What's new

Japan Defence Forum

Nanking II. And shouldn't a lapdog fear the Chinese ? :rofl:
haha, just because Nanking, your lapdog so fear of us now . but I bet you US must be proud that your lapdog could commit such atrocity, just like you nuke your lapdog millions of livies, you two are really competing for human cruelty.

As for relations you are taking things very seriously here. Too seriously, I think as indians rises pakistan and india will try to have better ties. India knows that its the nest rising super power and pakistan knows that it cant have anymore strong economical countries as its enemies. good luck to you pakis.

We cant keep fighting each other forever. If they are sincere then even small peace steps are to be welcomed. Perhaps even not now but 100 or 200 years later we will have much closer ties as we wont be having wars with each other due to us both being nuclear nation. A time will come when this will happen and as for super power, If anything India is not the next super power. Not even close. Its china by far and I really dont think China will bring his downfall by going to wars left and right like Russia and USA did. Its a more economical super power then a military super power. It will have a powerful influence however not the amount USA enjoyed in the late 80's and the 90's since there were no challengers or rivals around as USSR was breaking apart due to sanctions and China was not that strong.

China will have a few rivals around definitely which shows why its focusing its rise on a more economical sense. Like i said you are being very serious here. You need to have more faith in your allies and your own countries might.

haha, just because Nanking, your lapdog so fear of us now . but I bet you US must be proud that your lapdog could commit such atrocity, just like you nuke your lapdog millions of livies, you two are really competing for human cruelty.

Hey, I'm SURE most dogs fear the Chinese.

What a moron.

Vietnam is a laughing joke, while Japan is your friend?

You don't know but the Japanese see you as nothing more than parasites. They hate your national character: licking the boot of the mighty and bullying the weak. Sucking the blood of other.

That explains the Japanese brutality against Chinese in WW2.

Since when I said that Japan is our friend? hahaha....you must dream too much about how China-Japan sink each other's boats...what a lunatic statement....and we don't care how you think they see us :lol: you can badmouthing all day long, you're and will still a laughstock as your ancestor....i think it's genetic they have badmouthing China for millenium and i'm not surprise that will be continue for your generation or generation to come. And for digging into the pass such WWII, go to check your own history on how much you got out of Japanese's occupation..go to learn more about Vietnamese Famine of 1945....just tooo funny for a viet to lecturing Chinese's WWII lesson...maybe die from stavation is more glorious than behead by Japanese katana.:lol: LMAO

Last edited:
I don´t know man. I´m glad italy has not interest in nuclear weapons. We dont want this in our country.

Why not? Italy is a major EU nation, very large population and a strong conventional armed forces. The French, and Brits have , but they won't allow Italy?

Why not? Italy is a major EU nation, very large population and a strong conventional armed forces. The French, and Brits have , but they won't allow Italy?

It has nothing to do with allowß The italian people voted against it. We dont even have a nuclear power plant in italy. it was stopped from building in democratic process.

It has nothing to do with allowß The italian people voted against it. We dont even have a nuclear power plant in italy. it was stopped from building in democratic process.

Well, that's fine. Italy doesn't really have to worry about the need of nuclear power plants, as she has plenty of resources and partners for natural gas, petro, and renewable energy such as wind and solar power. As for nuclear power; Italy is part of Nato, so it is quite safe from any foreign / external threats.

Video Update

140213-M-SV584-022.JPG

Japan's cabinet reinterpreted the constitution Tuesday to allow the country to exercise its right to collective self-defense, a momentous and long overdue decision that strengthens the security of Asia's democracies. Perhaps as important, it will force Beijing to contemplate how its aggressive behavior in the East China Sea invited Japan to take a more active role in the region.

While Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is hawkish and pushed hard for the move, changes to Japan's security environment made it necessary and inevitable. These include China's rapidly improving military capabilities and Beijing's use of force to alter the status quo on the disputed Senkaku Islands.

Beijing's foreign ministry reacted with suspicion Tuesday, and the state-run Xinhua news agency published a commentary accusing Japan of "dallying with the specter of war." But over the past five years China's bellicose rhetoric and unilateral actions have alarmed the entire region.

There is no question of Japan returning to its militarist past. As Tobias Harris writes nearby, this change will not remove most of the limits on Japan's military. Rather it is one incremental step in a process that may or may not continue, depending largely on China's actions. Mr. Abe had to compromise to win the support of his pacifist coalition partner, the New Komeito Party. So Japan's right of collective self-defense remains highly circumscribed, with offensive capabilities still banned.

The doctrine of collective self-defense will let Tokyo play a more equal role in the U.S.-japan defense alliance. Japanese Self-Defense Forces are unlikely to be the point of the spear in any conflict beyond the country's coastal waters, but they may take part in force protection, for example. Aegis-equipped ships could be integrated into missile-defense systems to protect both Japan and the U.S. against North Korea.

It's worth remembering that the Japanese public remains hesitant about weakening the pacifist constitution imposed on Japan by the U.S. after World War II. Polls conducted by several major news organizations this month showed a majority of Japanese oppose the collective self-defense reinterpretation. Because the Abe Administration used a cabinet decision rather than legislation to effect the reinterpretation, it is more vulnerable to a public backlash if the changes aren't implemented carefully.

