What's new

Jai Hind to be now official salutation of Indian Army

Technically Pakistani's are 100% correct, I don't know why my Indian friends feel offended.

On creation of Pakistan it was felt by some that India would assume the name Bharat.

By holding on to the name India besides Bharat , India retains the legacy of the name along with its historical and geographic connotations. those who wrote the constitution wisely added both the Hindi name Bhāratiya Gaṇarājya and its English version Republic of India.

This is resented by our Pakistani friends.

On creation of Pakistan it was felt by some that India would assume the name Bharat.

By holding on to the name India besides Bharat , India retains the legacy of the name along with its historical and geographic connotations. those who wrote the constitution wisely added both the Hindi name Bhāratiya Gaṇarājya and its English version Republic of India.

This is resented by our Pakistani friends.

why we will resent. your own Indians resent by taking offense at word bharat

why we will resent. your own Indians resent by taking offense at word bharat[/QUOTE

Pakistanis have resented even the name Indian Ocean.

Redirect Notice

Indians have no prob in the use of Bharat when spoken of in Hindi / Urdu .

However its use as a substitute to the word India in english is resented for the reasons explained earlier.

She's just yanking our chain man.

Look at her number of posts.

You think she doesn't have a clue what irritates us by now? :)

I followed PDF for almost a year or more before joining it.

Posts from Pakistani members like Oscar, Irfan Baloch, Fauj Historian, Rafeal, Jana was among the best things to read.
But seeing her posts now I guess some something got wrong with name change i guess, she needs to meet Numerologist Jumaani to work that out.

Hindusthan or Hindustan is mentioned in our vedas.

An alternate and infrequently cited theory on the origin of the word Hindustan puts it further the back in time. This may be based on the Sanskrit shloka from the Barhaspatya Samhita of the Rigveda (ca. 1700-1100 BC):
Himalyam Samarabhya
Yavadindusarovaram
Tam Deonirmitam Desham
Hindusthanam Prachakshate

Translation: "The country which starts from Himalayas and the borders of which reach till the Indian Ocean (Indu Sarovaram), has been created by devas and its name is Hindusthan.

Really Interesting

Thanks for Info Sir!

An alternate and infrequently cited theory on the origin of the word Hindustan puts it further the back in time. This may be based on the Sanskrit shloka from the Barhaspatya Samhita of the Rigveda (ca. 1700-1100 BC):
Himalyam Samarabhya
Yavadindusarovaram
Tam Deonirmitam Desham

Translation: "The country which starts from Himalayas and the borders of which reach till the Indian Ocean (Indu Sarovaram), has been created by devas and its name is Hindusthan.

The info was just out of the blue. Wow !

Ok why do many Punjabis in (Pak)Punjab regiment shout "Ya Ali" and not "Ya Punjab"....Think about it.

:cheesy::woot::rofl:
We have a great entertainer here guys.

BTW can you show us where you see Punjab Regiment using this slogan, "Ya Ali" or "Ya Punjab".:rofl: Sorry can't control laughter.

:cheesy::woot::rofl:
We have a great entertainer here guys.

BTW can you show us where you see Punjab Regiment using this slogan, "Ya Ali" or "Ya Punjab".:rofl: Sorry can't control laughter.

First understand the statement,the context properly and come back. If you did not know Ya Ali is a common war cry in Pakistan Army.

Himalyam Samarabhya
Yavadindusarovaram
Tam Deonirmitam Desham

But it was not said for republic of india it was said for the subcontinent as a whole.

I think Pakistani's prefer to use Punjabi version of 'Bharat' ie. Pronounced as Parat/Parati instead of Bharat/Bharatya used by rest of India.

Technically Pakistani's are 100% correct, I don't know why my Indian friends feel offended.

See different versions of Bharat in major Indian languages - Names of the Republic of India in its official languages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One Indian on the forum explained to me that it feels like its said with some emotion like (and I say this just to illustrate an example) "Sala, Bharti kahinka", you know with some real prejudice. Hence its a pet peeve of people on this forum alone. Never heard it being a problem ANYWHERE else.

Its also the official word for Indian in the Urdu language, pick up any Urdu dictionary.

This seems a bit like Heil Hitler eh:what:

But it was not said for republic of india it was said for the subcontinent as a whole.
Jo bacha kucha hai uski baat ho rahi hai, kehlata to Indian sub-continent tha na. :lol:

BTW, does your statement means other nations were created from Hindusthan. :D. That'll give Ticker a shock.

Back
Top Bottom