What's new

Jan 25 - Language Martyrs Day (Anti-Hindi Agitation Tamilnadu)

Indo-Aryan and Persian strife is of Pre-historic era, when history was not written chronologically and has to be deciphered from epics. Existence of Asura and Deva in Aryan literature proves strife, not other way around. There was no recording of history in 1800-1200 BCE, but history was recorded in 500BCE thus Persian-Elamite war are known in much more detail.

Aryans moved into Indus region btween 1500 to 1000 BC but it was only in 700 BC that their Aryan priest begun their oral incantation of the Rig veda hymns..

And your convulted sense of logic does not have a leg to stand upon. Indo-Aryans are not Persians. These are two different group who originated from a same ethnic group. The fact that Elamites were fighting Persians ,that too in 600 BCE not 1600, has no relation to vedic texts written in 1600 BCE.

Pre Zoroastrian Persians/Medes and Indo Aryans shared the same religious beliefs .The spiritual beings mentioned in the Avesta and the Rig-Veda, shows that the original religion of the Persians and Indian Aryans were similar and closely related.

The contradictory position of asuras portrayed in Avestan vs Rig Veda was due to the reformation wrought by Zoroaster in 600 BC, who perceived the gods (devas) worshiped in Persia where evil and deemed unworthy of adoration Zoroaster - "if the gods do aught shameful, they are not gods." This reformation brought about the reversal in the role of Asura in the Zoroastrianism after 600 BC.

It has nothing to do with civil strife between 2 Aryan groups, and to claim that there asura vs deva conflict as such is a fallacy, to back date Rig Veda to 1600 BC is an over exaggeration

Furthermore, in the context of later day Aryan text such as the ithihasa and puranas, e.g the Ramayana, Ravana and his clan are portrayed as asuras - demons

As if Elamites moving across whole of Persia into Baluchistan, is not a superhuman feat, you are also having a nightfall by thinking them as Asuras, While completely forgetting that Vedas were composed in Punjab-Haryana region of India, at least 500 Km away from abode that you are postulating for your mythical Dravidians (Elamites)

You are going over board with your imagination, did I make any claims on cross over ? I am just using the Elamo-Dravidian Linguistic hypothesis to substantiate the contradictory interpret of Deva vs Asura in the Persian and Indian text,

What is certain is that Rig-Veda was composed in 1500-200 BCE period as proved from linguistic studies ( It is a scienticif field of study of Languages, not some Kool Aid drinking Propaganda club). Your arguments does noy have a leg to stand on.

Oh really, please provide the supporting source to substantiate your claim, thank you

Last edited:
Aryans moved into Indus region btween 1500 to 1000 BC but it was only in 700 BC that their Aryan priest begun their oral incantation of the Rig veda hymns.

As i have stated earlier, you are a propagandist and does not have a shread of intellectual honesty.

No one know (and it cannot be found unless you have time machine) when Aryan priests started reciting Rig Veda,(although it is absolutely retarded conjecture that a text survived without being passed on to future generations,but i would play along to humour you). What could be known by using Philology and Linguistics is when Rig vedic verses were composed;and consensus among linguistics is that it was composed between 1500-1200BCE. Some take a wider estimate of 1700-1100BCE just to be sure.

Here from Wikipedia page.

It is one of the oldest extant texts in any Indo-European language. Philological and linguistic evidence indicate that the Rigveda was composed in the north-western region of the Indian subcontinent, most likely between c. 1500–1200 BCE, though a wider approximation of c. 1700–1100 BCE has also been given

Linguists, whose profession is to develop chronology of languages and Ancient texts are much more relaible than wet dream of a propagandist like you.

Pre Zoroastrian Persians/Medes and Indo Aryans shared the same religious beliefs .The spiritual beings mentioned in the Avesta and the Rig-Veda, shows that the original religion of the Persians and Indian Aryans were similar and closely related.

The contradictory position of asuras portrayed in Avestan vs Rig Veda was due to the reformation wrought by Zoroaster in 600 BC, who perceived the gods (devas) worshiped in Persia where evil and deemed unworthy of adoration Zoroaster - "if the gods do aught shameful, they are not gods." This reformation brought about the reversal in the role of Asura in the Zoroastrianism after 600 BC.

It has nothing to do with civil strife between 2 Aryan groups, and to claim that there asura vs deva conflict as such is a fallacy, to back date Rig Veda to 1600 BC is an over exaggeration

Did you conocted this bullshit or was it supplied by one of your Pseudo-intellectuals.

Both Indo-Aryans and Persians are descendent of same ethnic group called Aryans. Of course they had same Gods in the begining. The divergence between Persiand and Indo Aryans came about due to difference in values these two groups assigned to various Gods. Asurs are lesser Gods in Rig Veda while Devas are lesser Gods of Avestan literature. The very reason of migration could have been religious strife to begin with.

The contradictory position of asuras portrayed in Avestan vs Rig Veda was due to the reformation wrought by Zoroaster in 600 BC, who perceived the gods (devas) worshiped in Persia where evil and deemed unworthy of adoration Zoroaster - "if the gods do aught shameful, they are not gods." This reformation brought about the reversal in the role of Asura in the Zoroastrianism after 600 BC

This is again a display of blatant shamelessness and propaganda. It is wrong on so many level that it does not even begger a refutal.(but would be done to embarass you further, if that is even possible)

First; Zorastarianism developed in Eastern Iran, far far away from Fake Dravidian (Elamite) homeland of Elam.

Zoroastrianism arose in the eastern region of the ancient Persian Empire, when the religious philosopher Zoroaster simplified the pantheon of early Iranian gods

Second; you have a gall to state that Persians adopted culture of people that they annhilated completely. It would be a one off case where culture of defeated people supplanted that of victors.

Third; every scholar worth his/her salt or falafel believes that Zorastarianism developed from common Indo-Iranian religion, not Elam religion.

According to Richard Foltz the roots of Zoroastrianism emerged from a common prehistoric Indo-Iranian religious system dating back to the early 2nd millennium BCE.

Fourth; Ahura Mazada's characterstics are similar to Varuna ( an Asur) of Rig Veda. In Early Rig Vedic period, Varuna was the Chief god of even Indo-Aryans. He was supplanted by Indra in middle-Rig Vedic only.

Fifth;How come Elamites, who could never make contact with Indo-Aryans (unless they have a teleportation machine)? Your original assertion was that Elamites aka Fake Dravidians were Asurs of Rig Veda. How come they become Asur in text of people who did not knew that they even exist.

Sixth; Who is talking about Zorastarianism. Zorastarianism is like Hinduism which is a derivative of old Persian Religion (like Hinduism is a derivative of VEdic Indo-Aryan religion). It should not have been brought into debate, but since it has been; could the question as to why Ahura Mazada ( Varun, an Asur) was main diety of Persian Pantheon? Why is there no mention of Indra in Positive term in any old Persian text? If religion of both Persians and Indo-Iranians were same (not similar) why were their Chief Gods different?

Seventh; Do you even know characterstics of Ahura Mazada or Varuna. Both are upkeepers of morality and vindictive non forgiving gods. They are pretty much copy of one another.

Yes, Yes, Your mythical Zuper Dravidians teleporting to India is a more relaible theory than the one something which has been proved by linguists.

You are going over board with your imagination, did I make any claims on cross over ?

So according to you, your mythical Zuper Dravidian Elamites never come even within 500miles of Aryans, yet they are Asuras of Rig Veda.

Logic works in funny ways on Planet Periyar.

I am just using the Elamo-Dravidian Linguistic hypothesis to substantiate the contradictory interpret of Deva vs Asura in the Persian and Indian text

A Hypothesis which is as fake as rest of your post. There is no Elamo-Dravidian language family except in your fertile imagination. Kiene,aucun,Zlich, nada.

Oh really, please provide the supporting source to substantiate your claim, thank you

I could not post links due to lack of Post count and time spend on this forum.

But how hard is it to google Rig veda, or buy a relaible book on Indian history and culture.

