Status
Not open for further replies.

Iggy

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Jammu and Kashmir's first girl band decides to quit following fatwa

Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir's first girl band has decided to call it quits after a fatwa was issued against them by the valley's Grand Mufti. While issuing a fatwa, the Mufti had called for women to wear a veil at all times.
He claimed that public performances by women were un-Islamic and obscene. The rock band 'Pragaash' had earlier decided to give up live performances following threats by extremists on Facebook.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, however, has stood firmly in support of the Class 10 girls. He ordered an inquiry into the threats they faced.

The opposition People's Democratic Party too backed the girls and demanded that the state protect them.

'Women must be in purdah at all times'

Slamming the girl band, Grand Mufti Bashir-ud-Din said that women must observe purdah at all times. "The way these girls dress up, in revealing clothes, it is not good. They should be blamed if anything wrong happens to them. Because they invited men, and it's not the opposite's gender's fault," he said.
He continued, "I would suggest, that whatever they want to do, they should do it within the confines of their homes in front of the women members of the family. They should not do anything publicly. I would like to suggest parents of such girls not to support them. They should sing in their rooms, in front of their mothers, sisters, daughters. Singing in public, in front of unknown men, I do not appreciate that.
"They should remain within their limits. They should remain in veil, and should always cover their head. This is the most important aspect. If they go out they should be in veil, and specially keep their head covered always, even in front of relatives. Because it is said that open hair attracts men."
The Grand Mufti ended by saying that women must not perform in public, as otherwise, there would be no difference between "our women and film actresses".

Jammu and Kashmir's first girl band decides to quit following fatwa- Jammu and Kashmir- IBNLive

This is the future that awaits forward thinking Kashmiri women from the Valley if they become independent

Live TV | Watch Times Now, Zoom TV, India TV, ET Now, Star Ananda, Star Majha, Star News, Headlines Today, Aajtak, Sahara Samay, Manorama News Online - Indiatimes Live

Yaar this Muslim leader spoke beautiful words. I respect this man. This guy represents true Muslims. Hats off to this guy. Simply speechless.

He also said that its been tried to change the geography and social system of Kashmir. Thank god we have sane people. Hope this help in improving Kashmir and get rid of these extremist elements.

Jammu and Kashmir's first girl band decides to quit following fatwa

Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir's first girl band has decided to call it quits after a fatwa was issued against them by the valley's Grand Mufti. While issuing a fatwa, the Mufti had called for women to wear a veil at all times.
He claimed that public performances by women were un-Islamic and obscene. The rock band 'Pragaash' had earlier decided to give up live performances following threats by extremists on Facebook.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, however, has stood firmly in support of the Class 10 girls. He ordered an inquiry into the threats they faced.

The opposition People's Democratic Party too backed the girls and demanded that the state protect them.

'Women must be in purdah at all times'

Slamming the girl band, Grand Mufti Bashir-ud-Din said that women must observe purdah at all times. "The way these girls dress up, in revealing clothes, it is not good. They should be blamed if anything wrong happens to them. Because they invited men, and it's not the opposite's gender's fault," he said.
He continued, "I would suggest, that whatever they want to do, they should do it within the confines of their homes in front of the women members of the family. They should not do anything publicly. I would like to suggest parents of such girls not to support them. They should sing in their rooms, in front of their mothers, sisters, daughters. Singing in public, in front of unknown men, I do not appreciate that.
"They should remain within their limits. They should remain in veil, and should always cover their head. This is the most important aspect. If they go out they should be in veil, and specially keep their head covered always, even in front of relatives. Because it is said that open hair attracts men."
The Grand Mufti ended by saying that women must not perform in public, as otherwise, there would be no difference between "our women and film actresses".

Jammu and Kashmir's first girl band decides to quit following fatwa- Jammu and Kashmir- IBNLive

:hitwall::hitwall: :( How come this shameless wormless idiot became Grand Mufti when he cannot even give full freedom to women's. Its clearly specified that burqah is not compulsory thing.
And they want to keep them confined to home. Can Omar throw him out?

have they decided to really quit singing? :(

:hitwall::hitwall: :( How come this shameless wormless idiot became Grand Mufti when he cannot even give full freedom to women's. Its clearly specified that burqah is not compulsory thing.
And they want to keep them confined to home. Can Omar throw him out?

have they decided to really quit singing? :(

Unfortunately, yes.. They are just kids mate.. They will be easily terrified by the hues and cries of these kind of morons..

Unfortunately, yes.. They are just kids mate.. They will be easily terrified by the hues and cries of these kind of morons..

Now where are the so called thakedars of islam? Womens terrorised by us? Even in the last thread regarding the girls i started there was no single **** comment.

What a shame - these fatwa issuing Mullah's should be loaded on a rocket and fired into space.
What a waste of rocket fuel! :fie: Just burn these a$$holes with subsidised kerosine. :angry:

:hitwall: How come this shameless wormless idiot became Grand Mufti.
Because only shameless wormless idiots become mullahs and muftis!! :cheesy: :D

(By the way, WTF is 'wormless'???? :what: )

Nothing should come in the way of a persons independence and free will. That goes for the girl bands right to play music if they wish and for the Kashmir conflict. They shouldn't have surrendered to a fatwa. Every musician gets them. When my ghazals and songs get out I might too...

But does make me wonder those distant relatives and Ansaris talking about freedom for Hyderabad are not likely to get it when Kashmir where the majority wants it doesn't.

Man, are you kidding. No one cares about what a mullah says. Zeb and Haniya, Shehzad Roy even Sania Mirza has fatwas against her by such and such mullahs. Who cares? The girls shouldn't have quit if you ask me if they were really passionate about what they had going. I think this was that pro-Indian band so they could even request security or something if they feared attacks.

Meanwhile in Pakistan

Zeb and Haniya are both Pakistani Pashtuns - Enjoy. :pakistan:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom