refute their defence technology. The myth of highly advanced Japanese military technology has been busted time and time over. As far as Vietnam goes, they're too close to China and too far from Japan.

you can refute but you cant deny the truth of the advance of japanese technologies! vietenamese are close to China that makes them more dangerous if they decide to join the japanese + usa camp militarily. and you have conceded to my point the indians can buy japanese weapons!

easy redneck!I dont need another people to lecture me on economics!When USA invests some of its manufacturing buz to China some 30 years ago what was USA and China's gdp then? You didnt read properly before you babbled!

I am not comparing gdp per se!I am saying light and labour intensive industries like garment, toys ...!Vietnam sure has the advantage!
Again, brush up on your knowledge of China and economics before you talk. Even labour intensive industries such as texile and small manufacturing Vietnam has no advantage in labour cost, due to the existence of poorer provinces such as Guangxi, Yunnan, Gansu and Guizhou. On top of labour cost, China has better infrastructure in those places. If Japanese goods need to move through customs into China, their biggest market, that also adds delay and cost.

you can refute but you cant deny the truth of the advance of japanese technologies! vietenamese are close to China that makes them more dangerous if they decide to join the japanese + usa camp militarily. and you have conceded to my point the indians can buy japanese weapons!
What advance technology? AESA radar that can't identify target beyond 37km? Tank armour that can't withstand any modern tank guns? Systems that are manufactured under American license? The so called "advanced technologies" of Japan is nothing more than a modern myth only Chinese teenagers would believe in. The possibility of Vietnam joining hands with Americans and Japanese is nil, if their leaders' brains are not fried. We're right on their door step, with overwhelming military and economic force to punish them.

As far as Indians buying Japanese weapons goes, they should do it by all means. It only adds to their logistical nightmare. That way they'll operate Russian, Israeli, American, French, British and Japanese systems all at the same time. Good luck sorting out that mess in the event of a war breaking out. Oh by the way, Japanese constitution prevents export of all weapons. Your entire post reeks of ignorance and childish assumptions.

China with a vast market which is always attractive for Japanese capitalists.
However, if the Chinese make difficulties for the Japanese, they will have no choice but to shift investment.

ASEAN will certainly be a good replaced choice, and Vietnam is only one of them. The Japanese preferred to invest in Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Cambodia..., and Burma upcoming...

Lol japanese are surely masters in technology it is not a myth it is known fact... but expensive of course..

Again, brush up on your knowledge of China and economics before you talk. Even labour intensive industries such as texile and small manufacturing Vietnam has no advantage in labour cost, due to the existence of poorer provinces such as Guangxi, Yunnan, Gansu and Guizhou. On top of labour cost, China has better infrastructure in those places. If Japanese goods need to move through customs into China, their biggest market, that also adds delay and cost.

your common sense is getting outta hand。 I am not even touching on economics, where is gansu guizhou et al ? coastal or inland? what is the benefit of having a factory located near the port in vietnam versus a factory built in your above mentioned locations? And investors have actually been locating their manufacturing plants there in Vietnam; including those from HK!FACT! and you have failed to read my postings properly!what vietnam has started and is starting to have in their manufacturing sector is exactly what we have done in guangzhou dongguan jiangsu etc 30 years ago!
What advance technology? AESA radar that can't identify target beyond 37km? Tank armour that can't withstand any modern tank guns? Systems that are manufactured under American license? The so called "advanced technologies" of Japan is nothing more than a modern myth only Chinese teenagers would believe in. The possibility of Vietnam joining hands with Americans and Japanese is nil, if their leaders' brains are not fried. We're right on their door step, with overwhelming military and economic force to punish them.

well you have to go your own way I am afraid!Even the military experts who appear frequently on CCTV‘s program commented favourably on Japanese technology! I trust our military experts opinion fully and more than that from a PDF reveller who has no knowlege of what technology and economics are about!

As far as Indians buying Japanese weapons goes, they should do it by all means. It only adds to their logistical nightmare. That way they'll operate Russian, Israeli, American, French, British and Japanese systems all at the same time. Good luck sorting out that mess in the event of a war breaking out. Oh by the way, Japanese constitution prevents export of all weapons. Your entire post reeks of ignorance and childish assumptions.

you fail again to read my posts! I have said if they are allowed to /can export!

it is for the indians to worry about! you have lost your argument!dont embarrass yourself again with all these primary school comments!

It is interesting to compare Vietnam's GDP to that of any Chinese city. My city for instance.

Hong Kong - Population 7 million - GDP is $243 billion
Vietnam - Population 100 million - GDP is $130 billion

So they don't really have that much of an economic impact, especially when compared to mainland China which is $7.3 trillion.