PS: If you are bent on peddling lies like you are doing (in order to compensate for your inferiority complex), Don't bother replying. This discussion has gone long enough for everyone to know who has fact and logic on his side, and any further discussion would be just repetition of what has been stated.

Last edited:

Honestly, I have travelled many countries with multiple languages. Brazil is one fine example. There, you can speak whatever you want at home but the official language is Brasil Portuguese. Whether you take it or sit at home.

In our India, there is so much freedom that some people don't respect and play dirty language politics.
Our brothers from the army, regardless of the state or language, will feel so ashamed that this is the kind of moronic peoples they are protecting.

But then again, we have false flagging Moors who troll on language and have become something else from another part of the world.

I am glad that you accept your Muslim rulers are not your colonial masters
Nopes, I stopped you because language evolution was Sanskrit->Devnagri->Hindi and later Hindi(Khari Boli) mixed with Persian made Urdu.

Aryan - Dravidian divide can be traced to the Vedas, DNA studies are not 100 % foolproof , even a monkey can share a similar DNA with you.
Go ahead, share a "verse" from "Rigved" which talks about Aryan and Dravidians. Good luck with that.

Also, "Thank you" Scientist for DNA studies.

Rubbish , Aryans looted the Tamis'l gods, scriptures etc and super-imposed them with Aryan Vedic brahmnical concepts - through myths - puranas , a task initiated and accomplished by Sankaracharya in the 11th century. The original source of evidence destroyed using the Asura - demonic pretext as justification.
ok, So from where Shankaracharya belonged who re-defined Hinduism? Oops, it was Kerala and last I checked it is still in South India. So, I should say actually he stopped my superiority as Aryan over Dravidians. Damn you, Sir!!

Please read and read again and once you are tired, read again. It is good habit. Just for start.

http://www.indiaforum.org/india/hinduism/aryan/page18.html

Both Indo-Aryans and Persians are descendent of same ethnic group called Aryans. Of course they had same Gods in the begining. The divergence between Persiand and Indo Aryans came about due to difference in values these two groups assigned to various Gods. Asurs are lesser Gods in Rig Veda while Devas are lesser Gods of Avestan literature. The very reason of migration could have been religious strife to begin with.

1) The culture of respecting Asuras is prevalent in Dravidian culture e.g
a) Celebrating the return of the Asura King Bali to his Kingdom
b) The remembrance and honoring Narakasura , Ravana

As your theory - migration due to strife, does not meet historic standards, I have put up a more viable proposition - the Elamite -Dravidian element, based on the common treatment of Asuras by Persians and Dravidians as opposed to the Indo- Aryans

Second; you have a gall to state that Persians adopted culture of people that they annhilated completely. It would be a one off case where culture of defeated people supplanted that of victors.

They assimilated and were never completely annihilated, if the Aryans can incorporated locals beliefs why not the Persians ,
And today's Hinduism is only based on Vedic Hinduism and is not an exact copy.Being a polythiest Paganic religion it assimilated local beliefs,

Fifth;How come Elamites, who could never make contact with Indo-Aryans (unless they have a teleportation machine)? Your original assertion was that Elamites aka Fake Dravidians were Asurs of Rig Veda. How come they become Asur in text of people who did not knew that they even exist.

You have to pose this question to the proponents of the Elamo-Dravidian hypothesis

The Elamo-Dravidian language family is a hypothesised language family that links theDravidian languages of India to the extinctElamite language of ancient Elam (present-day southwestern Iran). Linguist David McAlpin has been a chief proponent of the Elamo-Dravidian hypothesis.

Last edited:
On topic, I do find Tamilians to be too stuck on their anti Hindi hostility.

I mean, I am also not a Hindi speaker. Most states of India have their own language. But as a country we need to talk to one another right? Or is it going to be a Tower of Babel with everyone speaking their own tongue?

Ergo, India and Indians needs a link language. Don't call it national language if it irritates you so much. But you do need a link language. And it is absurd to expect English, a foreign tongue, spoken by barely a hundred million elite Indians, to be that language.

