What's new

Modern multirole fighter assessment

How are MiG31 and MiG41 (31 with 4.3 Mach) Present in this list?

@500

Last edited:
Yes F-15SG and F-15SA are same.

The F-15SA and the F-15SG are in fact very much different, not the same at all, one could say that the F-15SA is a half generation ahead of the rest of the F-15s. Here I will demonstrate:

F-15SG:

Counter Measures: The F-15K differences), including updated ALQ-135M system (manufactured by Northrop Grumman). The new ALQ-135M system uses a PowerPC based architecture instead of multiple processors, thus utilizing significant speed and memory enhancements. It also features sophisticated microwave power module (MPM) transmitter technology to reduce weight and increase jamming effectiveness. Band 1.5 and Band 3 are available with the new tool. The F-15SG most probably includes BAE Systems' ADDS. Unconfirmed alternative analyst views suggest the F-15I Raam.

F-15SA:

Electronic Warfare: Instead of the TEWS used in the Strike Eagle, the F-15SA will feature a digital electronic warfare system (developed by BAE Systems), dubbed as DEWS. DEWS was developed by leveraging F-22 and F-35 EW program results and replaces 4 legacy systems of the Strike Eagle. It is fully digital (hence its name) and works in close integration with wideband RF systems, including the AN/APG-63(v)3 AESA radar, giving the jet a very sharp edge in the electronic warfare arena.

DEWS offers full quadrant detection and response control, containing aft receiving antennas on top of the tails, aft RF transmitters and antennas built in the tailbooms, forward RF transmitters and antennas built in the leading edge of the wing roots, forward receiving antennas built in the wingtips and a low band Rx knife antenna placed on the underbelly of the jet below the cockpit. DEWSincludes a digital RWR, digital jamming transmitter, ICS and an interference cancellation system. According to Boeing, the system will enables the F-15SA to jam enemy radars while its own radar and RWR continues to operate.

Not to mention the Fly-by-wire on the F-15SA not on the F-15SG, the activation of two new extra hardpoints and having a bigger payload as well, more fuel capacity for increased range. The F-15SA and the F-15SG are in no way the same aircraft.

How are MiG31 and MiG41 (31 with 4.3 Mach) Present in this list?

@500
MiG-31 is pure interceptor with zero maneuverability. No point to compare it to maneuverable multirole fighters. Apples and oranges. MiG-41 is a fiction.

The F-15SA and the F-15SG are in fact very much different, not the same at all, one could say that the F-15SA is a half generation ahead of the rest of the F-15s. Here I will demonstrate:

F-15SG:

Counter Measures: The F-15K differences), including updated ALQ-135M system (manufactured by Northrop Grumman). The new ALQ-135M system uses a PowerPC based architecture instead of multiple processors, thus utilizing significant speed and memory enhancements. It also features sophisticated microwave power module (MPM) transmitter technology to reduce weight and increase jamming effectiveness. Band 1.5 and Band 3 are available with the new tool. The F-15SG most probably includes BAE Systems' ADDS. Unconfirmed alternative analyst views suggest the F-15I Raam.

F-15SA:

Electronic Warfare: Instead of the TEWS used in the Strike Eagle, the F-15SA will feature a digital electronic warfare system (developed by BAE Systems), dubbed as DEWS. DEWS was developed by leveraging F-22 and F-35 EW program results and replaces 4 legacy systems of the Strike Eagle. It is fully digital (hence its name) and works in close integration with wideband RF systems, including the AN/APG-63(v)3 AESA radar, giving the jet a very sharp edge in the electronic warfare arena.

DEWS offers full quadrant detection and response control, containing aft receiving antennas on top of the tails, aft RF transmitters and antennas built in the tailbooms, forward RF transmitters and antennas built in the leading edge of the wing roots, forward receiving antennas built in the wingtips and a low band Rx knife antenna placed on the underbelly of the jet below the cockpit. DEWSincludes a digital RWR, digital jamming transmitter, ICS and an interference cancellation system. According to Boeing, the system will enables the F-15SA to jam enemy radars while its own radar and RWR continues to operate.

Not to mention the Fly-by-wire on the F-15SA not on the F-15SG, the activation of two new extra hardpoints and having a bigger payload as well, more fuel capacity for increased range. The F-15SA and the F-15SG are in no way the same aircraft.
Both have F-110- GE-129 engine, APG-63(V)3 AESA radar, Sniper XR targeting pod with "Tiger Eyes" IRST.

Perhaps the best Aircraft ranking thread so far.

Good part is that with AESA,JF-17 can be made to even go against heavy fighter aircrafts like MKI or Rafale

Perhaps the best Aircraft ranking thread so far.

Good part is that with AESA,JF-17 can be made to even go against heavy fighter aircrafts like MKI or Rafale

Once the JF-17 is equipped with ramjet powered AAMs, more powerful engines and also linked with AEW that it's radars can guide missiles fired from the JF-17, then no reason that the JF-17 cannot be a formidable opponent to MKI or Rafale.

In an purely air-defence role, future upgraded variants of JF-17 can stand up to MKI or Rafale.

Both have F-110- GE-129 engine, APG-63(V)3 AESA radar, Sniper XR targeting pod with "Tiger Eyes" IRST.

They are similar. But they are not the same, I saw you give extra points for "More Advanced Technology", well, the F-15SA is more advanced technologically than the F-15SG.

Once the JF-17 is equipped with ramjet powered AAMs, more powerful engines and also linked with AEW that it's radars can guide missiles fired from the JF-17, then no reason that the JF-17 cannot be a formidable opponent to MKI or Rafale.

In an purely air-defence role, future upgraded variants of JF-17 can stand up to MKI or Rafale.

Unlikely future JF-17 can stand upto MKI.

When the Super MKI comes then the gap will only widen regardless

@500

The most advance/lethal F-15 is that of KSA airforce and not F-15SG (Singapore)...or are they same? Am I missing something? Why didn't you use KSA's most latest F-15 as a comparison?

JF-17 block II has a better radar (increased modes, and increased range), more range (more fuel/air-to-air refueling), more powerful engine (improved RD-93)...and improved electronics/avionics.

So JF-17 block II is like 61/62 compared with Su-30MKI 68 (majority of Su-30s and JF-17s aren't AESA as of now)...

So @500 research actually proves that JF-17 is a very potent fighter compared to its price-tag...and moreover, su-30 is a powerful plane but no raptor.

Difference between Su-30MKI and JF-17 isn't that much...Even our JF-17s can give a bloody nose to Su-30MKIs, with effective and smart tactics...forget about our latest F-16s which are equipped with the best BVR missles in South Asia and are more than a match to Su-30s

So delusions of indians who think that IAF holds some "decisive" edge/superiority over PAF is only more laughable now after this thread.

In any war, the air force that deploys its tactics smartly will over-come the adversary. There is no "decisive" superiority of IAF w.r.t to PAF...

Note: ALL PAF JF-17s are either block II level or being converted to block II level.

JF-17 Thunder block II is the first 'real' JF-17 that would be deployed en masse by PAF.
There is lot difference between both fighters... as far as i can see JFT blk 2 is not going to br equipped with AESA neither new engine. ..

1.F-22 air superiority
2.Rafale multi-role
3.EA-18G Growler electronic warfare

those three are my VIPs to dominate the skys of most countries.

@500 can you provide the detection ranges of jf 17 and mki without load, with half load, with full load ....

External tanks add lots of drag. F-35 can also carry them.

Combat radius on internal fuel and with AtA load is 925 km for Rafale and 1082 km for the F-35A. That is, despite having 15% higher fuel fraction, 75% greater internal fuel capacity and carrying all 4 missiles internally (Rafale typically carries 6 missiles, of which 2 wingtip missiles cause insignificant drag inrease), F-35 has only 17% greater combat radius (which indicates that a clean F-35 has inferior lift/drag and thrust/drag ratios when compared to AtA-configured Rafale). That being said, F-35 is a ground attack aircraft by design and in a strike mission it can be expected to have significant combat radius advantage over Rafale if external tanks are not used by either aircraft - but then again, Rafale will typically carry significantly heavier payload.

BTW, cca 50% of the fuel in external fuel tanks is used up to counter increased drag.

As I said i counted agility by comparing wing loading and TW ratio (empty weight + half fuel + 500 kg).

779ed9b44711d36219a2e9176665c2b1.png

These are objective numbers. Then I also added points for roll, alpha and TVC.
as usual +1 to you for coming up with something innovative , fresh and original
always a pleasure to read.
many thanks

@500 can you provide the detection ranges of jf 17 and mki without load, with half load, with full load ....
JF-17 is not in that league lol

empty weight 6,586 kg
internal fuel 2,300 kg
T/W 0.95
dry thrust 11000 lbf
wing area 24.4
ceiling 16,920 m
speed 1.8

Source: Modern multirole fighter assessment

Last edited:
just asking yar... she is informative. ..
I will try to get the numbers and try 500's formula let me see :)
(what I meant to say was.. Yaar qeu sharminda kertay ho lol)

empty weight 6,586 kg
internal fuel 2,300 kg
T/W 0.95
dry thrust 11000 lbf
wing area 24.4
ceiling 16,920 m
speed 1.8

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom