What's new

J10C completed maiden flight test at today's afternoon 1:50PM

Hahahah I relay did not know that it is called air-inlet actually in every field we make some informal name so I used air ducts.

It might just look something like this,

beT7UgA_zpsae8cdf11.jpg

HAHAHAHA, you're awesome bro! :D And its called the air-inlet but I like your term more.

@gambit @500 @Oscar @Manticore

Gents, the canards and CFTs are alligned in this design. Wouldn't it have aerodynamic implications?

It might just look something like this,

beT7UgA_zpsae8cdf11.jpg

HAHAHAHA, you're awesome bro! :D And its called the air-inlet but I like your term more.

the CGI looks far more modern and sleek than the vintage look of the current J-10s

I mean no disrespect to the designs of Chinese crafts but we know every era of engineering history has a certain signature design to it. its evident in ground based vehicles and in the aircraft's as well.
both JF 17 and J-10 look more like the era of F4 fantoms and GR4 tornado (yes J-10 is delta I get that ) ..China only recently got out of that ancient look of the aircraft in its F7s (the face with air-intake the thing of the bygone past of 50s and 60s the sabers and mig 15s/17s ).

did someone say J-11? oh yea that monstrosity flies I give them that

Likely upgrades of the "J-10C" (note, the recent "J-10C" photo is unlikely to be that of an actual prototype but rather an older "B" variant or a testbed):
- twin seats
- upgraded engine
- conformal fuel tanks
- new avionics

@gambit @500 @Oscar @Manticore

Gents, the canards and CFTs are alligned in this design. Wouldn't it have aerodynamic implications?
Looks beautiful.

The set of 2 CFTs on F-16 have 8.3 times less drag than 1 external fuel tank, but carry 50% more fuel. They also allow supersonic flight and 9g maneuvering.

Since CFTs on J-10 are in aerodynamic shadow of front canards their drag will be even lower than on F-16.

Airflow may be disrupted as the CFTs look awful close to the canards. The EF CFT concept is a more balanced solution.
To be honest, the canards on EF is only for decoration purpose. I think you are not professional enough to comment Chinese engineers design.

We have subtle way to figure problems out.

@Oscar

I saw a EF design with canards mounted on its air intakes, UNDER the wing.

An official PLAAF lighter has the new aircraft carved into it (or embossed, rather).

2pc3.jpg

It seems to be a strike-oriented ground-attack sibling of the J-10B.

Back
Top Bottom