What's new

Jai Hind to be now official salutation of Indian Army

Jai Hind!

kargil-victory.jpg

Firstly , ' Jai hind' is an existing form of salutation between officers and JCO/ Soldiers in units which are not based on religion - ASC, Ordnance , EME etc and fighting arms who are of mixed class composition.

Next, in class based regiments the form of salutation ( and battle cry) is that of the Religion of the soldiers - this is applicable to all ranks.

Only among officers the form of salutation is Good morning etc. This is proposed to be changed to Jai Hind as the AF & Navy does.

Hope this helps.

i was talking about Ram ram and sat sri akal not jai hind.

again my question is why jain hind should not be for all caders?

i was talking about Ram ram and sat sri akal not jai hind.

again my question is why jain hind should not be for all caders?

Its a regimental decision based on unit traditions and religious composition.

To repeat my point , why fix something thats not broke ?

Why use an ARABIC name for India rather than Bharat or India, the two official terms.

Why use an ARABIC name for India rather than Bharat or India, the two official terms.

In India it doesnt matter.

Half the words spoken in our daily lives ( & songs for movie buffs) are borrowed from Urdu.

As mentioned in a post above , the slogan Jai Hind was coined by Subash Chandra Bose . There also was Jai Hind Fauj.

Hence the connection.

zJWxD.jpg

Jd1vG.jpg

zyhQ4.jpg

Hindusthan or Hindustan is mentioned in our vedas.

An alternate and infrequently cited theory on the origin of the word Hindustan puts it further the back in time. This may be based on the Sanskrit shloka from the Barhaspatya Samhita of the Rigveda (ca. 1700-1100 BC):
Himalyam Samarabhya
Yavadindusarovaram
Tam Deonirmitam Desham
Hindusthanam Prachakshate

Translation: "The country which starts from Himalayas and the borders of which reach till the Indian Ocean (Indu Sarovaram), has been created by devas and its name is Hindusthan.

Back
Top Bottom