Regionally Japan must also tread carefully, especially toward South Korea. Seoul reacted cautiously Tuesday, emphasizing that Japan would not be allowed to participate in collective defense on the Korean Peninsula without an invitation. Koreans' painful memories of Japanese colonial rule mean that this is unlikely in the foreseeable future.

There may be more scope to expand security relationships with other democracies. Japan has committed to supplying coast guard vessels to the Philippines and Vietnam, and it signed a deal with Australia to develop submarines together. Those relationships now have room to grow operationally.

Meanwhile, the Obama Administration's cuts to military spending, along with its unwillingness to follow through when red lines are crossed, has increased concerns in Asia about the reliability of U.S. security guarantees. Tokyo realizes it must prove its value as a partner to maintain America's domestic consensus in favor of the alliance.

Much has been written in the past year about the centenary of World War I and the parallels between Wilhelmine Germany then and the People's Republic of China today. Managing the rise of an authoritarian, non-status quo great power can be accomplished with statesmanship on both sides. But the ultimate guarantor of peace is the ability of democracies to unite to protect a rule-based international order against aggression. Japan's recognition that it must come to other democracies' defense is crucial to keeping the peace in Asia.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/japans-new-defense-posture-1404237509

We cant keep fighting each other forever. If they are sincere then even small peace steps are to be welcomed. Perhaps even not now but 100 or 200 years later we will have much closer ties as we wont be having wars with each other due to us both being nuclear nation. A time will come when this will happen and as for super power, If anything India is not the next super power. Not even close. Its china by far and I really dont think China will bring his downfall by going to wars left and right like Russia and USA did. Its a more economical super power then a military super power. It will have a powerful influence however not the amount USA enjoyed in the late 80's and the 90's since there were no challengers or rivals around as USSR was breaking apart due to sanctions and China was not that strong.

China will have a few rivals around definitely which shows why its focusing its rise on a more economical sense. Like i said you are being very serious here. You need to have more faith in your allies and your own countries might.
Fine, don't come to us for weapons any more. We could not afford to give them to a country which will help japan in any way it can to serve its best interests. go beg from japs.

Fine, don't come to us for weapons any more. We could not afford to give them to a country which will help japan in any way it can to serve its best interests. go beg from japs.

Ahh Pakistani bewafa nikle ?

Well it's quite reasonable from Pakistani point of view to have better relations with everyone as they want to progress and can't live in feudalism forever.

As for my point of view , wanna be best friends ? :azn:

TAIPEI -- Lawmakers from Taiwan and Japan called for more security and military exchanges between their two countries to confront challenges in the region, at an international conference in Taipei on Tuesday.
Taiwanese lawmaker Hsiao Bi-khim of the opposition Democratic Progressive Party said she hoped that in the face of the rise of China, Japan would increase military exchanges with Taiwan, including transferring military technology and sharing Japan's experience in using an all volunteer military.

She also suggested that security dialogue be incorporated into the formulation of a Japanese version of the Taiwan Relations Act (TRA), in an effort to build closer security ties between the two countries.

The TRA was enacted on April 10, 1979 to maintain commercial, cultural and other relations between the U.S. and Taiwan after Washington switched its diplomatic recognition from Taipei to Beijing.

The law pledges to help ensure peace, security and stability in the Western Pacific and to promote the foreign policy of the U.S. It also obliges the U.S. “to provide Taiwan with arms of a defensive character.”

Hsiao made the remarks at a session of the one-day Taiwan-U.S.-Japan Trilateral Security Dialogue forum, which was attended by lawmakers from Taiwan, Japan and the United States.

Speaking about the risk China brings to the region, Japanese lawmaker Keisuke Suzuki of the ruling Liberal Democratic Party (LDP), said that security cooperation between Taiwan, Japan and the U.S. is very important.

He agreed with Hsiao that Taiwan and Japan should increase security and military cooperation.

Although it will be difficult to add security clauses to a potential Japanese version of the TRA, some steps are needed, he said. A Japanese version of the TRA is still being discussed within the LDP, he told local media on the sidelines of the conference.

“Taiwan is an important strategic partner of Japan,” he said.

Other participants in the session were Taiwanese lawmaker Chiang Chi chen of the ruling Kuomintang, U.S. Congressman Steve Stockman of the Republican Party, and Japanese lawmaker Taku Otsuka of the LDP.

Now in its fourth year, the forum is also being attended by more than 20 scholars from Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, New Zealand, India, Australia, South Korea and the U.S. who will discuss issues of security and regional economic integration.

Commissioned by Taiwan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the conference is being co-organized by Taipei's Chung-Hua Institution for Economic Research, Washington-based think tank the Center for Strategic and International Studies, and the Institute for International Policy Studies in Tokyo.

More Taiwan-Japan security, military exchanges urged - The China Post

No matter how Japan will re-militarized, we chinese only need one word to answer it as how we answer to Hun and Turk in the pass->I dont know if it exist in Japanese Kanji

Back
Top Bottom