What's new

J’lalithaa cancels Asian Athletic Games over Sri Lanka’s participation

lol at the sri lankan who says Chennai is shithole as if his country is heaven on earth it was a worst shithole during the civil war and only a genocide brought the war to end. Sri Lankans need to realize who is the top dog in the region you either be a bithc of India or China but either ways you are going to be bithc.

btw I think what Jayalalitha has done is correct I don't want Tamil Nadu to be embarrassed by the likes of Vaiko if for some reason attacks the Sri Lankan players during the game.

Btw..You forgot your "H" again..:woot:

In Tamil, they haven't H, they write Sinhala including K which they pronounce it G sometimes, so in Tamil they cannot write "Sinhala" correctly. I remember when I was studying our Tamil teacher told there are 3 or more letters not including in Tamil.
Even my name cannot write in Tamil, it has to start with "S" but my actual name is start with "C".

First she should try give some jobs to their TN citizens who violate our visa system and doing jobs here, recently more TN tamils caught by Police.

secondly if they actually love SL Tamils, Don't come to SL waters for stealing the fish catch of SL fishermen.

I don't know Indian TN Tamils know this, SL Tamils does not like to do marriages between Indian Tamils. :D

First she should try give some jobs to their TN citizens who violate our visa system and doing jobs here, recently more TN tamils caught by Police.

secondly if they actually love SL Tamils, Don't come to SL waters for stealing the fish catch of SL fishermen.

I don't know Indian TN Tamils know this, SL Tamils does not like to do marriages between Indian Tamils. :D

Quite funny buddy. Muralidharan married an Indian tamil... :D

And I say its better to cancel the event. I dont want the issue of sports to be hijacked by few politicians who might try to attack sports persons. So its better to save the embarassment. (PS: Sports should be kept out of politics).
Secondly, by cancelling, she is trying to bring central govt's attention to the genocide by SL army.
Thirdly, JJ is a one funny piece

haha Murali is an Indian Tamil, I'm mentioning the SL Tamils.

Note sure about that. But it is a possibility. I mean even in TN, caste system is from a long way to be abolished, inter caste marriages opposed. A complete different matter though.

Why so, can you explain.

Thats not true.

Tamil Nadu will not host the Asian Athletics Games scheduled for July, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa said, because the Centre has not asked Sri Lanka to skip the event.

She cited the alleged war crimes by Sri Lankan defence forces as they defeated the rebel LTTE in 2009, ending the island’s lengthy civil war.

“Sri Lanka’s participation would hurt people’s sentiments in Tamil Nadu,” she said, adding that the Union government has ignored a request by her to ban Sri Lanka from the Games.

The 20th edition of the Games was to be hosted in India after a gap of nearly 20 years. New Delhi had hosted the Games in 1989.

Yesterday, the chief minister described as “a war crime” the alleged execution of the 12-year- old son of LTTE chief V Prabhakaran.

Photos released by UK’s Channel 4 show the child snacking while in military custody just hours before he was shot dead. The photos, which are morphed according to the Sri Lanka administration, feature in a new documentary that will screen next month in Geneva to coincide with a UN Human Rights Council discussion on the country, currently facing censure by the US over its failure to probe war crimes.

The DMK, a senior ally in the Prime Minister’s ruling coalition, has said that India must vote against Sri Lanka and support the resolution.

Last year, after the party threatened to quit the government, India voted against Sri Lanka as the UN’s top human rights body asked the island to look into allegedly vast human rights violations as the defence forces defeated the rebel Tigers.

Rights groups say up to 40,000 civilians were killed by security forces.

The Sri Lankan government has denied causing civilian deaths and has maintained that LTTE chief Prabhakaran’s family were killed in fighting. The bodies of his wife and daughter have not been found. (NDTV)

Lol..How silly can these jokers get..

she is a funny fellow, first she protested against military training for SL in india. When the central gov showed her the middle finger, she vented the shame on some foot ball players.

You mean Hindus don't do bad things to Muslims in India?
Go look in the mirror before lecturing Sri Lanka.

exactly this is something i hate about many HR orgs.
many western nations that go on lecturing others on HR have committed the most horrendous HR violation in the world. They dont even punish the culprits when they are white american or europian. Dont get me wrong, i am all for HR. But i dislike is selective justice ignoring many big guns. Even UN is a political tool. It is high time to democratize UN.

As far as I knw, US didnt even produce their man who is responsible for Bhopal tragedy. They will go to any depth to protect their man.

just check this,

Top Ten American War Criminals Living Freely Today

A war crime is a punishable offense, under international
law, for violations of the law of war by any person or persons, military
or civilian. Every violation of the law of war is a war crime. Also, war
crimes are those committed during wartime in violation of international
conventions intended to protect civilian populations and prisoners of war.
You will note that many on this list, categorized as war criminals, ironically,
are among the most powerful and wealthy US citizens

1. Robert McNamara. Former US Secretary of Defense, helped
kill approximately 2-3 million, mostly poor Vietnamese, Cambodians and
Laotians. Not to mention a sizeable portion of the 58,000 dead US servicemen
pressed into that war. Not to mention that equal number of US veterans
who committed suicide in the years to follow. McNamara is an Elder Statesman
now, walking around freely today.