On the other hand Tamil is spoken by what? About 40 million? In list of regional language by native speakers, if I am not mistaken, Tamil comes in 6th or 7th.

Hindi on the other hand is the mother tongue of about 500 million. And can be understood and conversed in by most everyone else, to some degree.

Where is the argument? Yes how it was done in the past was crude. But forget the past. Look at the present and the future. Do you want to talk to each other as countrymen or do you want to talk past each other?

recently there was a sampede to get english medium school seat in lucknow and u are telling importance of hindi to non hindi ppl.
even hindi ppl are getting educated in english to come out of their sorry state (pun intended)

Nopes, I stopped you because language evolution was Sanskrit->Devnagri->Hindi and later Hindi(Khari Boli) mixed with Persian made Urdu.

Khari Boli a dialect of Hindustani is Urdu

Go ahead, share a "verse" from "Rigved" which talks about Aryan and Dravidians. Good luck with that.

Refer to the dasyus and Raksas - described as dark skinned (Krishnatvac), noseless (anasah) and phallus worshipers (Sisna devah) in the Rig Veda

ok, So from where Shankaracharya belonged who re-defined Hinduism? Oops, it was Kerala and last I checked it is still in South India. So, I should say actually he stopped my superiority as Aryan over Dravidians. Damn you, Sir!!

What is the superiority that you are alluding ? I said Sankaracharya started the trend of looting and converting Tamil gods into Aryan vedic gods via fabricated myths, from 11th AD onwards

recently there was a sampede to get english medium school seat in lucknow and u are telling importance of hindi to non hindi ppl.
even hindi ppl are getting educated in english to come out of their sorry state (pun intended)

Brother, numbers do not lie.

Very optimistic expansive figures put the number of English speaking (not proficient mind you, various shades of grey inclusive) Indians at 100 million. Even by conservative extrapolated estimates based on national distribution, at least 50 million of these if not more would be Hindi speaking as well.

Just the population of Hindi speaking (Hindi as mother tongue) states in India alone stands at close to 500 million.

Tamil at around 60 million stands 4th behind Bengali (83 mn), Telugu (75 mn), Marathi (72 mn), in that order. Of these, Bengalis and Maharashtrians (155 mn) can speak and understand Hindi, and so can a significant chunk of Telugu speakers.

Followed by Urdu (52 mn), Gujarati (46 mn), Kannada (38 mn), Oriya (33 mn), Malyalam (33 mn), and Punjabi (29 mn), Assamese (13 mn), Maithili (12 mn), as the other major language groups (> 10 mn speakers). Of these Urdu, Gujarati, Oriya, Punjabi, Assamese, and Maithili speakers (a total of 185 mn) can definitely speak and understand Hindi, even if you remove the whole population of Kannada and Malyalam speakers (which you and I both know is not the case).

So in addition to 500 million native Hindi speakers, you have AT LEAST another 350 million non-Hindi speakers who can at least understand and converse in Hindi.

This is only counting the major Language groups above 10 million speakers. You know how many language groups India actually has in total, major and minor? How many of them do you think would know a little Hindi enough to understand and converse with, however broken?

Now compare all of the above numbers with your choice - English ......

The answer is clear. Some of us just refuse to see it out of misplaced ego. No one needs to force anything on to anyone. A country that stays together has to speak to one another. For that they nee to understand what the other guy is saying. Can you think of a better link language than Hindi for that?

If so, show me the numbers.

Brother, numbers do not lie.

Very optimistic expansive figures put the number of English speaking (not proficient mind you, various shades of grey inclusive) Indians at 100 million. Even by conservative extrapolated estimates based on national distribution, at least 50 million of these if not more would be Hindi speaking as well.

Just the population of Hindi speaking (Hindi as mother tongue) states in India alone stands at close to 500 million.

Tamil at around 60 million stands 4th behind Bengali (83 mn), Telugu (75 mn), Marathi (72 mn), in that order. Of these, Bengalis and Maharashtrians (155 mn) can speak and understand Hindi, and so can a significant chunk of Telugu speakers.

