Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Jailed Mohammad Amir blames PCB for lack of education
By Reuters
Published: November 4, 2011

A newspaper front page featuring coverage of Pakistani cricketers jailed in the UK over match-fixing, is displayed at a roadside stall in Islamabad on November 4, 2011. PHOTO: AFP
LONDON: Pakistan fast bowler Mohammad Amir, jailed for six months on Thursday for his involvement in cricket’s spot-fixing scandal, has blamed the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for not educating players enough.
“I was not given enough information about the anti-corruption code by the PCB,” Amir told Geo News Channel in London shortly after having his bail application rejected.
The 19-year old criticised his former captain Salman Butt and team mate Mohammad Asif, also both jailed on Thursday for their involvement in spot-fixing, for slandering him during the trial.
“They tried to rubbish my reputation and name during the trial and when the time comes I will reveal everything about this case,” Amir said.
“I am really sorry for what has happened and I regret what I have done. I apologise to the Pakistani people for my actions,” Amir added.
“I never realised what I was getting into,” he said. “If at that time I had known it was going to end this way I would have stayed clear. I got carried away and it was the biggest mistake of my life.”

i have some sympathy with this guy.

i mean he is just abt 18 and belongs to some poor background and not educated enough.

He could have been easily influenced.

He made a mistake and now must suffer the consequences. When committing the crime he was under 18. He was manipulated and used and followed the wrong path. If he was on tour away from family and friends one would have expected to see more responsibility on the PCB to look after his interests and nature him through the tour. They are as much to blame as he is. Salman Butt as his captain and mentor behaved disgracefully and i can clearly see a sense of bullying has taken place in this initially.

.... He was manipulated and used and followed the wrong path.

.... one would have expected to see more responsibility on the PCB to look after his interests and nature him through the tour. They are as much to blame as he is.

.... i can clearly see a sense of bullying has taken place in this initially.

And this mindset of Justifying one's action by playing the Victim card is Fair ?

Do you really need a ACU guidelines to report such a approach by your captain?

It's a simple as it gets. This blokes sensed easy money .. and grabbed the opportunity. You do not need any code of conduct to tell you whats ethical and whats a corrupt practice. This players acted on own. And they in no way reflect/represent the conduct of Pakistan Board or Pakistan cricketers. But do not Justify the wrongs of this players by disowning their own actions during the whole episode.

And this mindset of Justifying one's action by playing the Victim card is Fair ?

Do you really need a ACU guidelines to report such a approach by your captain?

It's a simple as it gets. This blokes sensed easy money .. and grabbed the opportunity. You do not need any code of conduct to tell you whats ethical and whats a corrupt practice. This players acted on own. And they in no way reflect/represent the conduct of Pakistan Board or Pakistan cricketers. But do not Justify the wrongs of this players by disowning their own actions during the whole episode.

Not at all. The players are the tip of the iceberg. Their may be other players involved and the hierarchy must be also held responsible. How many inquiries and trials have we already had and prior warnings of these misdemeanors? The behavior of the players is ans was disgraceful and cannot be condoned.

He made a mistake and now must suffer the consequences. When committing the crime he was under 18. He was manipulated and used and followed the wrong path. If he was on tour away from family and friends one would have expected to see more responsibility on the PCB to look after his interests and nature him through the tour. They are as much to blame as he is. Salmab Butt as his captain and mentor behaved disgracefully and i can clearly see a sense of bullying has taken place in this initially.

I think M.Amer should have been let go with a warning & some fine ....sad what a waste? thanks .

hewheheheheh very funny man this bastard behaving like he was kid PCB daily give her feeder of milk in his mouth ? he is bloody gambler take money and play for they .he went international cricket but know nothing wow what an idiot dump he was

That's baseless excuse. You dont need education for what you did, you are an adult and you should have known that and distinguish wrong from right.

That's baseless excuse. You dont need education for what you did, you are an adult and you should have known that and distinguish wrong from right.

When someone has entered the limelight of international cricket at the age of 16 and is around people who he used to go and watch and were his heros there is a need to protect and nature him in the right manner. He should have been better looked after by those that trusted him to represent his nation. What he did was very wrong - we are not doubting this. The lack of guidance must be questioned.

He had respect for everybody in the dressing room, and being the youngest of the lot, he blindly followed anything they said, and got caught up with Salman Butt.

I am sure they have looked into the angle that he was young and was possibly coerced/bullied into it, during the proceeding.

When someone has entered the limelight of international cricket at the age of 16 and is around people who he used to go and watch and were his heros there is a need to protect and nature him in the right manner. He should have been better looked after by those that trusted him to represent his nation. What he did was very wrong - we are not doubting this. The lack of guidance must be questioned.

Kaif: As i understand , A player has to sign on one of this guidelines document's. he is also shown video's on action to take if approached for any inappropriate actions. There is a Do's and Dont's guidelines that this Video's cover. All players go through this training.

So, how can we blame Pak board?

Back
Top Bottom