What's new

J-15 and F/A-18E/F comparison graph

Akasa

Reaction score
Country
Canada
20110629_Figure3.png

Except the Su-33s were 80s tech and the F-18s will be replaced by F-35s.

Unless you're trying to prove that China is developing an equivalent of what the US and Russia had 3 decades ago, I don't see the point of this comparison.

Except the Su-33s were 80s tech and the F-35s have already been planned to replace the F-18s.

Unless you're trying to prove that China is decades behind the US and Russia, I don't see the point of this comparison.

This is to prove that China has an aircraft that will be superior to anything any regional military has. PLAAF is also building J-2X and J-18 fighter for their navy.

This is to prove that China has an aircraft that will be superior to anything any regional military has. PLAAF is also building J-2X and J-18 fighter for their navy.

no confirmation about AESA, Engine still.

We know about J10 capabilities just come with real specification of aircraft then try to compare if you go by assumption then why not compare with F22?

no confirmation about AESA, Engine still.

We know about J10 capabilities just come with real specification of aircraft then try to compare if you go by assumption then why not compare with F22?

AESA has by PLAAF officials. Engine is WS-10A, may be fitted with TVC.

When did J-10 come into this?

Except the Su-33s were 80s tech and the F-18s will be replaced by F-35s.

Unless you're trying to prove that China is developing an equivalent of what the US and Russia had 3 decades ago, I don't see the point of this comparison.

Yeah, it is pointless if those aircrafts will be replace by F35 soon. But US still use them in large numbers, and the date of their replacement by F35 seems not to be in the near future considering the US's ecomomic situation, that is where the point of this comparison is. Easy to understand.

No point comparing a jet still in development with the ones which are operational for a long time. Unless China comes with a stealthier version of J-15, with internal bays and a powerful AESA, its a futile exercise. EA-18G still has no rival.

Anyways PLAN is working in the right direction.

I don't know if J-15 has AESA or not. However, seeing that it was confirmed on J-10B, I think it would be a safe bet. As far as thrust vectoring goes, I doubt PLAN would waste the resources on a platform intended to be a stop-gap measure. CAC and SAC are both planning to compete for next generation naval fighter contract which is due soon, so I don't imagine there will be more than 100 J-15.

I don't know if J-15 has AESA or not. However, seeing that it was confirmed on J-10B, I think it would be a safe bet. As far as thrust vectoring goes, I doubt PLAN would waste the resources on a platform intended to be a stop-gap measure. CAC and SAC are both planning to compete for next generation naval fighter contract which is due soon, so I don't imagine there will be more than 100 J-15.

What? The only Chinese AESAs were seen on AWACS and Destroyers. You guys have just developed a fighter-based PESA according to your beloved CDF. Russia still cannot mass-produce its 2-years old AESAs for its fighter fleet.

Don't get carried away measuring yourself against the US and Russia. Remember, you're just Chinese, descriminated against across the planet, although at a much lower intensity than Indians and Vietnamese.

What? The only Chinese AESAs were seen on AWACS and Destroyers. You guys have just developed a fighter-based PESA according to your beloved CDF. Russia still cannot mass-produce its 2-years old AESAs for its fighter fleet.

Don't get carried away measuring yourself against the US and Russia. Remember, you're just Chinese, descriminated against across the planet, although at a much lower intensity than Indians and Vietnamese.
You're going full retard. Look up Wang Maobing of the Nanjing 14th Institute. He is the person responsible for developing the H-antenna on the AESA array on the J-10B. This has been confirmed by two employees of CAC since June. The air force was never interested in PESA.

相控阵天线宽角宽带扫描特性研究
王茂彬 南京电子技术研究所

Remember, you're just an idiot, and the king of idiots at that.

You're going full retard. Look up Wang Maobing of the Nanjing 14th Institute. He is the person responsible for developing the H-antenna on the AESA array on the J-10B. This has been confirmed by two employees of CAC since June. The air force was never interested in PESA.

相控阵天线宽角宽带扫描特性研究
王茂彬 南京电子技术研究所

Remember, you're just an idiot, and the king of idiots at that.

S10 meet Ao333 the resident white racist (name Lorenzo or something),

No point comparing a jet still in development with the ones which are operational for a long time. Unless China comes with a stealthier version of J-15, with internal bays and a powerful AESA, its a futile exercise. EA-18G still has no rival.

Anyways PLAN is working in the right direction.

The J-15 is in pre production. The one you see is pretty much the finalized variant.

The J-15 has AESA radar.

The F/A-18E entered service in 1999, so even by 4.5 generation standards, it has at least a few decades before retiring.

China also has a 5th generation naval fighter in development, and a J-2X as well. The J-15, like the F/A-18E, is just a stop gap.

Wrong.

AESA has been confirmed on J-10B, J-15, J-11B, JF-17 Block II, and 5th generation fighters. PLAAF officials themselves stated that the J-11B and J-15 is or will use AESA.

AESA on J-15 and J-11B have been confirmed by Lei Qiang.

J-15 is a stop gap, and the AESA may indicate that the next generation naval fighter won't appear for a while

Back
Top Bottom