What's new

Kashmiri girl quits band after fatwa !!

Indian friends, This is awful news - what if this Mufti and many others like should take to defying the state in other parts as well? What happens when they start attacking the system of education by demanding more content favorable to them?Why has this Mufti not been charged for issuing threats, for causing families to send their daughters away?? Why has there been no legal remedy -- Learn from the example of Pakistan, there is no reasoning with these people - it's either them or you lot can join us in hell

Sir it has become a big issue. People are now getting riled up with all these dramas from fringe groups. A muslim organization said that if girls don't stop singing their family will be socially boycotted.

Politicians are not speaking against these Muftis. The leader of opposition was asked, did she condemn the Mufti, she said No, she won't condemn him.

She said Kashmir is safer than Delhi for women. This is how these damn politicians are not standing against these Muftis and fringe groups. They are not ready to take any legal action. All are looking for Muslim votes.

Now the people of Kashmir are coming out to support these girls.

Problem is that this Congress govt. keeps silent for Muslim vote banks and is any action is taken against these Extremists, people all around the world creates fuss over it.

If we take action against this Mufti, people on this forum will say we are oppressing Muslims. So we are stuck in No Man's land.

But soon the wind will flow in different direction. All these extremists, whether Hindu, Muslim or Christians, try to take away fundamental rights of people, they will be brought down.

Yes Music is haram in Islam and if fatwa was only against that music is haram than he did completely right thing

I am sure nobody in this forum is surprised of your response. may I ask you one thing why is music banned in Islam ? all music ? or western music only ? is movies, dancing etc also is banned ? if yes then why ? is it for girls only or for men also ?

Yes Music is haram in Islam and if fatwa was only against that music is haram than he did completely right thing

But you were once saying you too listen to the music.

Just saw 1 and a 1/2 hour newshour with Arnab Goswami and i understood one thing . The real problem lies with the Omar Abdullah government and theJammu & Kashmir opposition . Why cant they just take a stand . Why has silence to be the priority in the valley :angry: . When will the youth of Jammu and Kashmir realise that enough is enough ??

It's a mistake to see "political" remedies, it is legal remedies that must be sought - and if that fails, then the Mufti should be made accident prone -- Don't get soft with these people, eliminate them, don't even attempt to reason with them - Look, do you really want any part of Indian society to resemble Pakistan? then it must be clear what must be done.

See, After this, because what they seek to impose a war of culture, a war of orientation, they will attack the education system

Just saw 1 and a 1/2 hour newshour with Arnab Goswami and i understood one thing . The real problem lies with the Omar Abdullah government and theJammu & Kashmir opposition . Why cant they just take a stand . Why has silence to be the priority in the valley :angry: . When will the youth of Jammu and Kashmir realise that enough is enough ??

they realised since many decades thats why they resort to stone pelting

Case against online abusers of Kashmir girl band

Jammu and Kashmir police have registered a case and identified several Facebook users, who had posted abusive and threatening messages on the page of the only all-girls rock band of the Valley.

“A case under Section 66 A of the IT Act and Section 506 IPC (Criminal Intimidation) has been registered in Rajbagh police station with regard to the hate messages posted on the Facebook page of the ‘Pragaash’ band,” a police spokesman said today.

He said the investigations are in full swing but refused to give any details.

However, an official associated with the investigation said, police have been able to identify at least six persons who had posted hate messages with the help of experts from the cyber crime cell.

“So far half a dozen Facebook users who had posted hate messages have been identified while efforts are on to identify the others,” the official said on the condition of anonymity.

He said the Facebook page of the band had received a large number of posts — mostly critical — and it would take some time to sift through all of them. “Arrests are likely to be made in the next couple of days,” he added.

‘Pragaash’ on Monday decided to call it quits in the wake of a fatwa issued by grandmufti terming singing as un-Islamic.

Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah was among a large number of political leaders, who extended their unflinching support to the girls, urging them not to quit singing because of a “bunch of morons”.

The Hindu : States / Other States : Case against online abusers of Kashmir girl band

^^^^ Some Internet warriors are going to jail soon :rofl:

Lets see how though they are with out the internet!! :wave:

Case against online abusers of Kashmir girl band

Jammu and Kashmir police have registered a case and identified several Facebook users, who had posted abusive and threatening messages on the page of the only all-girls rock band of the Valley.

“A case under Section 66 A of the IT Act and Section 506 IPC (Criminal Intimidation) has been registered in Rajbagh police station with regard to the hate messages posted on the Facebook page of the ‘Pragaash’ band,” a police spokesman said today.

He said the investigations are in full swing but refused to give any details.

However, an official associated with the investigation said, police have been able to identify at least six persons who had posted hate messages with the help of experts from the cyber crime cell.

“So far half a dozen Facebook users who had posted hate messages have been identified while efforts are on to identify the others,” the official said on the condition of anonymity.

He said the Facebook page of the band had received a large number of posts — mostly critical — and it would take some time to sift through all of them. “Arrests are likely to be made in the next couple of days,” he added.

‘Pragaash’ on Monday decided to call it quits in the wake of a fatwa issued by grandmufti terming singing as un-Islamic.

Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah was among a large number of political leaders, who extended their unflinching support to the girls, urging them not to quit singing because of a “bunch of morons”.

The Hindu : States / Other States : Case against online abusers of Kashmir girl band

^^^^ Some Internet warriors are going to jail soon :rofl:

Lets see how though they are with out the internet!! :wave:

it's easy to take action against a bunch of teenager's. what is govt doing against the mullaha who issued the fathwa? nothing.

What kind of idiots use Facebook to send ethnic/religious/communal hate messages?

Their name is right there on the profile. :disagree:

You should read those messages.. These guys deserve to be in jail for treatening those school girls..

Just out of curiosity, what kind of stuff were they saying?

I'm sure that incitement to violence is illegal in India, as it is in most of the world.

it's easy to take action against a bunch of teenager's. what is govt doing against the mullaha who issued the fathwa? nothing.

Mullah didn't threaten those girls, only issued Fatwa..

Girls were too afraid to do anything..

Last I heard, they rejected police protection..

Just out of curiosity, what kind of stuff were they saying?

I'm sure that incitement to violence is illegal in India, as it is in most of the world.

Some where even threatening to rape her.. Some says they are bringing shame to Islam and using abuse language..

I think the problem is that in facebook, both Indians and Pakistanis created profiles for the band and used it for their means..

I am sure nobody in this forum is surprised of your response. may I ask you one thing why is music banned in Islam ? all music ? or western music only ? is movies, dancing etc also is banned ? if yes then why ? is it for girls only or for men also ?
Music is haram for both men and women and the yes movies are also not allowed and haram and what your movies are promoting you can see the results daily in your country

But you were once saying you too listen to the music.
For sometime I used but even than I never considered it halal always knew it was haram and I should not do but now I have quit for some months

Music is haram for both men and women and the yes movies are also not allowed and haram and what your movies are promoting you can see the results daily in your country

Zarvan, you do considered David as a prophet of god right???

He himself was a musician..

Back
Top Bottom