What's new

Jailed Mohammad Amir blames PCB for lack of education

they might not go back at all to Pakistan. May end up applying for political assylum in britain due to various litigations that may surface in Pakistan & ofcourse threat to their personal well being!!
But can someone, who is a criminal and has been in jail, apply for asylum in Britain? What if they don't get it and have to go to pakistan?

He is playing ohh i am still baby card. This moron should think about his country rather than some dalliers. Looser.

I feel sorry for the guy.....I mean he's just a kid...they ought to have gone easy on him...

But can someone, who is a criminal and has been in jail, apply for asylum in Britain? What if they don't get it and have to go to pakistan?

unfortunately that is the reality in this country my friend. They can get assylum on humanitarion grounds if they can provide solid evidence that their life will be under threat if they go back!!

When you come from a poor family and are immediately thrust into a life of extreme fame and luxury, you end up feeling wanting more. It's only natural. The guy probably never considered the real consequences, should his actions ever becomes public knowledge

Jailed Mohammad Amir blames PCB for lack of education
By Reuters
Published: November 4, 2011

A newspaper front page featuring coverage of Pakistani cricketers jailed in the UK over match-fixing, is displayed at a roadside stall in Islamabad on November 4, 2011. PHOTO: AFP
LONDON: Pakistan fast bowler Mohammad Amir, jailed for six months on Thursday for his involvement in cricket’s spot-fixing scandal, has blamed the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for not educating players enough.
“I was not given enough information about the anti-corruption code by the PCB,” Amir told Geo News Channel in London shortly after having his bail application rejected.
The 19-year old criticised his former captain Salman Butt and team mate Mohammad Asif, also both jailed on Thursday for their involvement in spot-fixing, for slandering him during the trial.
“They tried to rubbish my reputation and name during the trial and when the time comes I will reveal everything about this case,” Amir said.
“I am really sorry for what has happened and I regret what I have done. I apologise to the Pakistani people for my actions,” Amir added.
“I never realised what I was getting into,” he said. “If at that time I had known it was going to end this way I would have stayed clear. I got carried away and it was the biggest mistake of my life.”

my sympathies are with you kid but I dont understand what you're saying here. You mean you needed lessons on, "if I throw a no-ball on purpose for money/favor, would that be wrong?"
I thought it was common sense.

is kameena kamran akmal ka bhi naam aya tha is man is kameena ko bhi jail bhijwana chaheya tha na

Hey amir dont blame anyone but yourself ..no one had gun over your head for match fixing . no more excuses...blame your greed ..blame your character which cannot handle fame.

Back
Top Bottom