I doubt the GDP number is correct. How can a poor country like Vietnam

# have 100,000 their offsprings studying overseas, with average tutation fee is about 10,000 USD?
# have a property boom, with 90% as Vietnamese buyers, in some areas like Hanoi real estate prices more than Shanghai?
# have one of most worst traffic jams in Asia, with autos flooding the streets, considering the high tax and cost if using autos
# have a 500,000 strong army, with 60 active warships including a submarine fleet (10 more added in the next 5 years), 551 active aircrafts, 1,000 tanks, hundred of modern cruise missles, etc...? being capable to take on China and subjugate the entire South East Asia with ease (just a thought, no offence to anyone here)
# have a higher living standard than China and most of their neighbors in Asia, as per legatum prosperity index 2012

Hong Kong (18), Singapore (19), Taiwan (20), Japan (22), South Korea (27), Malaysia (45), Vietnam (53), China (55), Thailand (56), Sri Lanka (58), Mongolia (59), Indonesia (63), Philippines (67), Laos (82), India (101), Bangladesh (103), Cambodia (107), Pakistan (132)
The 2012 Legatum Prosperity Index

I think Vietnam just makes itself poor to easily get aid from others. So that is good for us, I don´t have problem with that. :rofl:

Chinese tourists move away from Japan

display_image.php

SHANGHAI: Tourists from China will be heading to Europe, the US and Australia in droves during this winter break and also for next year's Lunar New Year holiday season.

Japan, once a long-time favourite holiday destination, will likely be replaced by South Korea as Chinese tourists switch preferences amid a territorial dispute.

Due to a dispute between China and Japan over a group of islands in the East China Sea, tours to Japan are still suspended.

There are hardly any advertisements for Japan holiday packages in newspapers or package brochures.

Tour agencies in Shanghai have started promoting their holiday packages, a few months ahead of the Lunar New Year holiday.

"A lot of tourists go to Europe to see ancient architecture. Shopping is also one big attraction," said Vivian Zou, the Asia Pacific vice general manager of China Spring Tour.

"As for tours to America, people visit famous universities. Australia is in summer when (China is) in winter, so the warm weather attracts a lot of people."

The Chinese yuan has also appreciated, making long distance travel to Europe, America and Australia more affordable.

Travel agencies say tours to Japan used to account for 20 per cent of their businesses.

Cruise tours were very popular, because of Shanghai's proximity to Japan.

But agencies found they had to adjust their packages, after diplomatic ties turned sour.

"Next year we plan direct cruise tours to South Korea," said Zhao Dexiang, the deputy general manager of Shanghai China International Travel Service.

"Since their tourism resource is less abundant, we decided to offer themed packages like beauty trips or medical trips to make the tours more attractive."

Travel agencies also plan to promote Southeast Asia as a holiday destination in the coming year.

Among the highlights are new attractions like Legoland and Hello Kitty Land Town in Malaysia, and the aquarium at Resorts World Sentosa in Singapore.

The number of Chinese outbound tourists is expected to reach 78.4 million this year, and the surge is expected to continue in 2013.

Chinese tourists move away from Japan - Channel NewsAsia

I think both Koreas and 'some countries' in ASEAN will be benefited the most by the high growth of outbound Chinese tourists the most.

Chinese tourists move away from Japan

display_image.php

SHANGHAI: Tourists from China will be heading to Europe, the US and Australia in droves during this winter break and also for next year's Lunar New Year holiday season.

Japan, once a long-time favourite holiday destination, will likely be replaced by South Korea as Chinese tourists switch preferences amid a territorial dispute.

Due to a dispute between China and Japan over a group of islands in the East China Sea, tours to Japan are still suspended.

There are hardly any advertisements for Japan holiday packages in newspapers or package brochures.

Tour agencies in Shanghai have started promoting their holiday packages, a few months ahead of the Lunar New Year holiday.

"A lot of tourists go to Europe to see ancient architecture. Shopping is also one big attraction," said Vivian Zou, the Asia Pacific vice general manager of China Spring Tour.

"As for tours to America, people visit famous universities. Australia is in summer when (China is) in winter, so the warm weather attracts a lot of people."

The Chinese yuan has also appreciated, making long distance travel to Europe, America and Australia more affordable.

Travel agencies say tours to Japan used to account for 20 per cent of their businesses.

Cruise tours were very popular, because of Shanghai's proximity to Japan.

But agencies found they had to adjust their packages, after diplomatic ties turned sour.

"Next year we plan direct cruise tours to South Korea," said Zhao Dexiang, the deputy general manager of Shanghai China International Travel Service.

"Since their tourism resource is less abundant, we decided to offer themed packages like beauty trips or medical trips to make the tours more attractive."

Travel agencies also plan to promote Southeast Asia as a holiday destination in the coming year.

Among the highlights are new attractions like Legoland and Hello Kitty Land Town in Malaysia, and the aquarium at Resorts World Sentosa in Singapore.

The number of Chinese outbound tourists is expected to reach 78.4 million this year, and the surge is expected to continue in 2013.

Chinese tourists move away from Japan - Channel NewsAsia

I think both Koreas and 'some countries' in ASEAN will be benefited the most by the high growth of outbound Chinese tourists the most.

They can come to us, 31 million tourists. When they come once they'll keep coming :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom