What's new

J-15 and F/A-18E/F comparison graph

the new J-11B and j15, will use AESA radar and a new avionics suite.

J11B and J15 system

milit203.jpg

j11b and j15 aesa radar

G4Kw6.jpg

j11b and j15 take off

Last edited by a moderator:
Except the Su-33s were 80s tech and the F-18s will be replaced by F-35s.

Unless you're trying to prove that China is developing an equivalent of what the US and Russia had 3 decades ago, I don't see the point of this comparison.
And not to forget that the F-18 is a derivative of the YF-17, a platform built in the late 70s! That's 40 years ago!!

The J-15 is in pre production. The one you see is pretty much the finalized variant.

The J-15 has AESA radar.

The F/A-18E entered service in 1999, so even by 4.5 generation standards, it has at least a few decades before retiring.

China also has a 5th generation naval fighter in development, and a J-2X as well. The J-15, like the F/A-18E, is just a stop gap.

Can you provide some links for the AESA?

I don't think that PLAN is spending that much money on the stop gap. PLAN never operated carriers before, so the very first generation of pilots will be trained on a platform that will be phased out soon. If it's true, then PLAN officials are doing some wrong stuff just to project themselves as a naval power. It takes more than 5 years to master an aircraft and you can add a couple more for carrier operations.

I don't think that PLAN is spending that much money on the stop gap. PLAN never operated carriers before, so the very first generation of pilots will be trained on a platform that will be phased out soon. If it's true, then PLAN officials are doing some wrong stuff just to project themselves as a naval power. It takes more than 5 years to master an aircraft and you can add a couple more for carrier operations.

It has already been confirmed here that the J-15 will have AESA radar. On the international side, it is speculation, but it is a strong likelihood.
Latest reports suggest that China has developed an Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar, which could be installed upon the new fighter. A dark color radar dome indicates that the first J-15 prototype has a radar different from the one of Su-27SK. Chinese officials commented that the J-15 could match the performance of the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet and the Rafale M naval fighters.
Source: Shenyang J-15 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This issue had already been much discussed here.

milit203.jpg

More reading:
J-10B Gets AESA

True, it takes years of experience to operate a carrier, but I suspect that PLAN can go through those challenges. If the IN can, so can PLAN.

J-11BºÍJ-15¾ø¶ÔÓÅÓÚÔ­°æ_ÍøÂçÎÄÕÂ_ÖоüÍø

The J-15 is a stop gap, but it is also one that will be in service for quite a while. The Super Hornet was technically a stop gap but they produced over 500.

Otherwise, why would they build J-15?

People here still living in dream world

How can you compare a fighter with unknown specs with worlds one of best fighters ??

People here still living in dream world

How can you compare a fighter with unknown specs with worlds one of best fighters ??

Because the specs that we know matches that of the Super Hornet.

Wow, i didn't know that the SU-33 did not have refueling capabilities, i suppose its refueling probe is for show and aerial refuelers actually pump air in to its fuel tanks.

with unkown radar and foreign engine I am sure you are right :lol:

The only thing I am right about is your lack of information on this matter.

The J-15 uses AESA and a WS-10A engine, buddy.

I cant see what your trying to prove. The f35 will be with Australia and probably Japan about the same time, then you have Pak Fa and the export partners that might produce.
The J15 is just a Su33 ripoff when the other planes and ground-up next gen.

I cant see what your trying to prove. The f35 will be with Australia and probably Japan about the same time, then you have Pak Fa and the export partners that might produce.

See post #1 of this thread it will be all cleared to you.

J-15 airframe has more composites then the original SU-33, these are highly modified internally/externally. Chinese are developing these to be on par or more then the standards of Western Air Forces/manufacturers.

Funny, because the Su-33 does not have AESA, upgraded avionics, RAM, indigenous technologies, and new engines. So technically this "rip off" is indigenous.

And I think you forgot about the J-20 and the 4 other 5th generation fighters being built.

Considering Japan is not a partner in the JSF program, when do you expect they will obtain F-35? J-15 is entering service as soon as next year, and competition for its replacement is due to start soon. Hell, SAC's 5th gen program was designed to be modified for carrier use to begin with.

LOL at Su-33 rip off. Another idiot without a shred of idea. Here is a hint, it was Ukranian that provided assistance, not Russians.

I would say that the F/A-18E/F will have the advantage of distance (BVR).Repeat the same scenario when compared to the Su-33 and F/A-18. Dogfight will be the performance of the J-15, but J-15 died before could realize anything.

Back
Top Bottom