What's new

J’lalithaa cancels Asian Athletic Games over Sri Lanka’s participation

Oh please, the world knows the brutal orgy of violence your killers in uniform unleashed on the Tamils in a blood-drunk lust of revenge.

Dude why are you bothered about Tamils in lanka so much?
Is that Tamils have `Umma` concepts...which u keep opposing?

Oh please, the world knows the brutal orgy of violence your killers in uniform unleashed on the Tamils in a blood-drunk lust of revenge.

Dude why are you bothered about Tamils in lanka so much?
Is that Tamils have `Umma` concepts...which u keep opposing?

I don't agree to skin color part. :girl_wacko:

Many in India think SLns are extremely dark, but in reality they have fairer complexion than the TN fellows. SL had immigrations from different parts of the world so a rich gene pool. Even in my family, many are fair skinned. It is the same for SL tamils. Some SL tamil men brought women from Europe when they went for studies in early 1900s. So i have seen very fair tamils. For me color doesnt matter, but for some it does :(

But Indian Tamils were the first victims in 1948. Caste part I don't know but Hindu society had been mix society, you made me crazy by claiming Indian Tamils are low caste that of Sri Lanka high caste. :cheesy:

I repost my reply to bronxbull in case you missed it..

SL Tamils also known as Jaffna Tamils(High caste Vellaya) consider themselfs superior to Indian Tamils or plantation Tamils as they're otherwise known also to the Eastern low caste Chatholic Tamils(Actually Malayalees)..They would rather marry a Sinhalese than the above mentioned groups..Caste system is very strong in SL Tamil community unlike other Ethnic groups in the island ..And Jaffna Tamils consider themselfs the original saivites

Murali is from the up country plantation community..The repatriation of those Plantation Tamils in the 50's and 60's were in fact supported by then federal party stalwarts and Jaffna heavy weights like G.G Ponnambalam and Chelvanayagam

SL though being small has a very complex social structure mate..Everything is not so black and white as some makes you want to believe

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/centra...ri-lanka-s-participation-5.html#ixzz2LYkXUsI7

But Indian Tamils were the first victims in 1948. Caste part I don't know but Hindu society had been mix society, you made me crazy by claiming Indian Tamils are low caste that of Sri Lanka high caste. :cheesy:

Only the lower caste tamils were brought by the british to SL. So apart from few who migrated to SL from TN for better fortune, majority are from the Low caste. Actually I find them quite amiable unlike many arrogant Jaffna tamils.

Saradiel Sir/Madame,

I know the background of Sinhalese & Tamil,Tamils are proper saiva Hindus & Sinhalese are proper Theravada Buddhists and hostorically there have been violent conflicts between the two but a peace had been achieved since long.

I am a patriotic subcontinentwa and i dont want brownies fighting each other when the others have already exploited them enough.

I have been to Colombo/Kandy/Nuwaraeliya and i love your country,I have nothing against many of your citizens who are very very nice.

I feel the Brits and the Portuguese are the real culprits,they did everything to make a imperfect cocktail in Srilanka to their own convenience,

what else to say?

everything else is beyond help,

but if one has to choose sides now,all can we can do is do it with honour.

Nothing more.

thanks for ur expressed love, but ur words speak otherwise. who ever died in this country SL has been the loser. You about chosing side, hmm SL had a conflict but Ind messed it up. India is partly responsible for the blood bath here. So it is india's responsibility to help SL in this instance. About sides, eyes can decive u many times.

Tamil Nadu will not host the Asian Athletics Games scheduled for July, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa said, because the Centre has not asked Sri Lanka to skip the event.

She cited the alleged war crimes by Sri Lankan defence forces as they defeated the rebel LTTE in 2009, ending the island’s lengthy civil war.

“Sri Lanka’s participation would hurt people’s sentiments in Tamil Nadu,” she said, adding that the Union government has ignored a request by her to ban Sri Lanka from the Games.

The 20th edition of the Games was to be hosted in India after a gap of nearly 20 years. New Delhi had hosted the Games in 1989.

Yesterday, the chief minister described as “a war crime” the alleged execution of the 12-year- old son of LTTE chief V Prabhakaran.

Photos released by UK’s Channel 4 show the child snacking while in military custody just hours before he was shot dead. The photos, which are morphed according to the Sri Lanka administration, feature in a new documentary that will screen next month in Geneva to coincide with a UN Human Rights Council discussion on the country, currently facing censure by the US over its failure to probe war crimes.

The DMK, a senior ally in the Prime Minister’s ruling coalition, has said that India must vote against Sri Lanka and support the resolution.

Last year, after the party threatened to quit the government, India voted against Sri Lanka as the UN’s top human rights body asked the island to look into allegedly vast human rights violations as the defence forces defeated the rebel Tigers.

Rights groups say up to 40,000 civilians were killed by security forces.

The Sri Lankan government has denied causing civilian deaths and has maintained that LTTE chief Prabhakaran’s family were killed in fighting. The bodies of his wife and daughter have not been found. (NDTV)

Lol..How silly can these jokers get..

an epic case of a terrorist crying crocodile tears :lol: atleast india should be greatful it wasnt dragged to ICJ because of its terror supports

Many in India think SLns are extremely dark, but in reality they have fairer complexion than the TN fellows. SL had immigrations from different parts of the world so a rich gene pool. Even in my family, many are fair skinned. It is the same for SL tamils. Some SL tamil men brought women from Europe when they went for studies in early 1900s. So i have seen very fair tamils. For me color doesnt matter, but for some it does :(

Sinhalas cursing dark people, that's the weirdest thing I am listening in my life.

dont bother with H mate. they dont prounce H sound. As far as i know there s no Tamil letter for H. So they find it hard to pronounce it and many write the way they pronounce it. I see nothing wrong with that.

Did'nt know that..:tup:

Only the lower caste tamils were brought by the british to SL. So apart from few who migrated to SL from TN for better fortune, majority are from the Low caste. Actually I find them quite amiable unlike many arrogant Jaffna tamils.

Yes dude but all Sri Lankan Tamils don't belong to high caste, they can't be all high caste.

Yes dude but all Sri Lankan Tamils don't belong to high caste, they can't be all high caste.

Again read my post to bronxbull without repeating the same mudane thing

Thats not true.

Have you ever know official ethnic groups in SL? If you know that you will realize.

Before the civil war these Sinhalas even tried to isolate Sri Lanka's Tamils from India's Tamils. He is speaking his wish inside his heart

Really? I have to give the same answer for you which I have given to bronxboll.

if u took time to read my comment U would look less wierd. By fair, i mean relative to Lankan society and TN.

All are not high caste, but majority of Jaffna tamils are high caste. During British period, many low caste tamils change their caste and became high caste. You could see such parallels in Sinhala society. Jaffna tamils are just a subset of the SL tamils but they were the educated better off ones, who made to the leadership of SL tamils.

Back
Top Bottom