Followed by Urdu (52 mn), Gujarati (46 mn), Kannada (38 mn), Oriya (33 mn), Malyalam (33 mn), and Punjabi (29 mn), Assamese (13 mn), Maithili (12 mn), as the other major language groups (> 10 mn speakers). Of these Urdu, Gujarati, Oriya, Punjabi, Assamese, and Maithili speakers (a total of 185 mn) can definitely speak and understand Hindi, even if you remove the whole population of Kannada and Malyalam speakers (which you and I both know is not the case).

So in addition to 500 million native Hindi speakers, you have AT LEAST another 350 million non-Hindi speakers who can at least understand and converse in Hindi.

This is only counting the major Language groups above 10 million speakers. You know how many language groups India actually has in total, major and minor? How many of them do you think would know a little Hindi enough to understand and converse with, however broken?

Now compare all of the above numbers with your choice - English ......

The answer is clear. Some of us just refuse to see it out of misplaced ego. No one needs to force anything on to anyone. A country that stays together has to speak to one another. For that they nee to understand what the other guy is saying. Can you think of a better link language than Hindi for that?

If so, show me the numbers.
dude dont go by numbers my simple advice.

Whether u like it or not northies are going learn englsih, its all economics silly, the time taken to learn hindi for 60 million through force is same as time it will take for hindi wallas to learn english which is happening unforced (its a parallel task)...

and dont insult anylangauge by comparing to hindi esp. with numbers... do u want to move to bimaru states/pakistan with hindi language or to singapore/malaysia where tamil will help as it is official and semi official respectively.

its all econommics inspiteof overwhelming numbers hindi is woefully underachieving
while u can emigrate to developed countries singapore and malaysia with tamil being useful

Whether u like it or not northies are going learn englsih, its all economics silly, the time taken to learn hindi for 60 million through force is same as time it will take for hindi wallas to learn english which is happening unforced (its a parallel task)...

and dont insult anylangauge by comparing to hindi esp. with numbers... do u want to move to bimaru states/pakistan with hindi language or to singapore/malaysia where tamil will help as it is official and semi official respectively.

its all econommics inspiteof overwhelming numbers hindi is woefully underachieving
while u can emigrate to developed countries singapore and malaysia with tamil being useful

What crap are you spouting man. I give up.

"Hindi wallas" ? "Northies" ?

How about I start referring to you guys as khatta paanis, tambis, illads, southies or even kallu mamas?

You are speaking about your countrymen. Maintain some decorum on a board populated by Pakistanis and Chinese.

And please dont use words like ego, we tamils are pragmatic and practical we do what is best for us else we wouldnt be what we are.. if tomorow hindi knowledge amounts to something we will gladly learn it presently tamil and if needed we are learning english, allow us to improve our self more peacefully dont try to make us waste time on wastful things like learning hindi

Burn your passport, go to Malaysia and speak ONLY Tamil ( I like Tamil btw)and seek refugee status. Then (when you come back) write about your Experiments with Truth. :enjoy:

we tamils are pragmatic and practical we do what is best for us
No one is forcing you speak Hindi if you don't want to. But pragmatic? Practical? Really? Your political leaders that you choose are no better than Mulayam and Akhilesh. :P

Burn your passport, go to Malaysia and speak ONLY Tamil ( I like Tamil btw)and seek refugee status. Then (when you come back) write about your Experiments with Truth. :enjoy:

dude we look down on u guys, u take our advice, we dont

No one is forcing you speak Hindi if you don't want to. But pragmatic? Practical? Really? Your political leaders that you choose are no better than Mulayam and Akhilesh. :P

thats why we are top performing state ,comparing us with UP lol :D..

but i guess north is retardness, left ruled kerala and bengal but see the social indices of both the states, are u guys inherently underachieving?

Aryans moved into Indus region btween 1500 to 1000 BC but it was only in 700 BC that their Aryan priest begun their oral incantation of the Rig veda hymns..
Are you using the time machine invented by some nutjob Iranian scientist? Gotta break it to you - it is a hallucinogen, not a time machine.

Back
Top Bottom