2. Henry Kissinger. Former US Secretary of State, had
a hand in the killings mentioned above. Plus condoned thousands of additional
killings in Chile, under the sponsorship of US foreign policy. Won
a Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts. Elder Statesman, walking around freely
today.

3. Bill Clinton. Former, disgraced US President. Initiated
bombing raids against Yugoslavia and Iraq, neither country able to defend
itself, resulting in the deaths of thousands. Conducted punitive sanctions
against Iraq, resulting in hundreds of thousands of civilian deaths. Presided
during Waco Massacre and Oklahoma City Bombing, thinly-disguised war crimes
against US citizens.. Elder Statesman, walking around freely today, amply
rewarded for book deals and speaking engagements.

4. George HW Bush. Former super spy, former US
President, the first to graduate from the Central Intelligence Agency
(CIA) into the presidency and bring lessons learned at CIA headquarters
directly into US policy. While serving under Ronald Reagan, helped encourage
the Iraq-Iran war, resulting in deaths of one million people, allowing
US oil and arms dealers to profit greatly. During the 'Eighties,
helped encourage US sponsored military dictators in Latin America, guilty
of extermination of thousands of ordinary citizens, via US-trained "death
squads." Conducted pre-emptive war with Panama, resulting in
1,000-4,000 deaths, simply to topple former CIA henchman and drug lord,
Manuel Noriega. Elder Statesman, walking around freely today, basking in
limelight.

5, Madeline Albright. Former US Secretary of State under
Clinton. Condoned the punitive sanctions against Iraq that resulted in
an estimated 500,000 deaths of children. Remarked that such sanctions were
"worth it." Elder Stateswoman, walking around freely today.

6. George W. Bush. Two term US president, elected using
electronic, "black box" voting methods that permit no verification
of actual vote count. Conducted two pre-emptive wars, resulting in excess
of 100,000 US. Iraqi and Afghani deaths. Condones the use of torture
as US policy. Condones rejection of the Geneva Convention, becoming the
first US president to openly do so. Considers the US Constitution "A
Goddamned piece of paper." Embattled Statesman, walking around freely
today.

7. Dick Cheney. Former US Secretary of Defense, and signator
of the PNAC, and current Vice President. Accused mastermind of the 911
"terrorist" attack against the US (unproven), Cheney has been
called "The Vice President For Torture" by the Washington Post.
A staunch supporter of the Middle Eastern War Without End, Cheney, like
Wolfowitz and Rumsfeld bears particular responsibility for the conduct
of the war. Elder Statesman, walking around freely today.

8. Paul Wolfowitz. Former US Deputy Secretary of Defense
and architect of the Middle Eastern War Without End. Casualties in two
pre-emptive wars now exceed 100,000 deaths, not including the estimated
2,000+ US deaths and 15,000 wounded. Won a Presidential Medal of Freedom
for his work and a promotion to the head of the World Bank. Elder Statesman,
walking around freely today.

9. Donald Rumsfeld. US Secretary of Defense during the
Middle Eastern War Without End. A signator of the PNAC document that calls
for pre-emptive hostile acts of US imperialism conducted by overwhelming
military means (War) against weaker nations possessing scarce resources.
Aside from the estimated 100,000 Iraqi deaths, the estimated 15-20,000
US casualties (dead and injured), and the untold tens of thousands
or hundreds of thousands (millions?) who will suffer from the effects of
depleted uranium in the years to come, Rumsfeld remains convinced the "war
on terror" is just. A long time political appointee, Rumsfeld is an
Elder Statesman, walking around freely today.

10. Ruppert Murdoch. Token American. Media baron. Never
met a war he didn't like. Responsible for tens of thousands of deaths and
untold millions of refugees through media encouragement of harsh, US foreign
policy. Owns a sizable chunk of the US news media. Murdoch is the most
visible Godfather of the Mainstream News Mafia (MNM). Elder Statesman
and multi-billionaire news baron, walking around freely today.

Former USAF veteran (Honorably Discharged) and Elder
Statesman, Douglas Herman writes regularly for Rense and is the author

Trust me,they would thump you in everything,every single thing.

I agree with her,Srilankan Army has to apologise for killing the 12 year old.

who apologise for things what they are not guilty of?

u knw it dude,

just like how without muralitharan u wud be just like Zimbabwe/Bangaldesh.

Murali was a gem, but there were many behind him otherwise he would have gone from the field a very long time ago.

SL team did wonders as a team. I personaly think the one who did the biggest contribuion was Aravinda.

