What's new

Japan considers building its own fighter jets

It is both the training and the superior military hardware plus force multipliers such as AWACS, ECM that wins a trophy. Please do not ignore the fact that before the demise of the Shah, Iranian Air force was not among but THE best air force of the region. The Iranian Air Force did lose her teeth over the period of time but was still in pretty good shape during Iraq Iran war.

Iran didn't have AWACS or ECM at the time and still beat the Iraqi Air Force.

Iran didn't have AWACS or ECM at the time and still beat the Iraqi Air Force.

It should also be impressed that during this time the Iraqi Air Force boasted both American and Soviet technologies, with potent Soviet training of their Mig-29 fulcrums and Mig-25s.

Who says Iran did not have ECM? Besides, Iran significantly employed F-14s in AWACS-like role. IIAF - F-4

Back when the U.S. Navy carried F14s they also carried Prowlers which they were dedicated for ECM. Iraqi MiGs and Sukois would also have ECM as well so it was still even for both sides.

Japan still to buy F-35, no doubt here.

42 to be exact, with plans to purchase an additional 100. We are also purchasing 17 of the Ospreys, with plans to purchase more orders once our 2nd Izumo Light Carrier is launched.

Japan is planning to retire some of our F15Js , soon. Who knows, I'm sure we can "transfer" some of them to our friends in the Philippines or Vietnam.

;)

are you going to provide the free spare parts as well or are you gonna overpricing them with such items, it's not a bad idea to make profit out of scrap yark things :lol:.

Japan considers building its own fighter jets

Personally I rather want Japan to build it own fighter and gradually get away from US domination, a strong Japan will never listen to US to lecturing them what to do and eventually US will become less and less significant in Asia, China stand no lost from that. We can be fear of Japan only if we sit idlely and do nothing while others are progressing.

are you going to provide the free spare parts as well or are you gonna overpricing them with such items, it's not a bad idea to make profit out of scrap yark things :lol:.

You underestimate us, i think. We donated 10 Coast Guard Ships to the Philippines, with no cost whatsoever. What makes you think we cannot transfer a squadron of F-15Js to them ? When we give, there are no strings attached.

You underestimate us, i think. We donated 10 Coast Guard Ships to the Philippines, with no cost whatsoever. What makes you think we cannot transfer a squadron of F-15Js to them ? When we give, there are no strings attached.

I surely not underestimate Japan, you can donate as much as you want, I just wandering about the spare parts for maintenance, are you guys gonna buy its from American and donate to Vietnam as well or they will have to pay for it? :lol:

I surely not underestimate Japan, you can donate as much as you want, I just wandering about the spare parts for maintenance, are you guys gonna buy its from American and donate to Vietnam as well or they will have to pay for it? :lol:

We produce everything of the F-15J Kais. If the Filipinos ever need spare parts, I'm sure we can sell them at very reasonable price. Trust me, if the Philippines were to acquire a squadron of F-15s, they would have Air Superiority Fighters that would give them the 'edge' in the region. I'm referring to the Philippines because they are a strategically valued partner of Japan.

We produce everything of the F-15J Kais. If the Filipinos ever need spare parts, I'm sure we can sell them at very reasonable price. Trust me, if the Philippines were to acquire a squadron of F-15s, they would have Air Superiority Fighters that would give them the 'edge' in the region. I'm referring to the Philippines because they are a strategically valued partner of Japan.

Even you're capable of making the spare parts, you think you can sell its without US permission thu enhance Japan influence in region, american will certainly not sitting idlely there. F-15J under Japanese pilot's hand can be challenge to China but under Pinoy's pilot's hand :lol: seriously something we need to test out before claiming to give them the "edge" in the region. And how Philippine is strategically value to Japan? unless you're referring to the first island chain :lol:

Back
Top Bottom