What's new

J15 vs MIG29k, Naval Tejas

Read again what he write

Actually, Mig 29K is a 4th gen fighter, J15 if it really comes with AESA a 4.5 gen fighter. The 4.75 or 4++ are only fighters with current design, but stealth features like internal weapon bays.

Plz don't try to reply to post or answer question thrown to someone else. There is a general holo perception going to this forum that Chinese made products are better than Russian. I mean it could be, but nobody till date has confirmed why? Seeing what features.

Why do all think that a copy fighter will surpass the original and if they updated it drastically with modern technology then did the original maker were not doing the same. And even these modern technology by copycats has also never been disclosed.

Just got a single answer,These documents and information are classified. Then how come others came to know about these.

Plz don't try to reply to post or answer question thrown to someone else. There is a general holo perception going to this forum that Chinese made products are better than Russian. I mean it could be, but nobody till date has confirmed why? Seeing what features.

Why do all think that a copy fighter will surpass the original and if they updated it drastically with modern technology then did the original maker were not doing the same. And even these modern technology by copycats has also never been disclosed.

Just got a single answer,These documents and information are classified. Then how come others came to know about these.

Ya great won't answer. Just learn to read properly. My bad I answered you.
Your first line make me to avoid your remaining post. Good luck

Sancho, since I have noticed that your comments are generally not BS. But since you are calling J15 a 4.5gen fighter, I would love to know based on what facts are U calling so? And if you can provide the link for its features.

The same reasons why we call MKI a 4.5th gen fighter, because it's

- a multi role fighter
- with an advanced radar and avionics
- designed with certain ammounts of composite materials or RAM coatings

J15 is not a simple copy of the older Su 33 air superiority fighter, but is a navalised J11 and most likely the final version will be based on the J11B and if it really will have AESA radar (the rest is already available), it must be taken as a 4.5 gen fighter, just like MKI with PESA, Super 30 or MMRCAs with AESA and the other advanced features.

Ya great won't answer. Just learn to read properly. My bad I answered you.
Your first line make me to avoid your remaining post. Good luck

Dude, I didn't want to hurt your feelings but I really don't know how to bring everyone out of this holo effect.

Dude, I didn't want to hurt your feelings but I really don't know how to bring everyone out of this holo effect.

Not hurt but you should be more polite so you can get disscussion started. It's public forum everyone has a opinion and it might not be as of yours. So just try not to be rude unnecessarily.

What holo effect ??? Let's see some points
- Russian aircrafts are capable enough for any threat of its class
- Chinese are good in copy or reverse engineering
- Chinese copies of Russian planes might not be on par with the original plane itsef but the value addition form Chinese ( like Radar , coating , suits ) will make them on par atleast if not better. And if somehow they manage Engne and composite to higher level then they will surpass the original Russian planes ( TALKING ABOUT FLANKER SERIES )
- Plus they keep evolving the planes and rectify the short comings. So they are making it better and better with every step
- your objection on the quality of products and validity of the Chinese claims can't to verified form anywhere but it's not a good thing to under estimate any threat. And they are inducting these planes in huge numbers. So they can overcome some short comings in quality by quantity.
- right now what PLAAF lack is experience and training with other AFs to check their skills. Otherwise they are good. They are replacing their ageing fleet with new 4/4.5 gen places in huge numbers. They are working on two next gen planes. First one is supposed to come out with Russian T-50. So they are good and that is our problem.

MIG29k does have stealth coating and PESA radar and better manueverability, j15 MAY have PESA radar link

J-10B fighter’s passive phased array radar exposured | WAREYE

but less maneuvarabiliy and more range and payload.

SU 33 upgrade basically, but may inherit problem in sortie rates being heavy fighter. That is why US and RUSSIA replacing/replaed their f14 and su 33 with f18sh and mig29k respectively

J-15 range, combat radius far more Mig-29K, but the J-15 is not clear how radar, electronic sensors produced by China and certainly far less than the Mig-29K. Mig-29K's HMSD are purchased from France type Topsight, better Chinese HMSD.

In terms of weapons both equally, but India is a strategic long-range weapons as ASTRA, R-77. In the future the Meteor MBDA can integrate all 3 types have a range of 80-110km. While only long-range missiles of Chinese is a PL-12, range of 70km.

RCS of the J-15 is also very large, so prone MiG 29K radar Zhuk-ME detection

J-15 range, combat radius far more Mig-29K, but the J-15 is not clear how radar, electronic sensors produced by China and certainly far less than the Mig-29K. Mig-29K's HMSD are purchased from France type Topsight, better Chinese HMSD.

In terms of weapons both equally, but India is a strategic long-range weapons as ASTRA, R-77. In the future the Meteor MBDA can integrate all 3 types have a range of 80-110km. While only long-range missiles of Chinese is a PL-12, range of 70km.

RCS of the J-15 is also very large, so prone MiG 29K radar Zhuk-ME detection

Until you got data from both side..all these claims are purely speculative but one thing we can be sure off is J-15 will have greater range and more weapons load and longer duration for patrol.

Until you got data from both side..all these claims are purely speculative but one thing we can be sure off is J-15 will have greater range and more weapons load and longer duration for patrol.

May I add, J-15 has not reached a combat radius of S-33, it is only about 1000km :D

China Source confrim
J-15 fighter able to attack over 1,000 km
(Xinhua)
13:31, March 03, 2013

BEIJING, March 2 (Xinhua) -- The J-15 fighter jet, likely to be commissioned to China's first aircraft carrier, is able to cover an area with a radius of over 1,000 km on attack missions, a chief designer said Saturday.

The jet reaches similar technical standards of the third-generation carrier-borne fighters currently in service, said Sun Cong, a member of the 12th National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference who is here to attend the political advisory body's annual session.

"The jet is close to the U.S. F-18 Hornet fighter jet in terms of bomb load, combat radius and mobility," Sun said in an interview with Xinhua.

Great progress has been made on the fire-control radar and guided missiles on the fighter but more has to be done to improve its electronic countermeasures, he said.

Nicknamed "Flying Shark," the J-15 fighter passed a test flight on Aug. 31, 2009.

Last November, it conducted a successful landing on China's first aircraft carrier, the Liaoning.
http://english.people.com.cn/90786/8150952.html

Can you tell me the name of J-15 AESA radar, target detection radius of it?

Neverless the range still better than Mig29k regardless of Su-33 and no I don't have any info of J-15 radar.

Ok but! You must remember, Liaoning no steam catapults, so J-15 will follow footsteps of Su-33 and its load is only up to 6 tons of weapons. The BVR missile project, India's A2A had completed, Topsight also been fitted, it is true. Weapons on the J-15 is still a question mark, similar to its radar

Ok but! You must remember, Liaoning no steam catapults, so J-15 will follow footsteps of Su-33 and its load is only up to 6 tons of weapons. The BVR missile project, India's A2A had completed, Topsight also been fitted, it is true. Weapons on the J-15 is still a question mark, similar to its radar

And Mig-29k is steam catapult fighter? the range is even less. for the electronic such radar and missles, yes you know all about Indian side but i don't know on Chinese side...maybe we're still using vietnam war type of radar but we didn't let Indians know...conceal our weakness is way to go :smokin:

the thread starter should have researched a bit before starting the thread - atleast he should have defined some parameters otherwise this thread would get closed in a day

if anyone wants to jump in , plz let us know about these parameters [in the 3 fighters] before you jump to any conclusion
radars
range
payload
rcs
number of fighters/carrier
thrust to wt ratio
countermeasures
range
combat radius

pls read the equipment details of mig-29k here

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/274502-russia-deliver-six-mig-29k-warplanes-india-2.html

MIG29k does have stealth coating and PESA radar and better manueverability, j15 MAY have PESA radar link

J-10B fighter’s passive phased array radar exposured | WAREYE

but less maneuvarabiliy and more range and payload.

SU 33 upgrade basically, but may inherit problem in sortie rates being heavy fighter. That is why US and RUSSIA replacing/replaed their f14 and su 33 with f18sh and mig29k respectively

mig -29 k has no pesa

it has a simple slotted array

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/274502-russia-deliver-six-mig-29k-warplanes-india-2.html

Back
Top Bottom