Rare for a Sinhalese to spell humor............ but that's not the point here.

wow joe can rhyme...

this something i want to talk about, because that is a big lie.
i d post an article by Raman, indian defence expert.
The Way Forward

The unhappiness in Sri Lanka over the Indian vote in favour of the resolution in the UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC) on the question of the human rights of the Sri Lankan Tamils--action in respect of past violations during the counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency operations against the LTTE and to safeguard their human rights in future in the form of a political solution to the grievances and aspirations of the Tamils-- is understandable.

This unhappiness is unlikely to turn into bitterness. Even in the past, the Sinhalese were unhappy over what they perceived as the Indian support to the LTTE in the years before its assassination of Rajiv Gandhi in May 1991. This unhappiness never turned into bitterness and hatred for India.

Anyone who knows Sri Lanka and the Sinhalese well would be aware of their genuine goodwill for India. There were instances in the past when Sri Lankan governments had taken steps which were detrimental to Indian interests. A typical example was before the 1971 India-Pakistan war when they allowed Pakistani Air Force planes carrying men and supplies to East Pakistan to refuel in Sri Lankan airports. When Indira Gandhi strongly objected to this, they discontinued it.
Their anger and unhappiness against India tend to remain ephemeral. Despite their best or worst efforts, neither China nor Pakistan has ever been able to create a permanent estrangement between India and Sri Lanka. There are historic, cultural and religious bonds between the Indians and the Sri Lankans. These are natural and evolved over hundreds of years. No synthetic bonds of Sri Lanka with China or Pakistan, created during moments of unhappiness and opportunism, can replace the natural bonds between India and Sri Lanka.

I do not rate highly the dangers of Sri Lanka throwing itself into the arms of China or Pakistan to spite India for its vote against it in Geneva. When the unhappiness subsides--as it is likely to-- Sri Lanka will realise that the Indian role in Geneva was more nuanced with considerable empathy for it. India stood in the way of the undoubted Human Rights violations being equated with war crimes. We equally stood in the way of a Human Rights Diktat to Sri Lanka by the US and other Western powers.

The resolution was neither a reprimand nor a rebuke. It was an expression of concern over the evasive attitude of the government of Mahinda Rajapaksa on the question of action against those who committed serious Human Rights violations in the final stages of the anti-LTTE operations. India was as much concerned over this evasion as the Sri Lankan Tamils and the Western powers. India chose to give expression to these concerns bilaterally during political and diplomatic interactions with the Sri Lankan leaders and officials. Since the Rajapaksa government chose to literally ignore the bilateral expression of these concerns, the government of India found itself with no other option but to join in a multilateral expression of concern in Geneva.

Initially, I was not in favour of India joining the US-led exercise in Geneva to take a more assertive position against the evasive attitude of the Rajapaksa government. But, after seeing the way the government of India played a moderating role in Geneva in making the resolution a reasonable and not authoritarian expression of concerns, I do praise the delicate Indian diplomacy.

We do not have to be worried about the Chinese grand-standing at Geneva. The vigorous Chinese opposition was dictated not by a profusion of grief and tears for Sri Lanka, but by fears of what could happen if the international focus turns to the continued Chinese violations of the Human Rights of the Tibetans and the Uighurs. It goes to our credit that we did not allow fears of similar allegations against our counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency operations to restrain the expression of our concerns over the violations of the Human Rights of the Sri Lankan Tamils. There was less political hypocrisy in our stand as compared to that of China.

India too has reasons to be unhappy with the Rajapaksa government for trying to wriggle out of its commitments to the Sri Lankan Tamils and the government of India to find a political solution to the grievances and aspirations of the Tamils. After having prevailed against the LTTE with considerable Indian help, it has deplorably gone back on its commitments. If it continues to follow on the path of evasion and tries to impose a dictated solution on the Tamils, India has to act tough. I said so recently before the Geneva vote and I say so again.

I'm not a Muslim either...Ignorance is bliss..Especially when it comes from people living in bubbles..Damn Aussie gets some real third class throwaways these days

Isnt it interesting he bothers about ur ethnicity while showing his anger against racism in SL.

@bronxbull
(wow what a name!)nationality and ethnicity are two different things. before coming onto defence forums, get some basic education.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of us know Sri Lanka is in complete embrace of China now. Your policy never changed which was to weaken Tamils politically,suppress their culture and segregate them from their Indian counterpart.

what are u suggesting SL to do? ignore china?
Can u ignore china? eerrrr china is the power house in Asia though u indians dislike to accept it. India's biggest trading partner is china. so how can u ask us to ignore china, when even u people have embraced china more than us.

Embrace is between equals,there are others words for this relationship.

Americans refer to their association with Pakistan politely as a client relationship,you can magnify the same thing here 1000 times and choose to be very crass and you get close to the perfect adjective for this relationship.

stupidity at its best!

Back
Top Bottom