What's new

Fatwa on Kashmir girls band stuns Iran musical group

Pakistani girl band, Zeb and Haniya are known for creating an entirely new cannon of jazz-influenced numbers and blues in Urdu. SAS Gilani, head of the Hurriyat thugs sees himself as a Pakistani, so why has he not commented about them and asked for their ban too in Pakistan? Because he knows he'll get a huge kick up his a$$ and strung out to dry by the Pakistanis.

Whereas he knows that the Kashmir government is a lame duck one which will just stand there petrified and do sweet fu@k-all!

23-copy-300x199.jpg

Nobody issued a threat. Mufti said, its unIslamic... I ask you again did you expect Mufti to say "Beti, zara achay se head banging karna".
As far as I know, no militant group gave any death threats. Social media jackasses were just writing nonsense, that can be written by any mischievous person.

Mufti calling their band unIslamic is not a threat, as far as I know when Fatwas are given to kill someone there is a declaration of "Wajib-ul-Qatal". If that didn't happen then, yes the media lied and manipulated the situation for ratings. As is the norm in India.
Kashmir girl group disband after Islamic death threats

An all-female rock band in Kashmir have been forced to quit music after receiving death threats.

The teenage group, who go by the name Pragaash, recently won third place at a battle of the bands back in December.

Since then, however, they’ve been labelled “un-Islamic” by critics online and even some of the country’s religious figures.

Grand Mufti Bashiruddin Ahmad issued a fatwa on the band, telling AFP News: “When girls and young women stray from the rightful path […] this kind of non-serious activity can become the first step towards our destruction.”

Now the Kashmiri police are investigating those who sent threats of death and rape to the group.

One of the band’s former members told the BBC:

“Music was our passion. We did not know it was haraam [un-Islamic]. There are many artists from Kashmir who are performing. But they did not issue a fatwa against them. They did not stop them… But we are being stopped. We respect their opinion and we have quit. But I don’t know why we are being stopped.”

Pragaash have received much public support, being sent a personal message of help from famed Bollywood composer Vishal Dadlani.

Kashmir girl group disband after Islamic death threats | The Line Of Best Fit

Kashmir girl group disband after Islamic death threats

An all-female rock band in Kashmir have been forced to quit music after receiving death threats.

The teenage group, who go by the name Pragaash, recently won third place at a battle of the bands back in December.

Since then, however, they’ve been labelled “un-Islamic” by critics online and even some of the country’s religious figures.

Grand Mufti Bashiruddin Ahmad issued a fatwa on the band, telling AFP News: “When girls and young women stray from the rightful path […] this kind of non-serious activity can become the first step towards our destruction.”

Now the Kashmiri police are investigating those who sent threats of death and rape to the group.

One of the band’s former members told the BBC:

“Music was our passion. We did not know it was haraam [un-Islamic]. There are many artists from Kashmir who are performing. But they did not issue a fatwa against them. They did not stop them… But we are being stopped. We respect their opinion and we have quit. But I don’t know why we are being stopped.”

Pragaash have received much public support, being sent a personal message of help from famed Bollywood composer Vishal Dadlani.

Kashmir girl group disband after Islamic death threats | The Line Of Best Fit

Point is, there was no DEATH threats, in the same manner as how Taliban issues death threats. Some people on social media ran their mouths.

Like that, I receive death threats all the time from forum members. Some of our senior female members have had it worse over the years, one person often gets threats against her child! Forum threat ko agar media DEATH THREATS banana shuru karde then this won't ever end.

Point is, there was no DEATH threats, in the same manner as how Taliban issues death threats. Some people on social media ran their mouths.

Like that, I receive death threats all the time from forum members. Some of our senior female members have had it worse over the years, one person often gets threats against her child! Forum threat ko agar media DEATH THREATS banana shuru karde then this won't ever end.
when it comes to religion then even forum threats should be counted.
people won't kill you for drugs and rape but when it comes to their faith they will do things one could not imagine.

please have a look on the official page of pragaash band.

when it comes to religion then even forum threats should be counted.
people won't kill you for drugs and rape but when it comes to their faith they will do things one could not imagine.

please have a look on the official page of pragaash band.

I can see arrests were made and no member of militant outfit was there. People are shoday baaz mostly and you can't get the police involved in every case. Of course if such a threat is made, and the police do inquire from us, we will cooperate with them. The threat determination is not our job.

But if it were, I would treat social media abusers as trolls and just ban them. Not create a media frenzy over it.

Moreover they are 15 year olds. I used to manage a few bands several years back. I know that most bands don't last for some reason or the other. Especially the younger ones. The Mufti did his job as per his Job Description, I don't totally hold him at fault. Maybe in hindsight, he could have ignored giving a ruling on 15 yr olds. But its his job to give such rulings and he gave it, he didn't threaten them himself. Other people threatened them and the police should have done these arrests immediately.

Pakistani girl band, Zeb and Haniya are known for creating an entirely new cannon of jazz-influenced numbers and blues in Urdu. SAS Gilani, head of the Hurriyat thugs sees himself as a Pakistani, so why has he not commented about them and asked for their ban too in Pakistan? Because he knows he'll get a huge kick up his a$$ and strung out to dry by the Pakistanis.

Whereas he knows that the Kashmir government is a lame duck one which will just stand there petrified and do sweet fu@k-all!

23-copy-300x199.jpg

Zeb and Haniya just someone new, Pakistan has female singers - famous ones - from pre-partition days till now.

Ok just a similar example, you think Nazia Hassan didn't have same problems as these kids? She had to go through hell compared to them. But ultimately Music culture defeated all odds.

But there's a difference in Pakistan Musicians have a history of being torch bearers of free speech and taking on Mullahs and Governments.

I think they should come to Pakistan for Coke Studio. Their music is very Pakistani like, not Indian filmi style, they are a rock band after all.

Kashmiris have lived to see militancy for nearly 15 years, these girls grew up with militancy. Most thread have been carried out. These girls know what they might face.
The mufti did not threaten them, there are others to do, like millat..

I can see arrests were made and no member of militant outfit was there. People are shoday baaz mostly and you can't get the police involved in every case. Of course if such a threat is made, and the police do inquire from us, we will cooperate with them. The threat determination is not our job.

But if it were, I would treat social media abusers as trolls and just ban them. Not create a media frenzy over it.

Moreover they are 15 year olds. I used to manage a few bands several years back. I know that most bands don't last for some reason or the other. Especially the younger ones. The Mufti did his job as per his Job Description, I don't totally hold him at fault. Maybe in hindsight, he could have ignored giving a ruling on 15 yr olds. But its his job to give such rulings and he gave it, he didn't threaten them himself. Other people threatened them and the police should have done these arrests immediately.

1.threat determination is not our job.
2.fake troll kids do this.
3.media hype.
i would have agreed to these points if i was living in some first world country.

you do know i live in india where these kind of things sometimes turn into communal riots or genocides.

Kashmiris have lived to see militancy for nearly 15 years, these girls grew up with militancy. Most thread have been carried out. These girls know what they might face.
The mufti did not threaten them, there are others to do, like millat..

Actually more like 24 years.

Pakistani 15 year olds have grown up in WofT environment and we are still churning out singers upon singers and models upon models.

At the end of the day, the kids were overwhelmed by the media.

Actually more like 24 years.

Pakistani 15 year olds have grown up in WofT environment and we are still churning out singers upon singers and models upon models.

At the end of the day, the kids were overwhelmed by the media.
you are comparing a massive country like pakistan(with plenty of area which are normal) with a disturbed area like valey. An all girl band in jammu or ladakh(same state) wont be even newsworthy.

Back
Top Bottom